Coral Vue Hydros

Reclamation project

snostorm

No, I couldn't resurrect those water cooled lights here.  This is a new house and the moisture in the concrete floor made it practically rain in here so the thing which had open wiring kept shorting out.  I had to buy lights like everyone else uses but I am not happy about it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
4 hours ago, Paul B said:

No, I couldn't resurrect those water cooled lights here.  This is a new house and the moisture in the concrete floor made it practically rain in here so the thing which had open wiring kept shorting out.  I had to buy lights like everyone else uses but I am not happy about it. 

Dang!

• 1 month later...

Welp.....I think I have finally solved the mystery of why I kept sending Skunk Cleaner shrimp to their demise in my tank.  I was vexed as I just could not keep any cleaner shrimp alive  long term. I now have had a very healthy shrimp thrive in my tank for well over 6 months. I was utilizing distilled water as my primary source for top off water obtained from a local Rite aid.  Oblivious to the possibility that this could be the reason why I kept killing cleaner shrimp. I transitioned to RO DI from LFS and all is well.  No idea what was in the distilled water but maybe some copper or whatever. 

Distilled water is a no go apparently.

• Wow 2