Top Shelf Aquatics

Schreiba's ADA 60P

teamschreiba

7 minutes ago, teamschreiba said:

New FTS's!  Crazy I haven't posted one with sand yet.  Also, I know the UV sterilizer really takes away from the minimalist look (especially with the cord in the tank...) but the water clarity and sand cleanliness benefits have just been so great that I'm not willing to take it out.  Let me know what you guys think!

51668174206_15045e57da_o.jpg

51668416043_0f44ecdb23_o.jpg

looking good to me.  the UV def didn't jump out, wouldn't even recognize if it you didn't say anything.

3 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

looking good to me.  the UV def didn't jump out, wouldn't even recognize if it you didn't say anything.

Appreciate it! Yeah I guess it’s more noticeable in person. 

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, TheKleinReef said:

whoa this tank is super cool. love the look.

Thanks!! 

25 minutes ago, Justind823 said:

Yea I barely noticed the UV in the shadow of the overflow. Tank is looking great! Still going strong All-for-reef?

Thank you!! And yeah still going strong with it. I probably need to start monitoring my alk

more now that the SPS corals are really starting to grow. 

• 2 months later...

Things are continuing to grow! Also I ended up ditching the sumpless overflow. It really wasn’t skimming at all and then the internal pump failed causing the entire ATO not to work. Luckily I caught it and replaced it with a standalone surface skimmer with some floss and carbon inside. That is working very well so far and it all takes up less space cutting down on the amount of equipment in the tank. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
teamschreiba
IMG_0036

New FTS!  You can really see the growth on nearly all of the SPS compared to the last FTS in November.  Also I think it looks better without the big overflow box that really wasn't doing anything.  Zoas are growing some but not nearly as fast as the SPS.  I know they're not the most difficult of SPS, but it is still exciting to see this much growth in a 17 gallon tank with no sump/skimmer.  At this point, all I'm doing is feeding some pellets once per day, changing out the floss in the surface skimmer & UV filter about once a week, and doing a 5 gallon WC every 1-2 weeks.  Also, the GSP is moved down lower in order to allow the hermits to eat all the GHA off it.  When it is up high they can't get to it and the snails don't do much.  Once it's nearly overgrown, I'll move it back up.

Let me know what you think!

• Like 4
  • Wow 2
  • 3 months later...
teamschreiba
FTS_July 2022

New FTS!  Not too much has changed, just upping the dosage of all-for-reef per day.  Also moved the torch and some zoas to a lower light location because I think they're getting blasted with too much light even on the sand.  

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
teamschreiba
6 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

Wow,this tank is amazing. You have done an outstanding job. Glad to see another Virginian on here. 

Thanks!!

teamschreiba
2 hours ago, schg said:

Always a beautiful tank, definitely one of my favorites. Looking amazing!

Thanks that’s much appreciated! 

• 5 months later...
teamschreiba

Tank is doing well!! Had a temperature issue in the house and lost one small SPS frag and most of the red dragon but managed to save two small frags that are now doing well on the floating shelf in the back on the left.  Also remounted the pocillopora on top of the small main rock on the right since it outgrew its previous location and will also provide some shade for the zoas which I think they prefer.  Let me know what you think!

FTS Jan '23FTS Jan '23

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
teamschreiba

Things are growing out nicely!  Not really too many updates which is a good thing at this point.  Had the macro out to take pictures of some frags I listed today so also took a top down of the pocillopora colony which is getting huge (respectively for my tank...).

IMG_0065

• Like 3
  • 6 months later...

Finally some new pictures!  I recently did a local move which is always terrifying but luckily with the simplicity of the setup it went really well.  I took the opportunity to re-scape the right hand side of the tank and am really happy with it. Almost everything is growing great at this point.  Zoas are definitely slow but I think that's because I've optimized the tank for SPS.  Let me know what you think!

FTS Sep '23 FTS Sep '23

• Like 7
15 hours ago, DNR88 said:

Looks beautiful, would be great to get a little clip. 🙂

Thank you! I’m not the best with videos but I’ll see if I can do one today. 

On 9/22/2023 at 9:15 AM, TheKleinReef said:

whoa tank looks stunning!

On 9/22/2023 at 1:11 PM, Justind823 said:

Beautiful!

Thank you both, it’s much appreciated!!