Coral Vue Hydros

Newbie Reefer - What Type of Worm is This?

Alex Rhe

Hi, this is my first time posting here and I am wandering what sort if worm this is ( sorry the photo is bad) and whether it's bad or not and if so, the best way to get rid of it. I got up this morning and saw it. When I turned the aquarium light on, it seemed to try and slink back. This is my first marine set-up although I've had cold and tropical fresh water fish for years. 

Any help and tips would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks!

InkedIMG_20200429_092503_01_LI.thumb.jpg.c7b38a02a8a755a1f5c84ccaa06ad03e.jpg

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Alex Rhe said:

Hi, this is my first time posting here and I am wandering what sort if worm this is ( sorry the photo is bad) and whether it's bad or not and if so, the best way to get rid of it. I got up this morning and saw it. When I turned the aquarium light on, it seemed to try and slink back. This is my first marine set-up although I've had cold and tropical fresh water fish for years. 
Any help and tips would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks!

IMG_20200429_092503_01.thumb.jpg.20e43a1d9ed656917941ab8dcc864060.jpg

Can you circle the worm? I don’t see anything. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Alex Rhe said:

I've circled it. Can anyone see it clearly enough? I can't take a clearer photo for now as I think it's gone into the coral.

The white thing?

Just now, WV Reefer said:

Does it look like this?

CF6A4C6E-79DA-4D52-BE8E-0BF8E7A4CA52.thumb.jpeg.d96f78ceb155ed0a892c9baf6d4411f2.jpeg

if so it’s mesenterial filaments. 

Yes! That looks like it. Thank you! I've done a tiny bit of research on it but it seems pretty 50/50 whether its bad or not. What's your opinion of them showing? 

• Like 1
Just now, Alex Rhe said:

Yes! That looks like it. Thank you! I've done a tiny bit of research on it but it seems pretty 50/50 whether its bad or not. What's your opinion of them showing? 

No biggie. Maybe something pissed it off that morning or maybe the flow was catching the edge and blowing it up. I wouldn’t worry about it unless the coral takes a turn for the worse. 

and welcome to NR. 😊

• Thanks 1