inTank Media Baskets

Fluval Evo 5 Reef Build

Reefer madness 420

Reefer madness 420

Howdy all,

Tanks doing pretty amazing for being very new! I'm having success with keeping SPS. Right now were in a transition phase as I have been working on my high phosphates and water chemistry. I have added a TLF 150 reactor with ROWA due to my high phosphates (0.29).

My parameters are as follows:

P 0.00

Alk 6.5

Nitrates 40ppm

Mg 1230ppm

Ca 440ppm

I am working on raising the phosphates by feeding reef roids more often. I am also staring to dose slowly to raise alk and I may start trying to get magnesium up a little more. To do this I'm using red sea a, b and c. I stopped dosing purple up as i had really high calcium and I see some bew coraline growth. 

I have since added a nice big mat of GSP on my glass wall and a few more corals. I also got a orange and yellow filter to really be able to show the color. 

Tonight I made a DIY $20 skimmer using a fluval mini siphoned and an air stone. Seems to be working but I have no experience with skimmers. I out some filter floss at the opening because it is in my display. The foam is white as of now and it is collecting some liquids. I think I'll have to cut the tab inside the siphon as its popping the bubbles and I doubt that's efficent. 

I have also ordered a custom AIO frag tank measuring 24x25x12 as my corals have explosive growth and I have such a tiny tank. 

As for my final coral addition I'm thinking a rr dynamite or rainbow chalice. 

I am also adding two small mocha storms which are now with the breeder growing.

Here's some pics taken at various times😁

20200630_195358.jpg

20200630_195405.jpg

20200630_195426.jpg

• Like 1