SaltCritters.com

UNS 45A

bvck

I like that idea! Here are some before lights on this AM. Just got my @Oceanbox Designs frag rack so the few frags I have are up on that for the time being. Excited to start arranging my zoa garden just waiting on an order from reef lounge to be shipped probably next week.

7D1952CE-83A4-48F7-9818-7ECA041DBF09.jpeg

3CB6549E-E41A-4E2C-B3D2-394732856184.jpeg

52DDD481-6437-4352-9864-2AA7630AA8D2.jpeg

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, bvck said:

I like that idea! Here are some before lights on this AM. Just got my @Oceanbox Designs frag rack so the few frags I have are up on that for the time being. Excited to start arranging my zoa garden just waiting on an order from reef lounge to be shipped probably next week.

7D1952CE-83A4-48F7-9818-7ECA041DBF09.jpeg

3CB6549E-E41A-4E2C-B3D2-394732856184.jpeg

52DDD481-6437-4352-9864-2AA7630AA8D2.jpeg

Pretty tank, though I feel like the gooseneck Mount, mounted on the back would look better. 

@Fryguy0201 Thank you! Can not wait for it to be stocked and start the grow out. @William Ya I have considered that, I wanted the bracket I have now to work so badly haha but the tank is too narrow for it to be mounted on the back without the tank being on the edge of the cabinet. I might try out the gooseneck though, cause I would be interested to see how it changes the aesthetic. 

10 minutes ago, bvck said:

@Fryguy0201 Thank you! Can not wait for it to be stocked and start the grow out. @William Ya I have considered that, I wanted the bracket I have now to work so badly haha but the tank is too narrow for it to be mounted on the back without the tank being on the edge of the cabinet. I might try out the gooseneck though, cause I would be interested to see how it changes the aesthetic. 

Right now the excess metal on the mount draws the eye to the light fixture as opposed to the tank. I think a gooseneck mounted on the back middle, or back left would look the best 

1 hour ago, bvck said:

@William You think 12 or 18 inch gooseneck?

What are the demwnsions of yours tank, and would you mount it in the back corner or back middle ?

SliceGolfer

I would cut the upper bracket to size. Ban saw, hack saw, Dremel cut off tool. OR, get some conduit, bend and paint black, mount to back of cabinet and mount/hang light from it.

I went ahead and ordered a 12 inch gooseneck. Figured I would try that out. Side note: I am currently running the stock filter sponge cut at about 2/3 in the first rear chamber and chemi pure blue in the second. Is this alone a sufficient amount of filtration? I am tempted to purchase a mushroom box from @Oceanbox Designs and make it a small in tank refugium with some chaeto or something. I am doing weekly 10% water changes and want to make sure I keep everything as stable and filtered as possible. 

4 hours ago, bvck said:

I went ahead and ordered a 12 inch gooseneck. Figured I would try that out. Side note: I am currently running the stock filter sponge cut at about 2/3 in the first rear chamber and chemi pure blue in the second. Is this alone a sufficient amount of filtration? I am tempted to purchase a mushroom box from @Oceanbox Designs and make it a small in tank refugium with some chaeto or something. I am doing weekly 10% water changes and want to make sure I keep everything as stable and filtered as possible. 

It may look better rid you incorporate macroalgae in your scape. (Dragons breath can be very pretty as part of a scape)

• Like 1

Need some help identifying this. I added some seachem matrix about 4 days ago in a media bag. This is what is gathering around it. My tank seems like it isn’t necessarily thriving right now. Most of my zoas aren’t fully open and the sand bad seems to have a brown tint to it. 

E89AD63D-A080-4ECA-AF07-F2726F8EFDF5.jpeg

1 minute ago, bvck said:

Need some help identifying this. I added some seachem matrix about 4 days ago in a media bag. This is what is gathering around it. My tank seems like it isn’t necessarily thriving right now. Most of my zoas aren’t fully open and the sand bad seems to have a brown tint to it. 

Looks like cyano algae. You can try rinsing it off with some RO water or saltwater if you have some available.

24 minutes ago, bvck said:

Brown tint on sand could be diatoms.  Your tank is still fairly new right?  2 months or so?  Some uglies are to be expected.  Hang in there and keep up your routine maintenance.  Might want to double check your no3 and po4 if corals aren't happy.  If these are at zero, that could be your problem.

15 hours ago, Addinali said:

Looks like cyano algae. You can try rinsing it off with some RO water or saltwater if you have some available.

Thank you for the input, I will look into this.

14 hours ago, DreC80 said:

Brown tint on sand could be diatoms.  Your tank is still fairly new right?  2 months or so?  Some uglies are to be expected.  Hang in there and keep up your routine maintenance.  Might want to double check your no3 and po4 if corals aren't happy.  If these are at zero, that could be your problem.

Yes true the tank is still fairly new, so I will keep that in mind that some of this is to be expected. Don't I want phosphate and nitrate to be as close to 0 as possible?

• 2 years later...