Top Shelf Aquatics

UWDanno- 10 gal LPS

uwdanno

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, PJs nano said:

Great tank!  Loved your 20g too!  What light did you have on your 20g?

I had the Radion XR30 over the 20 gallon as well. I believe it’s a gen 2 light.

Small update.

Jawbreakers are getting deeper reds in them and the Gold Torch has about 7 heads now. I am still waiting for them to full detach from the colony so I can frag some 

C8923341-F43B-459F-9F91-5844EF915BDE.jpeg

D619B170-2175-4F63-808A-6F3FE7E0BFEE.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow 4
40 minutes ago, uwdanno said:

I had the Radion XR30 over the 20 gallon as well. I believe it’s a gen 2 light.

Small update.

Jawbreakers are getting deeper reds in them and the Gold Torch has about 7 heads now. I am still waiting for them to full detach from the colony so I can frag some 

C8923341-F43B-459F-9F91-5844EF915BDE.jpeg

D619B170-2175-4F63-808A-6F3FE7E0BFEE.jpeg

that gold torch colony is epic!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, uwdanno said:

Top down FTS. Starting to think about selling the Gold Torch. 🧐

I'll just take a single head before you sell the whole thing 😄

• Like 1
On 2/16/2020 at 12:47 AM, Scorched said:

I'll just take a single head before you sell the whole thing 😄

I haven't forgot you! The heads are almost split. Maybe another month.  I'd like to frag it up, keep a head for myself and sell the rest. 

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, Picogoby said:

Everyone’s so excited about the torch (hate to tell you in my local Shop UK it’s only £20 for 2 heads), but I am loving that blue lepto!

Would love a pic of that. Not sure I believe it!

Maybe your LFS isn't/wasn't impacted by the Indo export bans. 

3 minutes ago, uwdanno said:

Will get a pic for you next week when I go to get some bits and bobs for my daughter first tank....... your blue lepto however would frag up to £££‘S. Always find it really strange the big difference in price for corals and fish across the Atlantic. Your “gold/rare”  is our “bread and butter” and vice versa.!?!?!

I hope now Indo is back open for exports, things should become a bit cheaper and easier to find.

3 minutes ago, uwdanno said:

Will get a pic for you next week when I go to get some bits and bobs for my daughter first tank....... your blue lepto however would frag up to £££‘S. Always find it really strange the big difference in price for corals and fish across the Atlantic. Your “gold/rare”  is our “bread and butter” and vice versa.!?!?!

I hope now Indo is back open for exports, things should become a bit cheaper and easier to find.

55 minutes ago, uwdanno said:

Maybe your LFS isn't/wasn't impacted by the Indo export bans. 

Golden torch usually come form Australia..... don’t think I have ever seen one in an Indo shipment!

21 hours ago, Picogoby said:

Golden torch usually come form Australia..... don’t think I have ever seen one in an Indo shipment!

Opting out  - feeling toxic. The info is out there if you want to read up. Reefbuilders has some cool articles. 

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
mitten_reef

hey bud, saw you dropping by the other day on my thread...how are things going in this tank?  can't wait for my torch to grow like this one, one of the best-looking colony in any nano.

• Like 1
mitten_reef
13 minutes ago, dferrari13 said:

Post an up close pic of your clam...(that was not intended to be dirty....i really like clams)🤣

Stop by my thread and check out my maxima. can’t tell you what page it’s on, but most recent photoset was from 5/30.  In the same boat, suddenly I found myself searching for unique clams.  

• Like 1

I was always told that you can't keep a clam in a 10 gallon tank.....against this advice, I've tried with a maxima clam but failed twice, so I didn't add one again. I'm interested to see if you can keep one.....following

On 6/23/2020 at 11:00 AM, mitten_reef said:

hey bud, saw you dropping by the other day on my thread...how are things going in this tank?  can't wait for my torch to grow like this one, one of the best-looking colony in any nano.

Hey Mitten. I peek at your tank often. It looks great. I was/am considering a 30 long and was looking at yours to figure out how I would plan it. I've taken a turn now though and I am planning a Elos 36 gallon with a sump in the fall. Starting to collect parts now. 

This 10 gallon is doing okay. Nothing amazing. I have been battling some hair algae for a couple months now. Mostly brought on by some slip ups in my maintenance. It gets tough in the summer. 

• Like 2
On 6/27/2020 at 9:35 AM, dferrari13 said:

I was always told that you can't keep a clam in a 10 gallon tank.....against this advice, I've tried with a maxima clam but failed twice, so I didn't add one again. I'm interested to see if you can keep one.....following

You can definitely keep a clam in a 10 gallon if you are on top of everything consistently. Water changes, temp, parameters etc. There is no room for less than perfect. 

I moved mine to a friends tank, I kept in here for about 6 months than knew that I was going to be slipping some on maintenance. 

• Like 2
mitten_reef
2 hours ago, uwdanno said:

Hey Mitten. I peek at your tank often. It looks great. I was/am considering a 30 long and was looking at yours to figure out how I would plan it. I've taken a turn now though and I am planning a Elos 36 gallon with a sump in the fall. Starting to collect parts now. 

This 10 gallon is doing okay. Nothing amazing. I have been battling some hair algae for a couple months now. Mostly brought on by some slip ups in my maintenance. It gets tough in the summer. 

the upgrade sounds exciting!  I'm in the process of moving over to a sump system as well (WB FRAG 55.2).  progress has been super slow tho.  

• 3 weeks later...

Starting a new build. Planning on the Elos 36 gallon. Sounds like they become available again in August. Ahead of that, I’ve got the scape design done and the rock is in buckets cycling. 

Tank will be mixed with SPS up high and LPS - torches and goni’s down low 

277148F3-A1D2-489D-B0EA-3EA3B7AAB1E8.jpeg

CC7BAB43-02F2-466C-9A6E-4BC413148A0C.jpeg

B8717ABA-4563-40D0-8E62-B8F1B259C53A.jpeg

A4D6B739-1E1C-4027-92D9-98D61B106038.jpeg

• Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...
Christopher Marks
On 7/16/2020 at 9:46 AM, uwdanno said:

Starting a new build. Planning on the Elos 36 gallon.

An ELOS 36 gallon is going to be really nice! What drew you to that system in particular? I really like your aquascape concept and the open space.

What's new with the 10 gallon reef? Are you planning to move these coral into the future 36gal, or keep this one going too?