Top Shelf Aquatics

Kessel A80 Tuna Settings

Kurtz74

I have a Waterbox AIO 15 Nano Tank with a Kessel A80 Tuna Blue light and controller. Currently, I followed the BRS lighting schedule that I found in a video, but ideally I would like a bit more blue throughout the day. Any suggestions on how I can adjust this? I currently just have two fish and some Zoas. I assume I would need to adjust the "color" setting up some to get more blue? If this is not ideal for the tank/corals I will just leave it. Just wanted to see what everyone thoughts.

Current Schedule:

6:00 - Color 0, Intensity 10

9:00 - Color 30, Intensity 40

11:00 - Color 60, Intensity 70

12:00 - Color 80, Intensity 100

15:00 - Color 40, Intensity 50

18:00 - Color 0, Intensity 0

• Like 1

Actually increasing the "color" setting will give you more whites; you'll need to lower it to get more blue. I also use an A80 and have the "color" max out at 65% during the noontime hours, which gives a fairly photogenic look while still preserving enough blue to pop the colors of my corals just a bit.

Here's the schedule I am currently using. My tank has few stony corals and is dominated by gorgonians, ricordea, and macroalgae, and this schedule seems to be working well for them so far.

7:30 - 5 color / 5 intensity
8:30 - 30c / 45i
10:00 - 55c / 80i
12:00 - 65c / 100i
15:00 - 65c / 100i
17:00 - 55c / 80i
18:30 - 30c / 45i
19:30 - 0c / 0i

I think I only have 6 time slots on mine. So I guess I can try and condense what you have here and scale my color back a bit like you. Are you using a different controller to get more time slots and not the Kessel controller?

Thanks for the reply.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Kurtz74 said:

I think I only have 6 time slots on mine. So I guess I can try and condense what you have here and scale my color back a bit like you. Are you using a different controller to get more time slots and not the Kessel controller?

Thanks for the reply.

I have the "newer" version - the Kessil Spectral Controller X. It has a few extra programming options but is essentially the same as the one you have. It also comes with the added inconvenience of not including a unit link cable that interfaces with the A80, so I had to buy that separately. 😂 

Just make sure that you make lighting changes in small increments and not all at once, otherwise you might end up shocking your livestock. Changes in color are generally less impactful than changes in intensity, so you can fiddle with that with a bit more leeway I think. And the optimum lighting schedule for every tank is different of course, so take mine with a grain of salt! 😊

Also welcome to N-R! :welcome: