Ocean_dreamer89

Ocean_dreamer89’s BioCube 16

Tired

How do you check the pH of the bag water without opening it? Or do you open it and then quickly close it again somehow? 

• Like 1

Wonderboy

pH pen - I always consider ammonia to be present at some percentage no matter the duration because there is 0 bio filter in bags, so time is of the essence. If you are rehearsed with volumes and influences efficiently, reading QT parameters, transferring the specimen to an opaque lidded container, reading shipment/bag water parameters from there, and performing the necessary responses to match the parameters can be accomplished well under 30 seconds, ok well under a minute for sure lol - then there's temp verification.

Drip acclimation works very well, don't get me wrong - anyone can do the water scoop thing, too, of course - also usually works.

• Like 1

Ocean_dreamer89

Noticed this little guy the past two nights when I got home from work around midnight. From what I can find it looks like it might be a Elysia slug or maybe a baby snail. I have been seeing snails eggs frequently on my rock. Or it could’ve maybe been a hitch hiker on my new Scoly. When I dipped it, a TON of stuff came off of it.  I use both coralrx and Bayer when I dip and follow the process that was in a BRS video (minus the quarantine part).  Any ideas of what it might be? I tried to edit some of the blue out of the pictures to make it easier to see. It was difficult to get a good, clear picture. 

7765415A-3610-4A1F-835A-03F69B06C281.thumb.jpeg.e37d8ee74ff3d78395ded5014c787415.jpeg

62F89C4C-D830-4BCF-A44F-7F41D5EEB37D.thumb.jpeg.34bb3cfa9c0171cbe0903a4e99e84000.jpeg

FB79206B-C8E7-41B1-A6CE-48B805DDBE18.jpeg.82a6a23155f21b6b4eb1436ae995097b.jpeg

• Confused 2