ReefCleaners.org

I recently got a coco worm (Protula bispiralis) from my LFS. They convinced me that it’s easy to care for them and so I bought it. 

After doing more research I realized I really shouldn’t have bought it, as my tank is new and I’m relatively inexperienced. 

I’m wondering if any of you have experience caring for coco worms, specifically protula bispiralis, and if so, could you let me know? If you know anyone else who has cared for them, could you tag them in this post? I’d love to have a few people that I could contact and ask if (and when) I run into problems with my worm. 

My care regiment for it it has been feeding two or three times a week with either reef roids or two little fishies marine snow. I do weekly water changes, sometimes bi weekly. 

It seemed pretty happy for the first few days I had it, but now I find that it’s retracted about ~50% of the time that I see it (it’s possible that it’s out much more often than that, I’m just basing that number on when I walk by/look at the tank). 

A3DF35B9-0552-446D-93FA-D3C65F7596DD.jpeg

• 9 months later...

You are and it's doing fine... They aren't as difficult often mentioned but water quality is everything. They will stay in their tube at times for unknown reasons. A good sign is how big the crown is unfurled. They do everything through their crowns. The foods you are using are good. I'd also recommend bacteria supplements to your system as well. It will help mature your tank and feed the worm. Good luck.. 

• 1 year later...
On 4/28/2019 at 4:08 PM, Hannahhhh said:

I recently got a coco worm (Protula bispiralis) from my LFS. They convinced me that it’s easy to care for them and so I bought it. 

After doing more research I realized I really shouldn’t have bought it, as my tank is new and I’m relatively inexperienced. 

I’m wondering if any of you have experience caring for coco worms, specifically protula bispiralis, and if so, could you let me know? If you know anyone else who has cared for them, could you tag them in this post? I’d love to have a few people that I could contact and ask if (and when) I run into problems with my worm. 

My care regiment for it it has been feeding two or three times a week with either reef roids or two little fishies marine snow. I do weekly water changes, sometimes bi weekly. 

It seemed pretty happy for the first few days I had it, but now I find that it’s retracted about ~50% of the time that I see it (it’s possible that it’s out much more often than that, I’m just basing that number on when I walk by/look at the tank). 

A3DF35B9-0552-446D-93FA-D3C65F7596DD.jpeg

So, how is it doing? Did it thrive?