inTank Media Baskets

HELP! Possible coral bleaching?

Saltwatertank7

Saltwatertank7

So I recently picked up a torch and a favia for my 12.5 gallon tank. After a while I noticed the torch lose color very quickly, and begin to not extend much at all, and now I’m starting to notice the favia lose its green color on the top, but it still hasn’t it on the sides which are shaded from the light, is this fixable? All of my other vitals are doing well, but as you can see below, these two seem to be struggling. 

CE5E53D5-BC28-4BC4-970C-6A0069DEDD78.jpeg

04E070E0-8EFE-45BF-825E-2FE09BE31823.jpeg

40FF5D9C-561C-4FB0-A75F-0596907CAF79.jpeg

Are the first and second pictures of the same coral? The second picture looks fine, but it's hard to tell with the 1st and third pictures since they are so blue. Can you take some pictures under whiter light?

If they are bleaching, just reduce the light intensity or move them to a move shaded spot

• Like 1
Saltwatertank7
15 hours ago, yoshii said:

Are the first and second pictures of the same coral? The second picture looks fine, but it's hard to tell with the 1st and third pictures since they are so blue. Can you take some pictures under whiter light?

If they are bleaching, just reduce the light intensity or move them to a move shaded spot

Here’s a better pic of them! And yes the coral is the same torch, it turned from that solid darker color to clear. 

8CD1F51D-C42B-4C9B-82AE-D9193B799F5B.jpeg

EDD4CF07-737A-4A9D-AB87-AA54AA166BDC.jpeg

Saltwatertank7
4 hours ago, yoshii said:

I would move them under an overhang asap. Also, target feeding will help them recover

I don’t have much shade in my tank honestly, should I look into more rock then or something to help with shade areas? 

25 minutes ago, Saltwatertank7 said:

I don’t have much shade in my tank honestly, should I look into more rock then or something to help with shade areas? 

Lower your light intensity.  How long do you have them running for also?

Saltwatertank7
9 hours ago, patback said:

Lower your light intensity.  How long do you have them running for also?

Right now I have them running with an AI Prime, and I’m using a preset setting from their website. They come on at 10 AM and then reach their peak at about 2:00ish and then begin slowly declining all day, until they turn off eventually at 11:00 PM. That seems like a very long cycle right? I feel like that’s probably the issue? I just don’t know any good AI settings for LPS corals, and it’s difficult to program myself because I’m still somewhat of a beginner 

A0D55DD1-9C63-4DC8-BC2E-9489BE0D3A92.png

42D59302-6958-435B-A671-C8A3AD35E40B.png

• 1 month later...

We have very little to base our opinions on unless you give us more info about the tank.  Usually this means relevant test results and at least one good tank pic that shows the coral and major tank hardware.