Pod Your Reef

Spectras not so Janky UNS

spectra

righttirefire
7 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Looks awesome like a civil war trunk

Jokes on us... that is his civil trunk. "SPECTRA" is painting on it with his id number on the back side

• Haha 2
A Little Blue
9 hours ago, spectra said:

Well where is yours at ?

Hows this................built it today..............

IMG_6750.jpg

Winning stand so far. Love everything about it. Hope you can make a matching little canopy for your light. 🤭

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, A Little Blue said:

Winning stand so far. Love everything about it. Hope you can make a matching little canopy for your light. 🤭

Light has an arm just not sure how its all going to work though...…...short gooseneck so will see...…..

• Like 1
Just now, righttirefire said:

Well quit messing around at work and get home!

Yeah tell me about it...……...

Work sucks...……….

• Like 1
A Little Blue
12 minutes ago, spectra said:

Light has an arm just not sure how its all going to work though...…...short gooseneck so will see...…..

As long as you don’t mount that ugly thing on tank directly....  I see a metal arm extending from this cool stand with matching “canopy” thingy over this tank. 

It would make it a show stopper for sure. 

But I get it, all this crap takes time. 

PS

when you decide to get rid of this tank, I want THAT STAND !🤗

• Haha 2
17 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

As long as you don’t mount that ugly thing on tank directly....  I see a metal arm extending from this cool stand with matching “canopy” thingy over this tank. 

PS

+1

I would use 3/8" cast iron pipe fittings, a couple elbows, a couple caps, some straps to attach it to the back of the stand, and some some pipe. Easy peasy, and pretty cheap all things considered.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, A Little Blue said:

PS

Well had a plan to mount on the back of stand but the arm is just not working out...…..now that stand is done can mock something up to see if it can work...….

No mounting on the tank as the fugly filter is in the way :lol: 

And shipping that stand to NY would be expensive...…….plus the stand matches my 100 stand theme so...…..may have to keep it for a while. 

45 minutes ago, Lingwendil said:

+1

I would use 3/8" cast iron pipe fittings, a couple elbows, a couple caps, some straps to attach it to the back of the stand, and some some pipe. Easy peasy, and pretty cheap all things considered.

Problem with that is the light is wired and cant get it through. Thought about trying to pull the arm off but its just not worth it. but in the end may just do that. 

• Like 1
A Little Blue

3 minutes ago, spectra said:

Well had a plan to mount on the back of stand but the arm is just not working out...…..now that stand is done can mock something up to see if it can work...….

No mounting on the tank as the fugly filter is in the way :lol: 

And shipping that stand to NY would be expensive...…….plus the stand matches my 100 stand theme so...…..may have to keep it for a while. 

Problem with that is the light is wired and cant get it through. Thought about trying to pull the arm off but its just not worth it. but in the end may just do that. 

Well, if you decide that you don't need it anymore or have time to put together exactly the same thing, we can work something out. Very nice work and I do appreciate that kind of industrial craftsmanship. That HOB thingy is really depressing. It's not "old school", it's dumb school. 

• Haha 2
  • Thanks 1
righttirefire

Easy peasy. The older modes wires attach in controller with a jam screw. My dou was a gooseneck, but now its a hanging dou.

• Like 2
A Little Blue
1 minute ago, righttirefire said:

Easy peasy. The older modes wires attach in controller with a jam screw. My dou was a gooseneck, but now its a hanging dou.

That's what I was thinking. If there is a will, there is a way.

• Like 1
righttirefire
33 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

That's what I was thinking. If there is a will, there is a way.

But if he wants it done. He can come visit me... i drove up there last time

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
A Little Blue
38 minutes ago, righttirefire said:

But if he wants it done. He can come visit me... i drove up there last time

He doesn’t seem like a guy that asks for directions or wiring diagram lol 

If he can rewire a bike, I’m sure he can deal with a simple LED. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, righttirefire said:

Well hoping so............working on my second one and grabbing a screwdriver :lol:@DaveFason does that void the warranty :unsure: just kidding............

Hell want to use the nanobox as it will make this thing pop...........along with the HOB filter :rolleyes:

IMG_6753.jpg

• Like 7
1 hour ago, A Little Blue said:

Well, if you decide that you don't need it anymore or have time to put together exactly the same thing, we can work something out. Very nice work and I do appreciate that kind of industrial craftsmanship. That HOB thingy is really depressing. It's not "old school", it's dumb school. 

Hell it wasnt that hard really.........just seems like a lot to ship all the way across the states.......one corner to another........wasnt happy the way the inside turned out but hey it doesnt show. If I was to do it again would change a few things........so maybe you could be in luck :lol:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, spectra said:

Problem with that is the light is wired and cant get it through. Thought about trying to pull the arm off but its just not worth it. but in the end may just do that

not-an-electrician.jpg

• Haha 5
Just now, FISHnChix said:

not-an-electrician.jpg

I know just enough to get my ass in trouble :lol: hell you just run wires to the box and then hit the switch :whoa:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
3 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Just dont put your tongue on it and your good😎

Wait I have been doing it wrong..................

• Like 1
A Little Blue
29 minutes ago, spectra said:

Hell it wasnt that hard really.........just seems like a lot to ship all the way across the states.......one corner to another........wasnt happy the way the inside turned out but hey it doesnt show. If I was to do it again would change a few things........so maybe you could be in luck :lol:

Sounds good to me. At least it will make me a proud prototype owner. I know shipping will be a bit!h but hey, it would be nice to have that piece. I dig it and well,..... made n old USA. 👍

• Like 1
righttirefire
20 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Just dont put your tongue on it and your good😎

Thats how I test salinity and electricity...

The ol' tongue trick

• Haha 4

Well were in luck omgomgomg going to yank the neck off.................will see what I can come up with.........

and of course 2 sets of the same wire color :lol:

IMG_6757.jpg

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, righttirefire said:

Thats how I test salinity and electricity...

The ol' tongue trick

I do use the smell test to see if it's time for a wc..🤔