Jump to content
Clown79

Clowns 2.5 Cove

Recommended Posts

This guy is extra salty

I have been patiently waiting for your update.. mostly aquascape 😂 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tigahboy

I like the stage as well!  

Share this post


Link to post
Tmr8188

I’m running in the same issue with my light mounts.  Very elegant solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Clown79

I had to delay set up because I gotta get my hubby to drill a hole in the stage wall for wires.

 

I'm thinking it would be a bad idea to do it with the tank in place. 😝

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
vlangel
1 hour ago, Clown79 said:

I had to delay set up because I gotta get my hubby to drill a hole in the stage wall for wires.

 

I'm thinking it would be a bad idea to do it with the tank in place. 😝

You are probably right on that one.  I don't know how many times I should have waited on my hubby on things that I tackled myself...those often ended in rework! LOL

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Clown79
1 hour ago, vlangel said:

You are probably right on that one.  I don't know how many times I should have waited on my hubby on things that I tackled myself...those often ended in rework! LOL

Oh no one wants me handling power tools, I know that would not end up well. 😅

 

So definitely gotta wait on the hubby to do it.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
MetaTank
3 hours ago, Clown79 said:

I had to delay set up because I gotta get my hubby to drill a hole in the stage wall for wires.

 

I'm thinking it would be a bad idea to do it with the tank in place. 😝

Nahhh...whats the worst that could happen 😂🤣

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Clown79
21 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

Nahhh...whats the worst that could happen 😂🤣

Lol. My speculation is either a hole in the tank or one in me. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
This guy is extra salty

You don’t need any holes 

just dangle the cords like everyone else

  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Clown79
7 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

You don’t need any holes 

just dangle the cords like everyone else

I hate cords and them being disorganized. 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
vlangel
5 hours ago, Clown79 said:

I hate cords and them being disorganized. 

 

 

I am a little OCD about messy wires all tangled up with each other too.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Clown79
59 minutes ago, vlangel said:

I am a little OCD about messy wires all tangled up with each other too.

Glad I'm not the only one. 😁

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Clown79

Finally got the hole drilled and spent part of the day setting up the pico.

 

I really like the ocean direct sand, it was so easy to rinse out compared to the last sand I used.

Did a few rinses with tap water and finished with a rodi rinse with Prime. Took no time.

 

I spent most of the time doing the aquascape. It's tricky aquascaping in such a small tank!

 

I tried keeping the aquascaping higher to leave room on the sand bed for my dragon soul favia that I am transferring from my 10g. My nems are on the move and I don't want them damaging the favia.

 

Got my filter set up and running, I'm just using floss and carbon. Keeping it simple.

 

I really like the heater being in the filter.

 

I also added a royal blue led light in the back to give a backdrop effect, it also acts as a moonlight.

 

This project so far has been so fun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

20190405_151420.jpg

20190405_134728.jpg

20190406_003432.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
MetaTank
44 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

Finally got the hole drilled and spent part of the day setting up the pico.

 

I really like the ocean direct sand, it was so easy to rinse out compared to the last sand I used.

Did a few rinses with tap water and finished with a rodi rinse with Prime. Took no time.

 

I spent most of the time doing the aquascape. It's tricky aquascaping in such a small tank!

 

I tried keeping the aquascaping higher to leave room on the sand bed for my dragon soul favia that I am transferring from my 10g. My nems are on the move and I don't want them damaging the favia.

 

Got my filter set up and running, I'm just using floss and carbon. Keeping it simple.

 

I really like the heater being in the filter.

 

I also added a royal blue led light in the back to give a backdrop effect, it also acts as a moonlight.

 

This project so far has been so fun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

20190405_151420.jpg

20190405_134728.jpg

20190406_003432.jpg

I like the depth in the scape. Very cool little cove!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tigahboy

Nice scape!  I like the cove as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
This guy is extra salty

That aquascape tho😎

Share this post


Link to post
seabass

Nice minimalist scape.  Tagging along.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Clown79

Thanks everyone! 

 

I gotta say, I really love these tiny tanks.

Share this post


Link to post
SeaFurn

Ohhh....I like it!  And love the back light. 

Share this post


Link to post
Clown79

I will be making an acrylic lid for my tank, just waiting until I know for sure that I won't be moving the filter over a bit before getting that done.

 

The extension hose on the filter is long,, going to try to diy something to make it shorter.

 

I've added some corals.

 

I had a couple housed in my 10g for the pico, a few acans and my favia.

 

Favia isn't very happy. I think it doesn't like the flow from the filter. Going to give it a few days and if it doesn't improve, I will be putting it in another tank. 

 

I purchased a tyree toadstool, a lobo,

 

But the most exciting is the Jack o latern leptoseris. I have wanted one for a while.

20190406_214114.jpg

20190408_034414.jpg

20190408_034248.jpg

20190406_213909.jpg

20190406_214344.jpg

20190406_214401.jpg

20190406_214523.jpg

  • Like 5
  • Wow 8

Share this post


Link to post
kimdawg

Wow you started with a great scape. but when you added the corals it looks like a beautiful very mature tank.  I like the corals and how you placed them.

Share this post


Link to post
Tempestas

That's such a nice scape. And those corals are beautiful too!

Share this post


Link to post
Clown79

Thank you.

I can't wait to see it fill out.

Share this post


Link to post
Tigahboy
Posted (edited)

That Jack o latern leptoseris is 🔥🔥🔥!!!

Edited by Tigahboy
To add 2 more exclamation points
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
748S911

Wow, great scape, and coral selection.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...