Pod Your Reef

New Fluval Evo 13.5 Build

LesPaulGtr

That epoxy is a tricky business. I hope everything turns out okay! 😞

Fish also excrete ammonia simply through the action of their metabolism, even if they are not producing waste. In times of stress I have to imagine that they excrete more of it as well, so that could be having an impact on your parameters.

Thanks @billygoat @748S911, I did a 25% water change today and plan on doing more in the coming days.  It's crazy about this epoxy it says it's "Reef Safe" - wish there was a warning on the packaging.  There actually is a "warning" in passing in the fine print saying if it's excessively handled under water it could release clouds of talc, which is non-toxic, but in large amounts (and in a small tank) could mess with the oxygen in the tank.  Wish I read that before hand...

I've used it underwater in 20 gallon tanks before with no issue. used it in my current tank too, and used it to plug the holes between chambers 1 & 2, and from the display to chamber two while the system was running.

On 3/15/2019 at 12:16 PM, LesPaulGtr said:

Hi All,

Just wanted to share my new build that I've been working on since December.  This is my first venture into the saltwater hobby.  Two clownfish were added a month ago and seem to be getting on just fine so far.

Specs:

Fluval Evo 13.5 tank

Chamber 1: Intank Media Basket with filter floss, Chemi-Pure Blue & Seachem Purigen

Chamber 2: ATO hose, Temp probe & PH Probe

Chamber 3: ATO High and Low sensors, Return pump & Heater

Stock Fluval Heater and Lighting

Hydor Koralia Nano 240

Neptune Apex EL controller

Neptune ATK top off system

Netpune AFS auto feeder

Icecap 5000ml reservoir for ATO, with low water sensor and leak sensor on counter

Cheap 3 fan mounted to hood for cooling

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome!  Thanks!

IMG_0089.thumb.JPG.ff5132aa1af97afb2c0b4500e68a20e6.JPG

IMG_0090.thumb.JPG.203c97189637a647d058e5860665401a.JPG

IMG_0113.thumb.jpg.8aac6bf2b3e246a861b34f773f51b81c.jpg

IMG_0094.thumb.JPG.6c62a4cfed735cc5b161645930fd6fed.JPG

What a great system setup. Good luck with the progress. Following through!