Coral Vue Hydros

anemone burns on fish? or somthing else

CoralStorm

my chromus has had this for a while nkw vut i just am curious what it is the fish is not acting weird its just hifing more often it looks like whitish lesions on the body of the fish could it be from an aiptasia sting? i will try to get a photo and will upload it when i can but for the time being does anyone kniw what it could be its definitly not ich because the lesikns are about the size of a nickel and its not spreading to other fish so i let the fish be any idea on what it is?

2 minutes ago, CoralStorm said:

my chromus has had this for a while nkw vut i just am curious what it is the fish is not acting weird its just hifing more often it looks like whitish lesions on the body of the fish could it be from an aiptasia sting? i will try to get a photo and will upload it when i can but for the time being does anyone kniw what it could be its definitly not ich because the lesikns are about the size of a nickel and its not spreading to other fish so i let the fish be any idea on what it is?

Your fish have been sick for quite some time now. 

• Like 1
Just now, WV Reefer said:

Your fish have been sick for quite some time now. 

ich is gone im sure ever since i stopped on that topic not a single fish got any sort of symptom of it i know ivh disapears bjt it should appear through about 2 weeks but that is obviously something that looks like a burn not a sickness because some of my chromis who have had it in the past had it eventually disapear after i took out the aiptasia i just dont know why this one is taking longer

Ich is not gone out of your display tank. You're ignoring actual tested science. I don't know how many times that needs to be repeated to you. It's almost unbelievable at this point. You haven't even logged one single fallow day out of the almost 80 days that your DT needs to go fallow (fish less). Because you have by your own admission moved fish in and out of QT to DT at least a couple of times. Thus breaking the cycle of the alloted time that needs to pass. You're transferring it back and fourth in an endless cycle. Again this has been told to you on at least 5 or 6 different occasions. 

• Like 1

I just want to give credit to the experienced reefers on this site, I’m a noob.. but y’all have the patience of saints.  So thank you.. I’m sure you don’t hear it enough.  We appreciate you.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, ReefGoat said:

Ich is not gone out of your display tank. You're ignoring actual tested science. I don't know how many times that needs to be repeated to you. It's almost unbelievable at this point. You haven't even logged one single fallow day out of the almost 80 days that your DT needs to go fallow (fish less). Because you have by your own admission moved fish in and out of QT to DT at least a couple of times. Thus breaking the cycle of the alloted time that needs to pass. You're transferring it back and fourth in an endless cycle. Again this has been told to you on at least 5 or 6 different occasions. 

i replaced all the water in the tank anyway (100 percent water change) and left my inverts/coral in qt after removing copper with activated carbon filter and biofilter media so yeah fish were held in my qt waiting 80 days also is a little exagerated 4-6 weeks is enough and besjdes this has nothing to do with ich so pleas e if you want to rant about that please do it in one of my ich related topics

7 hours ago, ReefGoat said:

and i found the cause of it and combatted it (temperature swings) using a second smaller heater to help support the main heater

jeez soon somone will recomend me to put a bomb in it to eliminate ich abd besides sometimes fallow periods could fail some way or another

52 minutes ago, CoralStorm said:

i replaced all the water in the tank anyway (100 percent water change) and left my inverts/coral in qt after removing copper with activated carbon filter and biofilter media so yeah fish were held in my qt waiting 80 days also is a little exagerated 4-6 weeks is enough and besjdes this has nothing to do with ich so pleas e if you want to rant about that please do it in one of my ich related topics

Doesn't matter if you replaced all of the water, still will be in the sand, rock, glass etc 

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, CoralStorm said:

jeez soon somone will recomend me to put a bomb in it to eliminate ich abd besides sometimes fallow periods could fail some way or another

Fallow wont fail, has been proven to work if you do it for the appropriate time based on the life cycle of ich. It will fail if you keep providing it with new hosts and not using the advice you have been given.. which you have been asking for 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Donny41 said:

Fallow wont fail, has been proven to work if you do it for the appropriate time based on the life cycle of ich. It will fail if you keep providing it with new hosts and not using the advice you have been given.. which you have been asking for 

im starting  to distrust this fourm anything can fail you guys are going off topic i cant ev

13 hours ago, Donny41 said:

im starting  to distrust this fourm anything can fail you guys are going off topic i cant even ask a question before it goes off topic ANYTHING CAN FAIL strains of ich that lasts longer cross contamination with equipment reintroducing/introducing sick fish want the whole rant?

I think everyone has been trying to help you out but you need to give yourself a chance to succeed before you claim anything can fail. If you go fallow for the amount of time that is neccessary, take all the precautions that have been given to you, and still fail after that then you have the right to claim "anything can fail". But without even trying you are guaranteed to fail because your not willing to do something to solve the issue. Quick fixes will not work in this hobby 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Donny41 said:

I think everyone has been trying to help you out but you need to give yourself a chance to succeed before you claim anything can fail. If you go fallow for the amount of time that is neccessary, take all the precautions that have been given to you, and still fail after that then you have the right to claim "anything can fail". But without even trying you are guaranteed to fail because your not willing to do something to solve the issue. Quick fixes will not work in this hobby 

I think we are all done here.  You tried Donny........don’t feel bad.  🙂

Every so often there is a person that doesn’t really want to be helped. We keep trying for the sake of the live stock but we are talking to a wall. This has been going on for a few months now.

• Like 4

there now i can clean my hands and move to a possibly more helpful and "honest" fourm. bye

one day i may come back to this fourm.

• Thanks 2
1 minute ago, CoralStorm said:

there bow i can clean my hands and move to a possibly more helpful and "honest" fourm. bye

Good luck. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, patback said:

Kits wiord hwo I cnat undrestnd coralstrom butt eye stil dnt Luke him.

I like the post in his other thread when someone was speaking “sponge bob”. 😄

On 1/15/2019 at 2:49 PM, CoralStorm said:

and i found the cause of it and combatted it (temperature swings) using a second smaller heater to help support the main heater

@WV Reefer

now it’s actually fitting. 

7F3447E7-D92D-4D90-9D78-EABCAE671DE7.jpeg

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I like the post in his other thread when someone was speaking “sponge bob”. 😄

I missed that. I'll have to look for it. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

I think we are all done here.  You tried Donny........don’t feel bad.  🙂

Every so often there is a person that doesn’t really want to be helped. We keep trying for the sake of the live stock but we are talking to a wall. This has been going on for a few months now.

B28417DB-90FF-41CC-8C6E-89042E9AD148.jpeg

Oops. Lemme fix this...

62B86ECD-E41C-4B92-AFAD-A520A499461F.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Big yikes.... white lesions sound like early stages uronema which is extremely common in chromis or a bacterial infection. Just my best guess without pictures.... if he comes back to read this. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Tamberav said:

Big yikes.... white lesions sound like early stages uronema which is extremely common in chromis or a bacterial infection. Just my best guess without pictures.... if he comes back to read this. 

I’m surprised any of the fish were still living at all. Who knows what they have.... he went from Ich, to bacteria, to dead skin to burns.  Poor fish. 😕

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, CoralStorm said:

there now i can clean my hands and move to a possibly more helpful and "honest" fourm. bye

one day i may come back to this fourm.

Had to get this in before cm closes it...

BYE_FELICIA.jpg

• Haha 1
41 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I’m surprised any of the fish were still living at all. Who knows what they have.... he went from Ich, to bacteria, to dead skin to burns.  Poor fish. 😕

😞 All my fish are alive... I had a small run with flukes but I went follow and prazipro and that is cured now... had my clowns many years now but what do I know :wacko: Some people just seem like they want some easy 'cure-all potion'. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

I wonder if the Coral Beauty made it. I think everything else died except the chromis and cleaner wrasse, based on the scattered responses and fractured timelines he gave on various threads. 

• Like 1
  • Christopher Marks locked this topic