inTank Media Baskets

Controller Plus Kessil A360 Plus Custom LED's

Hi guys, I'm Bobby and joined here about seven years ago but rarely used the forum. A few months ago I picked up a Reefer 450 that came with a ton of extras. One of the extras was a custom LED build. The controller was missing but I found out the BlueFish Controller is what was used so ordered one. Along with the custom LED's there was also a Kessill A360W Tuna. As of now I have the custom LED strips hooked up to the controller inputs 1/2, and 3/4. I then have the Kessil (2 inputs) with a splitter plugged into the 5/6 of the BlueFish. This is working but I'm sure I'm not getting the most out of it or how to go about setting it up. The Kessill right now only has blue light and no white like it does when it isn't connected to the BlueFish. I've tried different settings such as 0-10v and Kessill on the controller plus PWM and no PWM and can't seem to tell which is the best way to go. I'll post a couple pictures of the drivers, canopy I designed, and lights to help and please understand I know very little about custom LED's or what I even have to work with. I've been winging it so far and want to try and get the most out of my equipment. The guy was obviously very serious about his setup but I never met him due to unfortunate circumstances. Thanks in advance for any and all assistance on this matter.

Bobby C.

Incloud Design

HLG-120H-36B.jpg

20181115_002653_HDR.jpg

Canopy Build Final (6).jpg

Canopy Build Final (9).jpg

Full tank pic.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
SpencerShepard

Very nice setup...

What's the splitter for?  I'd plug the Kessil into the Bluefish 5/6 output directly.  There's an input and an output on each Kessil for 'daisy chaining'.  Your channels for the Kessil should be set up as 0-10V (no PWM).

• Like 2

Uh Oh, I have the splitter (Y Cable) coming off the Kessill. So there are two plugs going into the Kessill then converting to one plug going into the controller 5/6. I believe I tried it a couple different ways and the only way i got anything out of the light is the way I have it. And I also had all the lights on 0-10V but switched them to PWM because after reading articles it sounded like PWM had a wider range of dimming. I'll take it down today and look again and Thank you in advance for your feedback! 

4 hours ago, SpencerShepard said:

Very nice setup...

What's the splitter for?  I'd plug the Kessil into the Bluefish 5/6 output directly.  There's an input and an output on each Kessil for 'daisy chaining'.  Your channels for the Kessil should be set up as 0-10V (no PWM).

Sorry but forgot to ask about the strip lights themselves. Do they use PWM or 0-10V? Thanks!

4 hours ago, SpencerShepard said:

Very nice setup...

My friend you are the best. You just saved me a lot of time, money, and aggravation. After a second look at the Kessill I see the input/output and configured it correctly. Where I was confused is that at first it seemed that only channel 5 would work and channel 6 did nothing. I realize now that channel 5 is intensity while 6 controls the spectrum. I'm so excited now to tweak my lights perfectly. I was already researching and planning on buying new drivers and whatever was needed to utilize all the channels and have better control over colors. No need now. Thanks so much for your help, greatly appreciated!    

• Like 2
SpencerShepard

Awesome. Glad it helped.  As for your other lights, you'll need to have a look at the datasheet(s) for your drivers to see what signals they can accept for dimming.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SpencerShepard said:

Awesome. Glad it helped.  As for your other lights, you'll need to have a look at the datasheet(s) for your drivers to see what signals they can accept for dimming.  

Thanks again, colors are so much better now with the added control. I've done a lot of work in the past 5 months because all of this came dismantled and in boxes with no clue what half of it was. I made it this far so a little more research and I'll be good to go. I'll find the datasheet for the drivers and take a look. Take care and Happy Thanksgiving!

• Like 1
  • Recommended Discussions