Cultivated Reef

I didn’t see this on the list, please help!!!

Firefly4

What the HECK is this thing? Is it nice? Is it mean? What do I do!? Bristle wrongs are no big but I have never seen anything like this guy, though I am very new to this community! Please help a girl out!

415D7840-CB0A-416E-BB57-031FA0E13D3C.jpeg

Any chance of a better pic? There are a few things I can think of, both bad and good, it could be. Plus, a few I’m sure I can’t think of....  A better pic would help me help you.

Unfortunately I only have a video, and it’s too big to post, I’ll try to trim it. It was about an inch or so long, it had small tentacles at the larger end that it was using to move along the glass as well as (what I am assuming) filter feeding? Maybe? when I bumped it with the net it scrunched up to be like the size of a pea

Have you tried googling Medusa worm or peanut worm? They are both great animals to have in an aquarium. Trimming them would only kill an otherwise beneficial animal.

Just now, RayWhisperer said:

Have you tried googling Medusa worm or peanut worm? They are both great animals to have in an aquarium. Trimming them would only kill an otherwise beneficial animal.

Oh my goodness I meant the video! Not the animal lol. It’s somewhere in the live rock currently 

4 minutes ago, Firefly4 said:

Oh my goodness I meant the video! Not the animal lol. It’s somewhere in the live rock currently 

This is the only picture on the internet that I can find that is similar, it comes up when I search Medusa worm, but no other Medusa worm picture looks like that, and the site that it takes me to is just a stock image. The two that are in my tank we’re much smaller and completely translucent. But the same tan color and the same tentacles 

1A20609B-AB85-41DA-A9E8-28B0C7E40CCE.jpeg

Well, as I said. There are many things it could or couldn’t be. A Medusa worm is just a first guess. That being said. There are probably several hundred, or even thousand different species of Medusa worm. Just because it didn’t come up as the first picture doesn’t mean it’s not.

5 minutes ago, RayWhisperer said:

Well, as I said. There are many things it could or couldn’t be. A Medusa worm is just a first guess. That being said. There are probably several hundred, or even thousand different species of Medusa worm. Just because it didn’t come up as the first picture doesn’t mean it’s not.

BOY are there a lot of them! I did some digging on YouTube and found some that look the same, so it seems to definitely be a Medusa worm (thanks guys!!) I just don’t know what kind, or if I ever will based on how many there are. I’ll do some more internet digging tomorrow. Ah, the stress and excitement of hitchhikers 

On 10/28/2018 at 6:30 PM, Firefly4 said:

BOY are there a lot of them! I did some digging on YouTube and found some that look the same, so it seems to definitely be a Medusa worm (thanks guys!!) I just don’t know what kind, or if I ever will based on how many there are. I’ll do some more internet digging tomorrow. Ah, the stress and excitement of hitchhikers 

If you ever find out I would love to know what they are. I found one in my tank that was about 4 inches. I was able to take him out and quarantine till I find out what he is

9403D24A-932E-4740-B8FA-45495C83D2D1.jpeg