Jump to content
Daniel91

Daniel's Fusion 10 -

Recommended Posts

banasophia
3 hours ago, JBM said:

looks like you did a great job refraging.

 

perfect placement (sandbed is where everything goes for atleast 2 weeks fyi)

 

Give the coral another day or two to adjust to it's new home. they will do just fine

Two weeks in the sandbed? I’ve never done that...

Share this post


Link to post
JBM
2 hours ago, banasophia said:

Two weeks in the sandbed? I’ve never done that...

 

It's a good guideline for newer people in the hobby. Two weeks allow the frags to light acclimate, then it can be moved up some. 

Share this post


Link to post
Daniel91

I believe we’re about the 2 month mark with this tank and hopefully this will be the last sad update;

 

A little over a week ago, I added a TS Blenny and a Pistol Shrimp.

Shortly after introducing the Pistol, my YWG was no were to be found around his usual spot. I was like perfect, they’ve paired and are hiding in their cave.

 

Fast forward to yesterday, I had seen the shrimp plenty of times, coming out

for food, digging etc. but still no YWG. I decided to lift the rock the shrimp had his burrow. No YWG, just the active shrimp. I do not know where he went 😞

 

Up until this morning, the TS Blenny was doing amazing. Getting really comfortable, approaching me when I was near the tank, staring at me - really I loved his personality. Then this morning, a dried out Blenny on our wooden floor 😞

 

Coralwise, everything is great. Just had a little freak out with what I thought to be vermetid snails on my hammer.

 

I am really enjoying this hobby but boy the last couple of days have been an unfortunate mess 😞

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
banasophia
11 minutes ago, Daniel91 said:

I believe we’re about the 2 month mark with this tank and hopefully this will be the last sad update;

 

A little over a week ago, I added a TS Blenny and a Pistol Shrimp.

Shortly after introducing the Pistol, my YWG was no were to be found around his usual spot. I was like perfect, they’ve paired and are hiding in their cave.

 

Fast forward to yesterday, I had seen the shrimp plenty of times, coming out

for food, digging etc. but still no YWG. I decided to lift the rock the shrimp had his burrow. No YWG, just the active shrimp. I do not know where he went 😞

 

Up until this morning, the TS Blenny was doing amazing. Getting really comfortable, approaching me when I was near the tank, staring at me - really I loved his personality. Then this morning, a dried out Blenny on our wooden floor 😞

 

Coralwise, everything is great. Just had a little freak out with what I thought to be vermetid snails on my hammer.

 

I am really enjoying this hobby but boy the last couple of days have been an unfortunate mess 😞

Oh no... I’m sorry. Poor little guy. 😢 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Nano Nano Boo Boo
30 minutes ago, Daniel91 said:

I believe we’re about the 2 month mark with this tank and hopefully this will be the last sad update;

 

A little over a week ago, I added a TS Blenny and a Pistol Shrimp.

Shortly after introducing the Pistol, my YWG was no were to be found around his usual spot. I was like perfect, they’ve paired and are hiding in their cave.

 

Fast forward to yesterday, I had seen the shrimp plenty of times, coming out

for food, digging etc. but still no YWG. I decided to lift the rock the shrimp had his burrow. No YWG, just the active shrimp. I do not know where he went 😞

 

Up until this morning, the TS Blenny was doing amazing. Getting really comfortable, approaching me when I was near the tank, staring at me - really I loved his personality. Then this morning, a dried out Blenny on our wooden floor 😞

 

Coralwise, everything is great. Just had a little freak out with what I thought to be vermetid snails on my hammer.

 

I am really enjoying this hobby but boy the last couple of days have been an unfortunate mess 😞

We all have our bad days, keep the faith and the positive will always outweigh it. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Daniel91
18 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Oh no... I’m sorry. Poor little guy. 😢 

Thanks. Quite the loss. I guess I’ll just have to pick up another one and move on. 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Euphylin me
1 hour ago, Daniel91 said:

Thanks. Quite the loss. I guess I’ll just have to pick up another one and move on. 😕

i would get a complete cover for your tank...thats why you keep having carpet surfers. the cover that comes with the tank is not adequate enough....they will find the smallest gap and jump though it. i hope this helps

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
sapling

Hey @Daniel91 I’m sorry to hear about the TS blenny, and your YWG, it’s never fun to lose something. 

 

my TSB jumped and it was a very hard thing for me to see since it was my favorite fish throughout the time I had my 25g. I felt horrible since I was in the middle of building the top during that week. he never jumped in the 6 months prior.

 

as for your ywg, I had a bad accident happen to a exquisite firefish of mine swimming into a powerhead and being killed. I couldn’t find it anywhere for days until I finally started searching in the rockwork in the back, and I saw it’s corpse beheaded. I’m hoping that isn’t the case for you, and that the ywg is only possibly in the back of the aio or behind the rockwork. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Daniel91
18 minutes ago, sapling said:

Hey @Daniel91 I’m sorry to hear about the TS blenny, and your YWG, it’s never fun to lose something. 

 

my TSB jumped and it was a very hard thing for me to see since it was my favorite fish throughout the time I had my 25g. I felt horrible since I was in the middle of building the top during that week. he never jumped in the 6 months prior.

 

as for your ywg, I had a bad accident happen to a exquisite firefish of mine swimming into a powerhead and being killed. I couldn’t find it anywhere for days until I finally started searching in the rockwork in the back, and I saw it’s corpse beheaded. I’m hoping that isn’t the case for you, and that the ywg is only possibly in the back of the aio or behind the rockwork. 

 

 

Thank you - 

 

No power head, I’ve looked everywhere for a body (snails could’ve been fast), been flashing and looking in the back chambers and nothing yet. Either he jumped as well, died and consumed by snails or dug himself so deep into the sand that he dead and I cannot find him.

Share this post


Link to post
teenyreef

Sorry to hear about the losses but at least it doesn't seem like it was due to anything wrong with the tank conditions. I hate having covers on my tanks but I keep them on all three because I've lost too many fish over the years when the covers were off (or didn't exist). But don't get discouraged, sometimes you just have to try more than once. 

 

How are your new corals doing? They looked great in the first pictures you posted.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
dferrari13

Yup...I hate covers too but almost every fish can jump. I grabbed my lid from octo aquatics. About $120

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Daniel91
13 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Sorry to hear about the losses but at least it doesn't seem like it was due to anything wrong with the tank conditions. I hate having covers on my tanks but I keep them on all three because I've lost too many fish over the years when the covers were off (or didn't exist). But don't get discouraged, sometimes you just have to try more than once. 

 

How are your new corals doing? They looked great in the first pictures you posted.

I just noticed that I have not updated in a while. A couple of fish losses have not made me forget about the joy in the hobby!

 

For now;

I will see if I can shoot a FTS tonight.

I do not have a picture of the blasto & Duncan but they are happy too.

 

Don’t mind the plugs, I wanted to scout out a perman place before glueing down.

 

B9F354AA-8CD3-4856-BA75-63BDB19C1FAD.thumb.jpeg.851bf9b24c07465055521da37d49ff22.jpeg466822A0-EAC1-4DB5-A1AB-5D8059C2198E.thumb.jpeg.72e0752c19ff6e716237f527d263dbc2.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Daniel91

It's been awhile since I updated with a FTS.

Overall, my four corals are almost always happy and fluffy. I really wanted my torch placed elsewhere but it seems to like the limited flow in there.

 

My local fish shops have not had any must have corals, so I have been waiting for a good online sale. I got lucky last week, so I have some incoming on Friday - excited!

Along with the addition of corals, I am picking out my next fish(s) this/next weekend.

 

Well.... Here we are, 78 days into the journey. Sorry for the bad quality pics.

IMG_2127.thumb.jpeg.8a58cd02833a5aa01ef10e89ffd2e5b7.jpeg

 

Meet Toby, my only fish. Besides him, I only have a few snails and a Pistol Shrimp.

 

IMG_2129.thumb.jpeg.e490d6b95c3c96a243451aa63d062cea.jpeg

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
FlytheWMark

Interesting on your torch.  I have that exact same one and it didn't start really extending until I got increased flow on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Daniel91
55 minutes ago, Mark L. said:

Interesting on your torch.  I have that exact same one and it didn't start really extending until I got increased flow on it.

Yeah. Mine is quite the brat. It looked fully extended and happy in the former place but started to recede. Parameters were in check and was the only coral affected by placement. I moved it as a safety precaution.

 

I moved it to the current spot and while it has not yet healed, it is still fully extended and it has not worsend (from what I can see)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Daniel91

This picture is probably horrible as I quickly snapped on my way out. I realized that I have not updated my thread in a good while.

 

Here we are at 113 days into reefing:

E2D5B03E-8D53-49CB-90C6-0DE5FDD75A8F.thumb.jpeg.c3712a9e177c73659cc1baf357f92825.jpeg

 

The good;

Got three happy fish and the majority of my corals are growing well.

Still enjoy the sight of this mini ocean.

I’ve been too busy with work to research my next corals but I’m ready now, so I should have some additions within the next few weeks (montis, candy cane, bubble tip anemone, birdsnest and acan)

 

The meh;

I have had issues with my one of my torches since I got it. It’s receding and nothing can help it. Parameters are stable and i’ve tried different flows but nothing can satisfy it. Now it’s in a low flow spot and I will leave it there. Can’t be bothered with the constant battle of one coral.

My Favia had a rough time as well but is slowly coming back.

 

All in all, still going strong. Looks a little empty right now but will get filled up quick.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav

Looks great! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
JBM

Looking good

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
banasophia

Looks really good, @Daniel91.

 

I have two btas in my Nuvo 10 now and I love them. I planned my tank around getting one so I have two separate rocks - if they get too big I can trade out the rock and bta, and still have one rock to keep my corals on. Also, just remember if you get one it may move around on you, and if it does, you need to be sure it doesn’t ever block the return vent since this tank only has the one return, so it could cause the tank to overflow if that happens. I had a fish guard on the return at first due to this concern, but it seemed to really decrease the flow and my btas haven’t moved much, so I took it out (plus I work from a home office so I’m able to check my tanks all the time).

Share this post


Link to post
banasophia

Haha my bta just offered to demonstrate the issues the can ensue with a bta!!!

 

Okay seriously the big one had moved to the back of the rock a couple weeks ago and then I relocated the small one from my Biocube last week (it wasn’t happy under the Biocube lights) to the spot where the big one had been. I regrouped my leather and moved my macro last night so it would not be in the way of the BTAs. All seemed good as of 30 minutes ago, then after I posted my comment my bigger bta went on the move haha. It is now on top of the little one. 🙄😂

 

Before:

 

528ECB51-5C81-44CD-B149-636DE825D837.thumb.jpeg.9e3cf053534bcd30977e0a3a4e077ca7.jpeg

 

As of right now:

 

79433714-6496-4813-B45B-B683D43F6784.thumb.jpeg.5e53719deb7f98fe4aacb8a71d776a39.jpeg

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
banasophia

Bwahaha look at my BTA now! 🤣🤣🤣

 

Its probably going to go get on the return vent next haha. 

 

187077F2-0349-4A91-8B2C-47A3A06EC35D.thumb.jpeg.be2ad41d327ca469e53fbcd568197c9a.jpeg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Daniel91

Haha @banasophia - it’s showing off, as it knows mom is looking. Yours are gorgeous and in general a great addition to most tanks. Can’t wait to get mine.

 

My clowns are on-off hosting my hammer frag, so wonder if an anemone would gain their love.

 

Keep me updated - be fun to see where it settles. What flow are you rocking on your IM?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
banasophia
40 minutes ago, Daniel91 said:

Haha @banasophia - it’s showing off, as it knows mom is looking. Yours are gorgeous and in general a great addition to most tanks. Can’t wait to get mine.

 

My clowns are on-off hosting my hammer frag, so wonder if an anemone would gain their love.

 

Keep me updated - be fun to see where it settles. What flow are you rocking on your IM?

Oh nice your clowns are hosting in your hammer so hopefully they will take to your nem if you get one. Only one of my clowns shows any interest in the nems. I have a sicce 1.0 pump, no spinstream or powerhead at this time. I have an MP 10 I’ll add if needed, but so far so good without it. 

 

The nem’s trip around the tank is pretty interesting... I’ll post more pics in my build thread shortly. 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Daniel91
6 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Oh nice your clowns are hosting in your hammer so hopefully they will take to your nem if you get one. Only one of my clowns shows any interest in the nems. I have a sicce 1.0 pump, no spinstream or powerhead at this time. I have an MP 10 I’ll add if needed, but so far so good without it. 

Yeah, they haven’t slept in it yet (way to small as it’s just a frag) but they will nibble and lay on it once in a while. It doesn’t seem to mind.

 

Yeah my guess is that your flow is more than fine. Those sicce pumps are amazing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
JBM

clowns are funny like that. ive had a lta in my tank for the better part of 5 months. Clown wants nothing to do with it

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...