ReefCleaners.org

Daniel's Fusion 10 -> Fusion 20

Daniel91

I’m leaving for vacation in a few days, so I am spending the next nights prepping (Waterchanges, ATO re-fill, extra RO water jugs, pre-packing food etc.)

It’s very scary to have to leave my two tanks unattended for almost 18 days and actually a little sad, cause they are both progressing with noticeable coral growth as of lately.

I do have individuals to swing by and check up on them but I am really crossing my fingers that nothing horrible goes wrong (light/pump failure, power shut down etc)

I have to try to think less about it, so I can enjoy the trip to the fullest. But man, it’s tough..

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Just returned after 18 days vacation. Things are looking very rough in both tanks but I don’t see any major die off.

I think two big water changes are in order and then we’ll see over the next couple of weeks.

• Like 2

So it’s been almost a week since I returned and did the first water changes (did about ~5gal for each tank, split over two rounds)

Everything is slowly bouncing back, I am however losing my torch - it’s been slowly receding for a few months now but the last two days, it’s been crazy. Sad, as it is my second favorite piece of the IM10.

Besides that, everything looks happy - I’ll give it a few more weeks and then start stocking again. 

• Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow. I am really bad at taking/uploading my monthly picture. I’ll take one in a few days..

Everything bounced back except my torch, I lost it. Really sad but there was nothing to do..

Here’s a few pics of the EVO13

2B4342EA-2FFE-448C-AFBC-61F284545C83.thumb.jpeg.b2707fa5f1da5a1da4186fba0fc8189f.jpeg0E6DFB64-B65A-4D95-B431-CD2A9C7491C1.thumb.jpeg.c616b195e5c9491f236097b6526465fe.jpeg

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Daniel91 said:

Wow. I am really bad at taking/uploading my monthly picture. I’ll take one in a few days..

Everything bounced back except my torch, I lost it. Really sad but there was nothing to do..

Here’s a few pics of the EVO13

2B4342EA-2FFE-448C-AFBC-61F284545C83.thumb.jpeg.b2707fa5f1da5a1da4186fba0fc8189f.jpeg0E6DFB64-B65A-4D95-B431-CD2A9C7491C1.thumb.jpeg.c616b195e5c9491f236097b6526465fe.jpeg

Great pics! Sorry to hear you lost your torch 😞, but glad everything else pulled through. I find that having reef tanks does make it a bit of a challenge to enjoy vacation without worrying. I love that crab!!! Post more pics when you can!

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Great pics! Sorry to hear you lost your torch 😞, but glad everything else pulled through. I find that having reef tanks does make it a bit of a challenge to enjoy vacation without worrying. I love that crab!!! Post more pics when you can!

Thank you. I lost 2 corals (out of ~30) from being away for almost 3 weeks. Sad but I gotta count my blessings, cause it could’ve been a lot worse. 

The crab is awesome! He lost his Pom Poms but is definitely quite the character; Jumps on my trochus snails for a ride, hides under Acan heads, and constantly on the move when it’s dinner time.

• Like 1

I updated some monthly shots on the first page. Found this while looking from beginning of May - I really like it, despite some corals not in great shape.

0EAD09FF-C7CC-4921-BFB0-056129DDF298.thumb.jpeg.e7910f356dbe4ddecc3e70ecaabd564a.jpeg

• Wow 1