Coral Vue Hydros

IIX|EVO13.5

Illuiix

4 minutes ago, benjho said:

Calikid ben told me CFM is a good event, lots of vendors ahha. I'll check out ellis and bob's soon then, 

I live in a diff house now ahah, smaller 1 story but it's better imo, more convenient for the lazy guys like me lol.

Ellis is a garage store, just don't wear red/blue while going to Ellis. I like Bob's because he's friendly. He has some baller shrooms in is DT tank and an awesome mini frag tank for zoas.

Man, I just saw the CFM website; looks like there's more vendors now. Gonna be a packed event.

I remember you lived near a library and that's about it lol.

• Like 1
On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:06 PM, Red_Blenny said:

Ellis is a garage store, just don't wear red/blue while going to Ellis. I like Bob's because he's friendly. He has some baller shrooms in is DT tank and an awesome mini frag tank for zoas.

Man, I just saw the CFM website; looks like there's more vendors now. Gonna be a packed event.

I remember you lived near a library and that's about it lol.

Yeah that's where I used to live ahahah, I live elsewhere now, same small city tho ahaha.

Imma skip ellis lol, too ghetto ahahahah. I'll def check out bob's tho.

SOme pics!

40775866204_f430d78314_z.jpg

jawbreaker for $800 at California aq, wwc bounce at California aq.

rainbow chalice nfs at caliornia aq

gorg i bought for $50 not too shabby, might be nonphotosynthetic tho....

LOL Ellis is one of my favs. It's ghetto but not too bad, I see dudes in 7-series parked in the streets all for Ellis. Some of my fav shrooms are from that store too and I didn't have to sell a kidney for it.

That chalice, DAYUMN. I'm definitely going to try out a few chalice when I upgrade. 

The fungia I want is this one: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/once-upon-a-time-a-fungia-died.252814/

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:31 PM, Red_Blenny said:

LOL Ellis is one of my favs. It's ghetto but not too bad, I see dudes in 7-series parked in the streets all for Ellis. Some of my fav shrooms are from that store too and I didn't have to sell a kidney for it.

That chalice, DAYUMN. I'm definitely going to try out a few chalice when I upgrade. 

The fungia I want is this one: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/once-upon-a-time-a-fungia-died.252814/

I see. Yeah I hope to see some soon at CFM.

Soo I was at calikids on Saturday and he just got in an aurora jawbreaker mushroom! baby one tho, but it's super rare, I didn't know about it until he mentioned it.

Saying he is 1 out of 50 vendors able to get it, with only 2 being given out to vendors from sea dwelling creatures wholesales . Him and another vendor out of 50 vendors got it. Super super rare, Ben said he's going to grow it to nicket size before selling it for 3.5k......lolol

40595702485_4d1411f120_z.jpg41489140251_bb7cffab6b_z.jpg

41447157082_519ea4071f_z.jpg

46 minutes ago, Red_Blenny said:

CC Skull Candy looks waaaaaaaaaaay better than that shroom. 

Yeah but u read the reefbuilders article about the auroa jawbreaker? It's super fkin rare lmfao...it's not that nice tho lmfao... I could buy so much nicer looking corals with 3.5k lmfao

https://reefbuilders.com/2017/02/23/aurora-jawbreaker-mushroom/

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/wicked-aurora-jawbreaker-mushroom-has-supernatural-coloration.291616/

I've read it. There are probably tons of rare corals out there in this hobby anyways (like Planet Earth tenuis, Artist Canvas rhodactis, or Cheesecake shroom).  I'm not surprised someone would sell it for lots of $$$$$$$$, there is a market for high end shrooms (or high-end anything for that matter).

GF says the Aurora is pretty nice though.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Red_Blenny said:

I've read it. There are probably tons of rare corals out there in this hobby anyways (like Planet Earth tenuis, Artist Canvas rhodactis, or Cheesecake shroom).  I'm not surprised someone would sell it for lots of $$$$$$$$, there is a market for high end shrooms (or high-end anything for that matter).

GF says the Aurora is pretty nice though.

lolol yeahhh. Mann cfm in 3 weeks... u shud go tho ahah.

5 minutes ago, benjho said:

lolol yeahhh. Mann cfm in 3 weeks... u shud go tho ahah.

Hopefully. I'd love to find something crazy like this:

Fluorescence-Xenia.jpg

A gold torch or other cool/uncommon sofites would be great too (like a sinularia, or a neat shroom)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Red_Blenny said:

Fluorescence-Xenia.jpg

A gold torch or other cool/uncommon sofites would be great too (like a sinularia, or a neat shroom)

What is that?? red pulsing xenias??? lolol sick i want some

2 minutes ago, benjho said:

What is that?? red pulsing xenias??? lolol sick i want some

Bingo. Ask Ben from Calikid if he can get hookups for this

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Red_Blenny said:

Bingo. Ask Ben from Calikid if he can get hookups for this

He probably can. He used to work for a super high end wholesale company like 20 yrs ago and then he left, and that company couldn't survive witout him, and he started his own thing. He has mad access ahaha. He's gonna help me get a candy basslet too, $700 which is reasonable.

U need to visit his store asap!! call the store first tho to make sure hes open.

29 minutes ago, benjho said:

He probably can. He used to work for a super high end wholesale company like 20 yrs ago and then he left, and that company couldn't survive witout him, and he started his own thing. He has mad access ahaha. He's gonna help me get a candy basslet too, $700 which is reasonable.

U need to visit his store asap!! call the store first tho to make sure hes open.

I will go, I had a chance last Tuesday but didn't.... GF wants to see that Auora shroom anyways.

If he can get the red xenia, I want some of that lol.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Red_Blenny said:

I will go, I had a chance last Tuesday but didn't.... GF wants to see that Auora shroom anyways.

If he can get the red xenia, I want some of that lol.

U shud ask him, he loves to talk a lot so yeah everytime I'm there we talk so much lol, we're buddies for sure ahah.

He's good to be friends with ahahaha.

• Like 1

I went to some lfs in LAX, Redondo beach, and ultra gems in Burbank.

Bought a mini colony of orange oxides lolol, was $80 a good deal? Iono...

the yellow gorg i bought the other day...not sure if it's nps or ps...

waiting for the right rock work....hopefully CFM will have some nice zoa/paly colony rocks for me...but for now, I have nothing but a minimalist tank...lmfao

39703313160_f6d8c2bbd1_z.jpg

• Wow 1
46 minutes ago, benjho said:

I went to some lfs in LAX, Redondo beach, and ultra gems in Burbank.

Bought a mini colony of orange oxides lolol, was $80 a good deal? Iono...

41470558922_23b6d14d24_b.jpg41470559192_cce09ef4d5_b.jpg

the yellow gorg i bought the other day...not sure if it's nps or ps...

39703313160_f6d8c2bbd1_b.jpg

waiting for the right rock work....hopefully CFM will have some nice zoa/paly colony rocks for me...but for now, I have nothing but a minimalist tank...lmfao

40799172904_fcf9c1a90c_b.jpg

That's a pretty freaking nice gorg. I hope it's photosynthetic.

And *gasp*, you actually traveled beyond your home range and went store hopping. How were they? I've been to Ultragem but never to the one in LAX or Redondo Beach.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Red_Blenny said:

That's a pretty freaking nice gorg. I hope it's photosynthetic.

And *gasp*, you actually traveled beyond your home range and went store hopping. How were they? I've been to Ultragem but never to the one in LAX or Redondo Beach.

It was not worth the drive.....calikid corals still has the best stuff locally lol.

only California aq has some decent stuff, ultragems is eh lol, I went to Bob's today too lolol, eh.

Now I'm just gonna wait for CFM...and go to calikid in 2 weeks.

I'm gonna buy some more zoas/palys at cfm for sure haha, and hopefully a black storm clown or some gorgs I don't know yet...

Anything that I'll like ahah.

1 minute ago, benjho said:

It was not worth the drive.....calikid corals still has the best stuff locally lol.

only California aq has some decent stuff, ultragems is eh lol, I went to Bob's today too lolol, eh.

Now I'm just gonna wait for CFM...and go to calikid in 2 weeks.

I'm gonna buy some more zoas/palys at cfm for sure haha, and hopefully a black storm clown or some gorgs I don't know yet...

Anything that I'll like ahah.

Check out 2 Guy Corals since you've been to Amazing Reefs & Aquarium. 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Red_Blenny said:

I already did, they didn't rly have anything either...lol. Amazing reefs & aq is ok too.

So far calikids is the best and California aq is better than all the other 11 lfs I went lol.

I wanna get a mini colony of rastas, red hornets, blue hornets, etc. mannn

CFM!! 3 weeks....

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Red_Blenny said:

Let me know how it goes at calikid lol. If u can go on the weekend we can meet up there. How far r u from Whittier again?

33 minutes ago, benjho said:

Let me know how it goes at calikid lol. If u can go on the weekend we can meet up there. How far r u from Whittier again?

Like a 30-40min drive. I'm saving up $$ for CFM right now lol,

1 hour ago, Red_Blenny said:

Like a 30-40min drive. I'm saving up $$ for CFM right now lol,

Lol still bro u can just look at calikids stuff, so far I haven’t bought anything there yet lol. But it’s worth the trip.

On 4/16/2018 at 12:10 AM, Red_Blenny said:

Fluorescence-Xenia.jpg

Pure sex right there! 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, benjho said:

Lol still bro u can just look at calikids stuff, so far I haven’t bought anything there yet lol. But it’s worth the trip.

All in due time dude. I'll eventually check that place out.

• Like 1
On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:53 PM, Red_Blenny said:

All in due time dude. I'll eventually check that place out.

I got good news!! I finally found a live rock with collector zoas/palys on it!! I'm going to pick it up this Friday cus it's cash only...$400......I know it's a lot of money but I been wanting something like this for a long time lol.

sneak peek! this will be in my tank this coming Friday hehe

There's candy apple reds, blue hornets, rastas, green big palys, and 3 other unnamed zoas on there. I have no idea what the green big palys and the orange palys are called. Do you know?