Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

IIX|EVO13.5

Illuiix

Using stock lights and filter, cheato algae for the back left and middle chamber, & 2 innovative marine refugium light.

I'll be using my iPhone x for shots so it may not look so good, sry sons.

Ok here's an update on my tank!

28211854437_1ed73c7aba_z.jpg   42361970764_2720442746_z.jpg

Old Shots

41726575072_4f52f61dc1_z.jpg   42025230652_329142e222_z.jpg

• Like 1

I have had that tank for about 1 year and I love the display aspect of it. Stock lights are fine so far but I upgraded the return pump to a Lifegard Quiet One 800 and it make sfor better flow across the tank. I tried Fluval ps2 skimmer and it did not work, switched to Aquatic Life 115 skimmer and it did not work. So now I do a 10% water change weekly and I put aaa Chaeto reactor in chamber 2 also with a Lifegard 800 pump. I added a hydor water pump for circulation at the opposite side of the tank (425 gph). Put an intank basket in chamber 1 with chemi pure> Water is holding staedy within recomended ranges for about 3 months.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, StevieGF said:

I tried Fluval ps2 skimmer and it did not work, switched to Aquatic Life 115 skimmer and it did not work. 

Jus curious, how did it not work? Thanks man, and yea I'm super excited for this weekend haha.

7 minutes ago, Small Shaq said:

Where will you get the bounce mushroom? They are super expensive and rare lol

I used to have 1. There's a few lfs carrying 1 or 2. I want 1 with green orange and yellow bubbles not like my previous ones.

IMG_8779

Congrats.... I love me evo.  Like your plans, I’ve kept stock lighting and am trying to have a simple and patient tank. 

I do do highly recommend getting an Intank or making one yourself in replace of the sponge basket that comes stock.  

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, josh0013 said:

Congrats.... I love me evo.  Like your plans, I’ve kept stock lighting and am trying to have a simple and patient tank. 

I do do highly recommend getting an Intank or making one yourself in replace of the sponge basket that comes stock.  

Thanks man, yeah I will figure something out for the back filtration. Either go with cheato and white filter floss or something. Are u using the skimmer?

This will be a patient tank too haha.

10 minutes ago, Illuiix said:

Thanks man, yeah I will figure something out for the back filtration. Either go with cheato and white filter floss or something. Are u using the skimmer?

This will be a patient tank too haha.

No skimmer... I have a heater in the first chamber, and intank basket in middle chamber with filter pad and chemipure nano, return pump in third chamber.  I have a 5 gallon bucket so I usually do at least a 4 gallon water change weekly... no need for skimmer imo with almost 30% wc.

Doing my best to keep it clean looking without wires and equipment all around.  

Plugging up the whole hole that is in the back middle chamber makes a huge difference for return flow.  I’m putting my ato together at the moment and will still be able to keep it hidden without removing top cover.  

My tank is next to a window on third floor setting at 78 degrees with no fluctuation and I barely top off 8 ounces every two days.  Perhaps I’ll get an AI prime in the future but I can see this light allowing for all I need.  It’s just annoying to turn on and off and not being able to separate blues with whites with a timer. 

• Like 2

If you change stock pump, the popular pump seems to be the sicce 1.0 as far as fitting in the chamber.  I have a p2 Wavemaker so I’ll stick with stock pump for now.

• Like 3
12 hours ago, josh0013 said:

I see, I’m too lazy to do weekly water changes. Plan is to do 15% monthly wc since I will have little bioload. I’ll stick wit stock pump, skimmer Nd light see how it goes. Thanks fr sharing.

If I’m lucky enough to get my small soft frags to grow over the two pieces of base rock in my Evo V, and run out of room, my plan is to upgrade the XII to include lps. Color me jealous!

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, xthunt said:

If I’m lucky enough to get my small soft frags to grow over the two pieces of base rock in my Evo V, and run out of room, my plan is to upgrade the XII to include lps. Color me jealous!

An upgrade is an upgrade! :D

1 hour ago, benjho said:

wheres ur tank at loololl

Still at home (in LA).

My reef tank is in the backseat right now because I work in the Mojave desert now lol. I occasionally look at reef forums though.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Red_Blenny said:

Still at home (in LA).

My reef tank is in the backseat right now because I work in the Mojave desert now lol. I occasionally look at reef forums though.

I see. So its not running right?

3 minutes ago, benjho said:

I see. So its not running right?

Still running, just letting things grow (or die out :wacko:). I've been on the hunt for a long tentacle toadstool (or those Pink Neptha) corals. 

Oddly enough, my acans are doing the best right now.

• Like 1

Just now, Red_Blenny said:

Still running, just letting things grow (or die out :wacko:). I've been on the hunt for a long tentacle toadstool (or those Pink Neptha) corals. 

Oddly enough, my acans are doing the best right now.

lol I see. Who's maintaining it? And how come u don't update ur thread with new pics? :closedeyes:

32 minutes ago, benjho said:

lol I see. Who's maintaining it? And how come u don't update ur thread with new pics? :closedeyes:

Girlfriend. I do come back home once in awhile. 

Don't update too much because I rarely have access to internet (or cell service lol). Plus, rarely take pics of the tank cause it just comes out extremely blue. I do have a picture of a coral I posted on instagram like a month ago so I could use that as a long thread revive :closedeyes:

I'm planning on getting a bigger tank though (basically a bigger version of the Fluval Evo 13.5, but in a 30-40gal version).

• Like 1
Just now, Red_Blenny said:

Girlfriend. I do come back home once in awhile. 

I see. Are you gonna try to go reefapalooza this yr?? I can't wait to go ahhahaha That's rly the only thing I look forward to nowadays lol.

1 minute ago, benjho said:

Ohhh shitt thanks for letting me know ahah. I will go to cfm too then ahah see u there? ;)

Yea man, hopefully I'll be there. I'm just going for softies/acans. 

• Like 1