SaltCritters.com

SPS/ACRO Growout Contest, REBOOT!

Nola Bear

8 hours ago, markalot said:

I don't want to risk adding acro pests to my tank, otherwise I'd love too.  Sorry. :( 

I don’t understand- you don’t even trust removing the coral from the plug and using a strong dip like bayer? So you just never add corals anymore? 

10 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

Can we add a few more corals to our orders from their site, making efficient use of the shipping and their sexy SPS inventory? ?

I’m certain that this shouldn’t be a problem;)

8 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

I second this motion

plus holly @Cultivated Reef should announce when all the coral shipped and contest begin date so everyone has a chance to “acclimate” the coral under its new lighting.

Definitely! I think we are probably two weeks out from anyone’s start date, and Holly needs one week of that to cut, plug and heal. 

The contest begins the day you receive your coral and ends 6 months later. Because of life and shipping, most people will have different shipping dates; therefore, most people will have different end dates too. 

However, I think there should be a consensus that everyone in the contest will have to order their coral within one months time so that the contest stays somewhat organized with beginning and ending. Agree or disagree? I’m open to any and all suggestions:)

10 hours ago, RIP Sebastian said:

Thanks for thinking of me, Nola, I'm touched. However, $75 is a little too much for a student like me. I'll absolutely be following along, though!

Thanks again!

Same here unfortunately, I would 100000% participate if I was local to Cultivated Reef! Microlades looks beautiful, and that’s a nice price on it too. Shipping sucks 

Cultivated Reef
On 2/12/2018 at 8:52 PM, HarryPotter said:

Can participants add more corals to their orders from the site, making efficient use of the shipping cost and their sexy SPS inventory? ?

edit: not me, I mean people here in general ?

Hey all!  That is a great idea.  If anyone wants to add other items to there order they certainly can do so.  We will hash out all the details shortly :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Nola Bear said:

We need more folks to join...:flower:

Is this actually happening contingent upon more people joining or is this just a plea for increased participation?

I may be interested, never participated in a grow out before, but looks like loads of fun..  Quick question @Cultivated Reef   Your website has free shipping for orders over 99 dollars.  If i were to order some other frag for say 75 dollars plus the 25 dollars for this microlades frag for the grow out contest, would i qualify for free shipping thus saving me 40 dollars?

Cultivated Reef

The $75 acro grow out price is heavily discount price. It includes a significantly discounted acro, the $10 winners pot, and shipping.   It should be viewed as a unique separate purchase not directly associated with the normal Culitvated Reef offers etc.  You will be able to add other coral and not pay additional shipping if you choose to once this all takes place, including any that are on sale.  So as much as I do not like saying no to possible customers I’m going to have to do it this time. 

• Like 3

Just wanted to give a heads up so everyone knows, Cultivated Reef, Christopher Marks and I are just finalizing the contest details and will have a formal thread for the contest and should be set to start March 1  Then everyone will be able to purchase and have their frag delivered within that month of March!  Get excited!omgomgomg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looking forward to this, get to test my acro growth skills, which are not much lol, actually using this as a motivation to learn more about sps care and now I can compare to others that will have a relatively same situation as me, so if their acro is doing better then me I can see what I’m missing ?

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...