Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

uchiha's Via Aqua 18g

Sushi

Originally posted by uchiha

some of my slow growing "golden" zoo's

slow growing my @$$ :o ! those things took off. you've got more than me now. half of my what i fragged died off. yours are doing great. i was about to ask you for a frag but i've got a few polyps holding on. glad to see they're doing good.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by MarLooney

slow growing my @$$ :o !  those things took off.  you've got more than me now.

lol, thanks marlo... i just remembered, you were right, when i first bought them i only had like 7 or 8 polyps...now there's gotta be around 15 or more... :)

cyber, tank never gets higher than 80 degrees. i have a fan blowign across the hood so temps don't get too high :)

cube's empty, except for a six-line wrass & a firefish.

there are a couple stray zoanthid polyps here and there, and of course, i still have the GSP still stuck on the back wall. sooner or later i will sell the nano-cube.

Your clam is freakin awesome! Just askin cuz I have similar lights and wanted to keep my clam on the substrate instead of on the rocks.

Where did you get your clam from if you dont mind me askin?

bought the clam from a local store close to where i live in walnut.

The LFS's name is called "Rare Fish"

19162 La Puente Rd.

West Covina Ca, 91792

they keep clams under PCs, which probably isn't the best idea but they do well in their tanks. the LFS owner usually gets clams in once a month, usually crocea and derasas. all clams are in the $40 range.

I'm picky about the frags that i add... BUT if/when i do find colorful & small nano-sized SPS frags, i'm going to be adding more. i'm a fan of digi's and branching montipora... but recently, it's been so hard to find nice colors!

im just gona keep adding zoo's until i get sick of them...muhahaha

nice gorgonians. got any tips on getting them to extend their polyps? so far mine has only opened up on the top half, and only at certain times during the day :| i guess i just need to give it some time. nice tank!

nice marlo, let me know if christine is willing let me have that piece :)

i'll PM u on sdreefs.

VicSkimmr: my yellow gorg extends most of their polyps during feeding time, but recently it's been somewhat unaccomodating. i don't think my red gorg is doing as well as the yellow one, very few polyps open on the red. i still spot feed them as well as i can whenever the polyps are open... for some reason i try to give them a good amount of flow, but they still get this waxy gunk growing on top of them.

here are some of "macro" shots of some corals in my tank.

i'm still learning how to take them so they kinda suck right now... i'd appreciate any tips! :)

here's a cool looking blue shroom

Very nice. I like your setup. The clam seems to be doing very well under those lights. Could the problems with the gorgonians be that they aren't supposed to have too intense of lighting? Anyways, nice tank.

it could very well have something to do with my lighting. it seems to extrend it's polyps a lot more when the lights are off, but i'm definitely not going to downgrade my lights just because of some gorgonian. it might head over to my nano with PC lights though.

Uchiha,

How do you like that Hydor FLO? I've been thinking of getting a couple of them for my 10gl. Do they do a good job? How high do you have your MJ 606's?

Thanks and great looking tank!

-Asin

thanks for all the comments :)

Asin, i have my flow set to the highest on my minijet 606. from experience, the flow director kills a lot of the flow, so it's best to have it at the highest setting in order to maximize the "rotating current"

i used to have the flow director on my maxijet 1200, but it put out TOO much flow (kicking up sand on every rotation), so i figure why not try it on the minijet... it puts out "just enough flow" so that i can see things get mixed up, and have no sand being kicked around :)

as for the gorg's... my yellow gorg is extended for a good part of the day, extending most of the polyps (about 80% of polyps) during the early morning before the lights come on. the red gorg is a lot more picky. i rarely see more than 10% of polyps on that.

i guess it might be the lighting, but i'm not sure if that has a direct impact, i'm going to need to find some places to hide these guys under the shade or something.

Hey man,

Where did you get that TIGHT blue shroom?! I always look all around for that, but can never find it (usually cuz they sell out quickly)...

Some folks say they ain't rare at all, but i've seen more UFO sighting than an available blue shroom...:P

Archived