Top Shelf Aquatics

uchiha's Via Aqua 18g

Sushi

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks...

i think it's a bit cluttered :( so some things might have to go which are taking up valuable real-estate in my tank. i can't wait for the SPS to grow out, once those frags grow out i'm gona be 1 happy reefer :)

new fishy... barnacle blenny (couldn't resist after seeing a pack of these lil guys darting around at the LFS).

whould've thought they were so expensive!! $20 bucks a pop... :(

anyways, here it is being playful and finding different "nooks" and "crannies" to check out.

1g3yc9

hehe, i've always wanted to try one when i first started a reef, but never seen them for sale... (or i haven't been paying too much attention)

but i noticed a tank full of BB's @ the LFS and i figured it's time to try one out :) they're so ugly, but fun to watch :P

uchiha; i have a question- you were using the PC actinic b/f and swapped it out for t-5 actinics; did you notice any difference in the color output? any change in the flourescence of your corals- thanks!

pinchy, to answer yoru question...

i was using 1x36w actinic 03 before swapping to the T5's. main reason why i wanted to switch was b/c the 36w PC ballast was crap, it kept dying and flickering so i found it time to replace it. the two 10w T5's put out ALMOST the same amount of light that one 36w PC would. keep in mind that this is 20w compared to 36w... here's a picture for comparison

attachment.php?s=&postid=419102

this is thru the camera's eyes, there is a little difference between the two, but considering the effect on corals, i think both had roughly the same effect, i would assume similar wattage (40w T5 compared to 36w PC) of T5's compared to PC, the T5's would have my vote of being the BRIGHTER one. hope that helps

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, nice tank! I spent that past half hour skimming through your thread. As you can see from my signature, I have the same tank as you. I didn't have the guts to retrofit the stock hood with 150W MH, so I got a pendant instead. It's cool that you did the retrofit, and it seems to work well for you. I don't have as beautiful of a reef, but someday I hope to make mine as half as nice as yours is. Keep up the awesome work!

• 1 month later...

Archived