Pod Your Reef

Cloudy water, need help

LiamFalconer

I have a 32 gal biocube, added rock first then thoroughly rinsed carib-sea aragonite(ran clear), then added totally mixed clear water and it it now really cloudy. i added the water onto a plate, and am now running 6oz of carbon. any suggestions as to what to do to clear it up (filter is currently running)?

• Like 1

If you are using the filter cartridge, make sure it is seated properly.  I had a gap that allowed water to pass and not run through the cartridge.  If you have jsut using filter floss, make sure that is all covered.  

How old is the tank meaning when did you add water, rock and sand?

15 minutes ago, LiamFalconer said:

I have a 32 gal biocube, added rock first then thoroughly rinsed carib-sea aragonite(ran clear), then added totally mixed clear water and it it now really cloudy. i added the water onto a plate, and am now running 6oz of carbon. any suggestions as to what to do to clear it up (filter is currently running)?

It will clear up, just let the filter work. 

2 hours ago, Five.five-six said:

It will clear up onece little things that eat the clouds start growing.... which has probably already happened by the time you read this post.

amirite?

you are

• Like 1