Innovative Marine Aquariums

CrazyEyes's little box of water (20g fusion upgrade)

CrazyEyes

Nothing, I'm just way to busy working 55-60 hrs a week along with getting some custom fishing rods done for Christmas to build a light, I figured this way I can just go get it and put it over the tank. 

7 hours ago, CrazyEyes said:

I'm actually just gonna  get an ai prime, I'll be picking up this weekend. 

I was thinking of getting two primes for the 30L when I get some extra cash

• 2 weeks later...

The clam seems to be doing well, I tried to move it so it facing straight up but it's already stuck itself to the rock, reacts quick when you move your hand over it , fully opens so I'm guessing it's doing well. Also ordered the ato today, a current usa eflux and one of those wifi power strips, everything will be here on Friday so I'll have some work to do on Saturday. 

1 hour ago, CrazyEyes said:

The clam seems to be doing well, I tried to move it so it facing straight up but it's already stuck itself to the rock, reacts quick when you move your hand over it , fully opens so I'm guessing it's doing well. Also ordered the ato today, a current usa eflux and one of those wifi power strips, everything will be here on Friday so I'll have some work to do on Saturday. 

Thats good to hear! I've always wanted a clam, just never had the lighting to support one. Those wifi power strips are really nice, so much easier than always fooling with plugs.

Did you ever get the random flow Nozzle? Really considering ordering one along with a sicce 1.0. I don't feel like I have enough water flowing through my chemipure and purigen. 

CinnamonTorch
4 hours ago, CrazyEyes said:

Did you ever fix your micro bubble problem/glitter problem????

i myself am having a HUGE MICRO BUBBLE PROBLEM and i dont know what the f**k it is! I dont have a skimmer. Im convinced its the tubing of my return pump. As well as the chamber 3 dead zone (i feel like it sucks up all the detritus  build up in my tank and spits it out through to the main display).

i will try to get some new tubing tomorrow. Please let me know what you did to solve your problem. Thanks

IMO let yr tank mature for at least 8 months before adding Acropora, healthy growing sponges seem to be a gd sign that yr water ? is stable / right bacteria/ magic for growing acropora without much hassle.    I found it a struggle when I first started, but after eight months I put them in and no issues .  

• Like 1

Got some goodies in the mail. Installed the smart ato micro, current eflux 660 and the wifi power strip thanks @VaporCountry. Picked up a fuzzy green milli which I've dubbed the Oscar the grouch milli. And that clam is so sexy. Did a pretty big water change yesterday, including siphoning on the back chambers and blowing off the rocks. Few pics I just took, hope y'all enjoy.   received_10156012382556532.jpg
share pics online.   received_10156012382726532.jpg
share pics online.  received_10156012382531532.jpg
share pics online.  received_10156011506791532.jpg
share pics online

• Like 2

No I think you're right. Doesn't seem fuzzy enough to be a milli, it blows my mind how many different of species of just acropora there are. 

First off, Jesus Christ it is way too cold in Florida right now. Secondly, I finally got a new phone so I can take pics without having to borrow my gf's iPhone, took some pics. Just wanted to show the clam a little and also some acans I picked up a couple weeks ago.   IMG_20180103_214922_745.jpg             20180103_214111.jpg

Picked up a couple more acro frags, because the LFS was having a bogo deal on frags so hey, why not. This first one is definitely a mille, second one I'm not sure of, but its teal and awesome.  20180105_214143.jpg  20180105_214214.jpg

• Like 1
MortalWombat
On 12/25/2017 at 9:55 PM, CrazyEyes said:

Custom fishing rods? Do tell more. Fly or conventional? 

I've built a couple fly rods. Most of the rods I build though are for bigger saltwater fish i.e sharks, tarpon, grouper, snook etc. But I've also built light rods for like blue gill etc. 

• Like 1

What store do you shop at ? The blue could be a Tenuis I have amways had troubles with blue acro's,only under halides could I keep them blue for a few months then they would brown and turn green. 

I need to get a reel seat nut for my fly set up,mine broke because jts cheap ass plastic so electrical tape it is lol...

I finally cleaned the glass today after doing a water change, and was looking around at the different acro frags in the tank, and I noticed a couple I've had in for a few weeks are starting to encrust on the rocks, now I know it's still a long way to go with acros but its definitely a good sign. 

Hell yeah dude,that is awesome. Definitely a good sign. I have had acro encrust over the fresh cut glue within a week,idk what I ever did right but man it was crazy. 

All I can go now is algae,yay B)