Innovative Marine Aquariums

120L DIY Scalion's tank

Scalion

Another update

GSP did open, i later on proceed to cut some of it and glue on some small rock.

Anemones looking better everyday, i will try to isolate them on one rock for now.

I have new Coral, Leather, Zoanthids and mushroom, i'm not planning buying anything else for long time, except Acan or Hammer.

The leather was bend like a U shape, it's getting straight with time, i love it. One of the Zoa didn't open right away and i was expecting this, the guy had to cut the rock hard. It stress them a lot so i think they will take more time before they open again, they need to heal i think.

Still playing with my pump, see what is the best way to put it, trying to hide it more.

I will eventually frag/cut/glue my coral into main rock, i did it with the Clove polyp.

Update : The tank mature

So after 1 month i thought it was a good time to update.

Bad :

- Lost the 2 big ninja snail, i never thrust them from day 1, i think it was a too big of a shoke from dirty mature aquarium to new clean one.

- Cyanobacteria appear on sand, it's not the end of the world but i wish i had something natural to get rid of it. I don't think i want to put back the pump back on bottom, it visualy take too much space.

LjTJWeLl.jpg

- Flatworm !!! I notice 1 during the day and 2 week later, bang theirs probably 30 of them.

dQR1hUml.jpg

q7wFs3Il.jpg

Good :

I decide to go with a Damsel Springer has natural predator :

i8N4agxl.jpg

He's been in the tank since 2 day, a bit shy but he look superbe !

I also bought 3 Sexy Shrimp, couldn't take photo at the time.

Some new Coral :

Red Acan

OxkYLtcl.jpg

Green Birdsness

ok03Oyvl.jpg

Red Montipora

vlk1WHvl.jpg

Brain maze

Gf6Cndjl.jpg

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Little photo for update + bonus my 2 others aquarium.

Much happen between the last update.

trying to sell some Anemone, have too much, lost my favorit coral (maze) due to purigen when i renew i didn't use seachem prime to remove chlore.

Some coral lost a shit ton of color, trying to get it back, not sure what happen specialy with the GSP, it lost all it's green in 2 days, it's now brown.

Some coral might move also and maybe later will try to get other light to fill some shadow.

0skxF6Vl.jpg
e5YEioBl.jpg

SyShjril.jpg