Innovative Marine Aquariums

150L of overthinking

Moorahs

• 1 month later...

Oh wow it’s been forever since I posted.

I’ve had the most stressful busy work month I’ve ever had, and the tank got a little neglected as a result. Huge water change and really thorough clean today, thankfully everything’s looking ok. Bar the hammer on the very RHS - it started receding. It’s in a terrible spot but I can’t change it without disturbing the entire scape. 

3FA0031F-A78C-4ADC-908D-C9DFFC2C050C.jpeg

• Like 2
Coralwhileyacan
On 10/23/2017 at 3:09 AM, Moorahs said:

So I may have tripped and accidentally fallen into a LFS that had a buy 2 get the 3rd free coral sale this weekend.

I may also need to retract anything I said about not wanting a torch coral. That went out the window when I saw my first gold one in person...

B7FF986E-5A30-4C49-8F38-634FD53171C4.jpeg

So I'm very new here! But I'm very interested and passionate about Coral. I think your tank is lovely. Wondering is there pretty much just a one time investment required for the most part or is the upkeep super expensive?

On 29/01/2018 at 5:36 PM, samnaz said:

You can’t get in there with a pair of bone cutters on pop it off?

I wish!! Poor hammers were one of the first victims of my inexperienced, heavy handed aquascaping last year. There’s more epoxy than skeleton, and it’s both hammers and 2 pieces of live rock all cemented together... It was awesome in the old tank but the placement got a little lost in translation when we moved into the bigger digs :( ... lesson learned...

On 29/01/2018 at 6:31 PM, Coralwhileyacan said:

So I'm very new here! But I'm very interested and passionate about Coral. I think your tank is lovely. Wondering is there pretty much just a one time investment required for the most part or is the upkeep super expensive?

Thank you :) 

I try my hardest not to think about the cost!!! (Note this is *much* easier to do if you shop online cause it doesn’t fee like real spending). My only real ongoing cost - since I collect my own natural sea water - is dosing and chemical filtration, neither of which is super expensive specially if you buy in bulk. The dearest bit is the addiction to buying coral ? and thankfully I’m pretty much out of real estate.... 

19 hours ago, banshee said:

I've been dying to find a gold torch. If you see another one in your LFS I would reward you handsomely if you shipped it to me! :)

Handsomely enough to cover how much trouble I’d get in off Customs? :lol:

On 03/02/2018 at 1:24 AM, Cannedfish said:

Tank is looking really awesome. I wish my neglect looked half  that good. 

Yeah well, I wish my neglect narrative was half as good as yours :lol:

• Like 1