SaltCritters.com

New 3.7 Fish Only Pico up and running

Jholm007

fishfreak0114
45 minutes ago, Jholm007 said:

Is aiptasia bad?

Yes, thy can multiply quickly and sting coral.

I agree with schgr.cube's concerns about the actual tank size for the scooter. That would be like someone saying you have to live in your bedroom for the rest of your life. It's cramped and boring.  The only things I would really consider for 5g are small gobies/blennies. 

The feathery macro is likely a type of caulerpa, probably mexicana.  Even a separate fuge like that will be hard to raise enough pods for a dragonet, and they do get rather large for a pico.

• Like 2

Maybe I will relocate him to the 29g.  I really like him and there is 22 lbs of LR for him to hunt on.  So maybe a clown goby in the pico?

5 hours ago, Jholm007 said:

Maybe I will relocate him to the 29g.  I really like him and there is 22 lbs of LR for him to hunt on.  So maybe a clown goby in the pico?

A clown goby will be a better choice for the pico. :) The 29 may still not produce enough pods to support the scooter blenny but it's definitely a better choice for that and for the scooter's eventual size.

• Like 1

For the pico I'd stick to smaller gobies and blennies, ora cleaner gobies are nice as they're hardy, easy to get eating, colorful, and always in sight.