Pod Your Reef

100 days of summer- 100 Days of Nanos Contest Tank

mrmikekim

I had a few plans for this tank, and being short a leg was definitely not one of them...but almost everything survived and the tank is doing well.

I tore my achilles from bouldering the night before Reefapalooza and against my better judgment, I went anyway.  So if you're wondering who I am, I was that one guy on crutches at RAP.  I came home with a cooler full of corals and one really swollen foot.  Unfortunately the plate didn't survive but everything else is showing some growth!

I wish I could've kept up with the updates and photos of the progression but unfortunately I lost focus after the surgery and crawling back and forth from work.  The zoas have almost doubled in numbers and the blastos sprouting out new polyps here and there.  The clowns and the shrimp seem to always be hungry and I think the shrimp has molted at least 4 times since I brought him home and has pretty much taken over the tank.

Enough of the whining and the talking, here's some final photos to close out the contest(sorry for the quality I rudely woke the tank up in the middle of the night to take a new snaps and some polyps decided they did not want to come out):

the fishes and the shrimp in the beginning:

IMG_2400

IMG_2398

IMG_2397

IMG_2406

IMG_2428

IMG_2437

IMG_2444

IMG_2474

IMG_2497

IMG_2499

what the tank looks like now:

IMG_2749

IMG_2750

IMG_2756

IMG_2788

IMG_2789

IMG_2795

IMG_2732

IMG_2798

Special thanks to the roommate and girlfriend, both of which I forced into the hobby and are invested just as much in the tank, for helping me out with the maintenance and feedings and thank you @metrokat for including me in the final moments of the contest!

This tank will continue to run, but I think it'll have to wait until I learn how to walk again for real upgrades.

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, metrokat said:

@mrmikekim Hey Mike, thanks for the update and the new FTS. Could you please post the livestock total also?

@Christopher Marks

Clownfish pair: $30

Skunk Shrimp: $30

CUC: $10

Blastos: $143

Zoas: $150

Fungia: $55

Hammer: $20

Ricordea: $40

Acan: $10

Total: $488

• Like 1
On 8/22/2017 at 1:57 PM, Lula_Mae said:

Those clowns are beautiful! Tank looks good for being down a leg, hope your recovery goes smoothly!

Thanks!  They were locally bred and I'm really grateful that they've been so healthy during the contest.

• Like 2