Top Shelf Aquatics

Why does everything take so long?

KyleAwesome

Marine Depot
4 hours ago, micoastreefing said:

They did say that the Memorial Day sale's "free gift" I chose was out of stock, that could have caused the initial delay. They could have given me a raincheck or something else. (or email to let me know that the item was out of stock?)  I wouldn't have known this was the issue if I didn't get on chat with them.

Got on chat with @Marine Depot again today, and they said that my order was "updated a little past the shipping cut off for 6/1 and is finishing processing today"..... So no, they didn't finish my order processing? 

For context, yesterday, I chat with them well before noon EDT....I know this, because I thought, "damn, maybe they won't answer my chat, it's before 9 am in CA". Apparently, that was too late for the day's shipping time.  And well, sh*t, I just chatted with them after Noon today, probably gonna miss the shipping cut off time again. 

If your business is about trying to process and ship things out ASAP (aka same day where possible), one would think before noon wouldn't constitute the shipping cut off point even if one would consider my order coming out of their east coast warehouse.  

Just replied to your PM. Let us know if you have any further questions!

• Like 1

I've always been really happy with Marine Depot - both the service and delivery. In today's Amazon prime world, I think we get spoiled by 48 hour delivery. 

I've ordered everything from lightbulbs to tanks and have never had a problem with packing - I've always thought they did a superb job packing.

• Like 2
mitten_reef
2 hours ago, stellablue said:

I've always been really happy with Marine Depot - both the service and delivery. In today's Amazon prime world, I think we get spoiled by 48 hour delivery. 

I've ordered everything from lightbulbs to tanks and have never had a problem with packing - I've always thought they did a superb job packing.

I, too, have had very pleasant experience in the past with MD. The majority of supplies and equipment I have are from MD. 

My concern here was not revolved around the shipping time, but rather the processing time. In the past, you get a shipping notification within a day or two of getting your order confirmation, but there still hasn't been any progress/update on my 'order history' yet, let alone any email updates. 

I was initially curious if others were noticing any delay in any progress/processing of their orders.

I'm willing to admit that having two not-so-good follow-ups interactions with service reps really got me ranting about the whole issue, probably making it bigger issue than it really was 'in my head' and spilled out on my previous post. 

3 hours ago, Marine Depot said:

Just replied to your PM. Let us know if you have any further questions!

Thank you for the additional response, much appreciated! 

• Like 2
  • Recommended Discussions