ReefCleaners.org

What other hobbies do you have?

flatlandreefer

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pics

Blurry Pics, sorry. Working on updating my website. I should have the old site linked in my profile - new site is same url, just not online to public yet.

20160826_140137.jpg

Watching airplanes when I am able to get to the airport. Train spotting as well, which is easier since freight tracks go right down the center of town and only 1 block from my apartment.

Used to travel a lot when it was affordable to do, but rare now.

You a foamer?

burtbollinger

Blurry Pics, sorry. Working on updating my website. I should have the old site linked in my profile - new site is same url, just not online to public yet.

20160826_140137.jpg

awesome.

I had to look that term up as I had no idea what you were talking about...lol Nah I don't get excited like that and I don't even leave my house, I listen and watch from my patio..I've just always like the sound of trains. When I was younger wanted to work for a railroad in some capacity but that never happened.

You a foamer?

I had to look that term up as I had no idea what you were talking about...lol Nah I don't get excited like that and I don't even leave my house, I listen and watch from my patio..I've just always like the sound of trains. When I was younger wanted to work for a railroad in some capacity but that never happened.

Haha just curious. No judgment. I used to LOVE planes. Always wanted to be an airline pilot. Interestingly enough, I'm a railroad conductor now ?

Wow! That's not a hobby that is an obsession! :-) Just kidding but who knew there were that many StarScreams out there

20160826_140137.jpg

Wow! That's not a hobby that is an obsession! :-) Just kidding but who knew there were that many Starfires out there

starSCREAM you heathen :P

Wow! That's not a hobby that is an obsession! :-) Just kidding but who knew there were that many StarScreams out there

One of my signatures on a different form reads "its more than an obsession, it's a lifestyle" Starscream (no uppercase in the middle.)

MedievalITGuy

Early renaissance sword fighting (mostly rapier and long-sword)

Shooting (I'm kind of surprised how many others have answered with this)

Reading

Video games

Hand-percussion

Music

Forging

Collecting hobbies

And recently: electronics. Mostly from a desire to build my own nano tank lights and controlles. Oh, and I want to try getting into haptics and RoV submersibles someday.

The only ones I'm any good at are sword fighting and collecting hobbies though.

Watching sports, playing basketball, kayaking, and fly fishing. Technology also consumes me, luckily I am a technology teacher at a local high school and I teach a night class at a local college. I also, when I was younger, was heavily involved in fireworks shows around my area during the summer, but now that I am married and have a house I don't have as much time as I did.

Backpacking mostly. I try to get out a few times a year to hike and camp. Tough being in the midwest though. Not the best hobby to have, considering I have to leave the tank for extended periods of time.

(09/2016)Teton Crest Trail, Grand Teton National Park.

DSC05595-1_1.jpg

for a second, i thought they were lightsabers

Drinking beer and eating Cheetos ;)

Now there is a hobby :lol:

Oh and besides work................look at my avatar ;) not hard to figure out................

Sleeping

Reefing

Nail art

Netflix

Reading

Things I like to do but haven't done much recently:

Photography

Hiking/camping

You.have an awesome spot to hike and camp in. Just did a little camping north of your on the river. Working on hiking the seven sisters right now in slo

ditto :)

its because we all have an obsession with expensive hobbies...

fire arms seam to be popular, i was able to go shooting this past weekend, broke out all my favorites, felt so good to shoot my 1911.

Going to the range tomorrow with mine for some birthday celebrations. My 1911 and PS90 are my favorites.

I had a bunch, but toddlers and work seem to have taken over my time in the past couple of years. Been a while since I've been to the gun range, driving range, or just out shooting photography of anything other than my kids.

fire arms seam to be popular, i was able to go shooting this past weekend, broke out all my favorites, felt so good to shoot my 1911.

Seems like a lot of outdoor activities are popular. Makes sense I suppose.

Still looking to pick up a 1911. Probably my next pickup unless it's a revolver.

Currently a 12ga 870 Express, P99c in 9mm, and S&W M&P15 with .223/5.56, 300 AAC Blackout, and 22lr uppers.

I started playing golf again two years ago after giving it up for over 15 years. Before I never played enough to get good at the game, and told myself I wasn't going to play again until I had both the time and money to commit. I have now progressed to a point where I (usually) don't embarrass myself out there, but there is still a long way to go. ;)

I have two other hobbies that never seem to get enough of my attention - FPV planes and reefing. Hoping to change that this year.

Archived