SaltCritters.com

What other hobbies do you have?

flatlandreefer

burtbollinger

Seems like a lot of outdoor activities are popular. Makes sense I suppose.

Still looking to pick up a 1911. Probably my next pickup unless it's a revolver.

Currently a 12ga 870 Express, P99c in 9mm, and S&W M&P15 with .223/5.56, 300 AAC Blackout, and 22lr uppers.

big 300blk fan here...probably my biggest other hobby at the moment, lots of reloading, uppers, suppressors...most fun I've had in years.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like to hunt, fish, shoot and tinker with stuff. Do they get to do any of that as often as I'd like.

Mostly I like to spend money I guess. :( I will hopefully be picking up an uberti El patron in .357 magnum some time soon.

Seems like a lot of outdoor activities are popular. Makes sense I suppose.

Still looking to pick up a 1911. Probably my next pickup unless it's a revolver.

Currently a 12ga 870 Express, P99c in 9mm, and S&W M&P15 with .223/5.56, 300 AAC Blackout, and 22lr uppers.

Ive got a Sig 1911 which I love. I had an Mp15 sport which I ended up selling and now have a Sport II. I know theres a lot of hate on kimber but totally may get a smaller kimber 1911 soonish.

big 300blk fan here...probably my biggest other hobby at the moment, lots of reloading, uppers, suppressors...most fun I've had in years.

Ive got a Sig 1911 which I love. I had an Mp15 sport which I ended up selling and now have a Sport II. I know theres a lot of hate on kimber but totally may get a smaller kimber 1911 soonish.

Been wanting a 300blk. I just got back into the hobby and so far my glock 20 is the most fun to shoot. Just purchased a p229 in .357 sig so we'll see how that is. Next purchase will probably be the scorpion 1911.

Tell you what before you drop the cash look for a 1911U made by Desert Eagle http://www.alloutdoor.com/2016/05/09/magnum-research-desert-eagle-1911u/ I have one and was going to get the Kimber.......the trigger on the DE is way nicer than the Kimber and also 200 less. It has become my everyday friend ;)

Been wanting a 300blk. I just got back into the hobby and so far my glock 20 is the most fun to shoot. Just purchased a p229 in .357 sig so we'll see how that is. Next purchase will probably be the scorpion 1911.

Liberty Leonidas ;) puts a grin on my face every time :lol:

100_4559_zpseqwd3nns.jpg

Motorcycling! This year past we finally got the last 5 states in our quest to have ridden our bikes from our house to all the lower 48 states. I like to keep a flower garden too.

Before the three kids arrived, I loved working on cars (civic with a swap and the current subbie with a swap). Now the only "hobby" I have is the aquarium.....?

Firearms seems to be a popular hobby here, better make sure I don't piss any of you off ?

Jeff

GunslingerGirl

I ride dressage (horses) and fish salt and fresh.

I wish my horse would take to dressage. He's too fragile to do hunter. Keeps spraining himself. Dumb hotheaded ex racer lol

I wish my horse would take to dressage. He's too fragile to do hunter. Keeps spraining himself. Dumb hotheaded ex racer lol

Any horse can do dressage. Some are just more naturally talented than others.

You should watch the youtube channel Art 2 Ride by Will Faerber. He is classically trained by Nuno Oliveira (one of the last great masters). His videos really break down classical dressage training for any horse, not just high doller imported warmbloods.

The belief of classical dressage is the root of the word "training". any horse can and should do it. It improves everything else the horse as does as well reduces their risk of injury in any sport since they move like they should and are conditioned properly.

Sorry for my soap box. I am very passionate about my sport and I think all horses and riders should have a classical dressage foundation. Its just so good for everyone involved and all future endeavors. lol

Anyways, Youtube Art 2 Ride. Great stuff and will help your horse. Will is great at making it easy for all horse people to understand. Maybe after a while you might be able to do hunter again. Sometimes its just from years of moving incorrectly that causes injury. Maybe he isn't fragile :)

GunslingerGirl

Any horse can do dressage. Some are just more naturally talented than others.

You should watch the youtube channel Art 2 Ride by Will Faerber. He is classically trained by Nuno Oliveira (one of the last great masters). His videos really break down classical dressage training for any horse, not just high doller imported warmbloods.

The belief of classical dressage is the root of the word "training". any horse can and should do it. It improves everything else the horse as does as well reduces their risk of injury in any sport since they move like they should and are conditioned properly.

Sorry for my soap box. I am very passionate about my sport and I think all horses and riders should have a classical dressage foundation. Its just so good for everyone involved and all future endeavors. lol

Anyways, Youtube Art 2 Ride. Great stuff and will help your horse. Will is great at making it easy for all horse people to understand. Maybe after a while you might be able to do hunter again. Sometimes its just from years of moving incorrectly that causes injury. Maybe he isn't fragile :)

Oh we spent 10years attempting dressage. He could be forced to do it, but you could tell he hated it. He warms up with the basic level 1 or 2 patterns but as soon as we get back to the regular ground work he instantly perks up.

No I really mean he is fragile lol I'm a vet student. I saved him from slaughter after a bad racing accident. We were in rehab for years to get him sound under saddle again. We were cleared for low bars...which he loves. But two feet was our impact max. He could probably go up but then we run the risk of another break or tear. However he jumps the fences to get to his "girlfriend" in the next pasture. Which usually ends up with a few weeks in wraps. I lease him to a girl who I have explained he is not to be out of sight lol

If I was better at it and he was healthy he would make a great barrel horse. He just loves to go fast.

I rode an Arab in dressage for years. I loved that.

I brew beer.

I have always wanted to try but its just way to easy to go and grab some craft beer at the store........I am just to impatient :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I seem to have landed all of the expensive hobbies. I scuba dive, fresh and saltwater fishing. Also huge into photography both on land and underwater. I also do some photo shoots for families and models.

Amen on expensive hobbies! I dive also, live in Texas so have to travel to do so. Really enjoy hiking and get to Oregon or Colorado when I can. Travel in general really. Spend a good deal of money on airfare....

Obsessed with plants, recently moved into a loft... have 20+ house plants because I can't garden outside.

Cooking. Love to cook. I get hyper focused when I cook and quickly turn into a kitchen nazi.

Recently was given a 14.5ft sail boat. So... guess we'll be learning to sail come spring.

I have all the expensive hobbies. I have a huge gun hobby, that went from simple stuff to expensive stuff, including a bunch of registered stuff, like short barreled rifles, suppressors, and a full auto.

Hunting can add up when you account for leasing fees and taking time off work. I love fishing salt water too, and the gear is way more expensive that freshwater. And golf...

Michael_Price

Lots and Lots of hours at work...

Binge watch TV shows and movies with the wife!

Out in town with friends doing random things, there is always something to do around here.

Paintball once or twice a month with some friends here in the Houston Area, Been considering entering tournaments, but damn its expensive. I could set up another tank for the same price and it would last longer then one month! :lol:

Use to race a little circuit car I built, at the local tracks. But that was (So far) the most expensive hobby I had. So I sold the car and got out of it (Married life!) maybe I'll get back into it someday, but for now I have more important things I'm after.

Occasionally go Camping. But not often enough.

Michael_Price, on 09 Feb 2017 - 09:44 AM, said:

Lots and Lots of hours at work...

Binge watch TV shows and movies with the wife!

Out in town with friends doing random things, there is always something to do around here.

Paintball once or twice a month with some friends here in the Houston Area, Been considering entering tournaments, but damn its expensive. I could set up another tank for the same price and it would last longer then one month! :lol:

Use to race a little circuit car I built, at the local tracks. But that was (So far) the most expensive hobby I had. So I sold the car and got out of it (Married life!) maybe I'll get back into it someday, but for now I have more important things I'm after.

Occasionally go Camping. But not often enough.

Hey you need to get in touch with our very own Dave Fason, owner of NanoBox Reef. He was reagarded as one of the finest paintballers in the country. Maybe he can give you some pointers??

Reminds me I have to rebuild my business site asap, but man am I dreading it.

Actually it wasn't so bad once I got down to it and relearned what the code did. I corrected some old problems and I feel very happy with the overall results. I am still tweeking, adding in CSS code, frustrating over other.

Archived