inTank Media Baskets

Still laughing. 

anyways. 
ordered the trident and some optical sensors. 
should be a fun time. 

2 hours ago, TheKleinReef said:

Absolutely loving where the nem decided to settle in! 

EE261304-BB72-4539-B42A-81EA3AA0108F.jpeg

😒

Bumperino to next page 

• TheKleinReef changed the title to Roger's WYO'd NUVO 75G - Bruh. Lol.

I think my Red Sea kits are expired. 
hanna measured 8.7-8.9 like 5 days in a row 

Red Sea measured 6.7, 6.8, and 7.0 Which seems odd since brightwell salt mixes to 7.5-7.7

also tested phosphate which was 0.06. Little high but a lot of the bubble algae is turning white so I’m not too concerned. 

i ordered the trident and some Hanna reagents. Should be here Tuesday or Wednesday. 

6 hours ago, Zuma said:

Great looking reef!

How is the potters angel with corals?  Always wanted one but not sure how they'll behave around LPS.

I never see it nip at the torches and hammers. It did nip at the wellso brain I had though 

17 hours ago, TheKleinReef said:

0.06 phosphate 

0.0 nitrate 

why is my tank like this. -_______o

This keeps happening to me too, the system will be chugging along at 20-30 N03 and like .1P04, then one week I'll test and it'll be 0, 0.

30 minutes ago, A.m.P said:

This keeps happening to me too, the system will be chugging along at 20-30 N03 and like .1P04, then one week I'll test and it'll be 0, 0.

I don’t wanna dose nitrate every again cause that can mess with alk but I wonder if straight up dosing ammonia could work. Kinda like when you manually dose it for a cycle?

21 hours ago, TheKleinReef said:

I don’t wanna dose nitrate every again cause that can mess with alk but I wonder if straight up dosing ammonia could work. Kinda like when you manually dose it for a cycle?

I do not know, I've heard of some older approach reefers dosing small amount of ammonia in macroalgae tanks or for phyto cultures, but I think that's actually fallen out of favor compared to proper nitrate and fertilizer =/

On 1/20/2023 at 8:15 PM, TheKleinReef said:

0.06 phosphate 

0.0 nitrate 

why is my tank like this. -_______o

22 hours ago, TheKleinReef said:

Feed more, whether it’s fish food or coral supplements.  How long has you started paying attention to the alk stability?  What if things are just about to take off and N&P uptakes went up?  Straight dosing to balance things is definitely not unheard of in a high coral density system, but in a restart like yours, I won’t go that route just yet. It seems like just another complication/headache to deal with

• Like 1
6 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

Feed more, whether it’s fish food or coral supplements.  How long has you started paying attention to the alk stability?  What if things are just about to take off and N&P uptakes went up?  Straight dosing to balance things is definitely not unheard of in a high coral density system, but in a restart like yours, I won’t go that route just yet. It seems like just another complication/headache to deal with

For 7 months I only had 3 LPS in the system and tbh I never tested alk or calcium. It wasn’t until last month that I started testing more reliably again. Ca alk and mag never budged and phosphate was always hard stuck 0.04-0.07 range. Nitrate is always 0 but I think that’s user error on the Hanna. I feel like unless I have a LOTTTTT of nitrates it zero. 

I feed the fish 3x per day and dose all the coral AAs/foods 1x per day. Reef roids/chili 3x per week. 

im also toying with my skimmer. Gonna try and tune it back. 

• Like 2

alk is slowly creeping. did an initial dose of 20mL (in 4x5mL doses over 2 days) to get it from 7.2 to 8.2 but since then it's still climbing .1 per day.

error on the trident is still .5 so i'm trying not to worry, but i'm failing. 0_o

apex123.jpg

• TheKleinReef changed the title to Roger's WYO'd NUVO 75G - ALK Adventures
8 minutes ago, TheKleinReef said:

my first coral ever was a neon green torch coral. it was $29.99

what in the actual fork?

https://worldwidecorals.com/collections/lps-frags/products/green-torch

the worst thing that happened to this hobby was people slapping stupid names on things.

Has to be a typo somewhere, right?  A torch as big as the pic, would not be a 3/4” frag.  Or the price is wrong for a basic torch like that

• Agree 1
17 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Has to be a typo somewhere, right?  A torch as big as the pic, would not be a 3/4” frag.  Or the price is wrong for a basic torch like that

i have no idea. but i wouldn't pay more than $150 for that.

fancy names killlllllled the approach ability of this hobby and i'll die on that hill.

• Agree 1

low key wanna swap my skimmer out for an external one and then convert the now skimmer chamber into a fuge..... so tempting, but all the external skimmers are massive and expensive.

also does anyone know if skimz is still around? i can'd find their stuff anywhere any more.

3 hours ago, TheKleinReef said:

low key wanna swap my skimmer out for an external one and then convert the now skimmer chamber into a fuge..... so tempting, but all the external skimmers are massive and expensive.

also does anyone know if skimz is still around? i can'd find their stuff anywhere any more.

I don't think so,nobody carries anything from them anymore. But overall I think thats a great idea.

From what I just read it sounds like Skimz owed BRS money and they ghosted them. That was from a 2020 post I just saw. 

9 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

I don't think so,nobody carries anything from them anymore. But overall I think thats a great idea.

From what I just read it sounds like Skimz owed BRS money and they ghosted them. That was from a 2020 post I just saw. 

i'm kinda low key upset that happened. BRS was the only reason i got this skimmer cause i saw it on their 160. kind of annoying i won't be able to replace anything on it easily. I really love the skimmer, but i can't find an external one anywhere.

do 100-120g external skimmers even exist? the RO ones on BRS are massive.

23 minutes ago, TheKleinReef said:

i'm kinda low key upset that happened. BRS was the only reason i got this skimmer cause i saw it on their 160. kind of annoying i won't be able to replace anything on it easily. I really love the skimmer, but i can't find an external one anywhere.

do 100-120g external skimmers even exist? the RO ones on BRS are massive.

is the 110ext too big? I've tried like 4 skimmers from different brands now and I settled on the cheapest one RO makes, it just works with no issues

• TheKleinReef changed the title to Roger's SPS 75G - NEW FTS PG 36