inTank Media Baskets

Drew's 9.1g Aquamaxx

drewgrano

Ahhh... leak! And in literally the last place I looked or would have thought to look. The actual canister itself. Literally a tiny tiny hole in the side of the actual canister of my canister filter (not a crack, a hole... it's weird). I've contacted Cobalt and asked for a replacement... we'll see what they say. Until then... no filter!

Finally got the filter figured out and everything is running again. Cobalt sent me a new canister. It was obviously a used one and fairly dirty, but they sent it for free so I'm not complaining.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Beautiful tank!  Love the way you've done the plumbing!

I just got an Aquamaxx 18.1 gal for my birthday with the same glass thickness as your's.  How hard was it to get the wholes drilled for your plumbing?  I'm thinking of installing an Eshopps bulkhead overflow to go to my sump.

• 2 months later...

Been a while.  Tanks still ticking right along.  July and August were pretty tough, still not quite sure what was wrong with it.  Things are finally coming around though (minus the algae issues I'm having).  Trying to think of something exciting to do for the pico container contest... we'll see.

IMG_20171015_193054.jpg

• Like 3

I'm running out of ideas on how to handle this algae.  Looks like bubble algae in that pic but it's just because I added some new sand so all the bubbles from that got caught in the algae.  It's just film algae I think.  Think I could try a tuxedo urchin?

• 1 month later...

<_< im losing this battle.  I think it's dinos.  But it's so green, I dunno.  Sand bed is coming out tonight.  If that doesn't work then I'm in trouble.  The rock is NOT going to come out easy...

IMG_20171116_084852.jpg

I would:

1- Suck up all the sand

2- Blow the rocks off REALLY good and wait about 30 minutes and let everything settle at the bottom of the tank

3- Scrub the crap out the rocks

4- Do a 100% wc

5- Peroxide on all the bare rock,rinse off  

6- Switch out the carbon,maybe add some gfo. 

7- Refill the tank. 

Maybe go lights out for a few days and see if that helps.

48 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

I would:

1- Suck up all the sand

2- Blow the rocks off REALLY good and wait about 30 minutes and let everything settle at the bottom of the tank

3- Scrub the crap out the rocks

4- Do a 100% wc

5- Peroxide on all the bare rock,rinse off  

6- Switch out the carbon,maybe add some gfo. 

7- Refill the tank. 

Maybe go lights out for a few days and see if that helps.

The problem is I plumbed it through the bottom of the tank and I glued the rock to the pipe.  lol In hindsight not the brightest thing to do (looked nice before this issue came up though!).  So I'm going to try removing the sandbed, blow the rocks off daily and remove as much daily as possible and see what happens after a month or so.  It's mostly on the sandbed so I'm hoping this works.  The coral doesn't seem to mind at least.

1 hour ago, DaveFason said:

This will help BIG time.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/bryopsis-cure-my-battle-with-bryopsis-using-fluconazole.285096/

I used this and the results are incredible. Also check your TDS in the your RO water. 

-Dave

It work on anything other than bryopsis?  This isn't bryopsis.  I think it's either dino's or possibly calothrix.  Doesn't look like there's any adverse effects to this stuff though so maybe its worth a shot anyways?

34 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

Either that or Vibrant which my lfs has had some great results with. 

I have some Vibrant, worked great for me before.  Does it go bad after sitting open for to long?  I assume so because it's having ZERO effect right now.