Pod Your Reef

Dylan's 22 L-L for law (but really, long) - new sandbed

Dylan.N

I'm thinking my nitrates are too low for the API test kit (I know...) to read. I did have ammonia before and now it's gone on 3 subsequent tests. So I think it's safe to say that my cycle is complete after 3 weeks. pH is still at 8.0. That's a little low, no? Water change will have to be on Thursday because the salt comes in on Wednesday, and I'll let it mix over night.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clean up crew from Reef Cleaners is in! Got a crew with hermits. The majority of the snails and all the hermits are on the move. A few snails are probably still shocked from travel. But I finally have something to look at in this tank!

Cencalfishguy56

Clean up crew from Reef Cleaners is in! Got a crew with hermits. The majority of the snails and all the hermits are on the move. A few snails are probably still shocked from travel. But I finally have something to look at in this tank!

hermits are interesting lol

So this is pretty cool. I'm looking at the 2 florida ceriths that haven't moved yet, and I notice a "mouth" opening and closing on one of the shells. Then I see this feather duster-looking thing coming out of the mouth and realized it was a barnacle. Hard to see in the pics. The snail still hasn't moved, though.

Mouth closed

13006662_1225320724146560_77818978216295

Mouth open

12936497_1225320737479892_50246820359249

Cencalfishguy56

So this is pretty cool. I'm looking at the 2 florida ceriths that haven't moved yet, and I notice a "mouth" opening and closing on one of the shells. Then I see this feather duster-looking thing coming out of the mouth and realized it was a barnacle. Hard to see in the pics. The snail still hasn't moved, though.

Mouth closed

13006662_1225320724146560_77818978216295

Mouth open

12936497_1225320737479892_50246820359249

where at? Lol it's too blue
Cencalfishguy56

look below the white shell in the center. and i know.. iphones...

lol I use an iPhone..... But turn your whites up and retake it haha

I used to live in Orlando, went to UCF. I used to always go to the store on Alafaya, Living Reef I think? That store was awesome.

I also went to UCF. Living Reef was 3 minutes away. Great store as well. Top Shelf had more deals, though.

Ha, that's awesome. Go Knights! Our football team might win a game this year....

We'll see lol. I graduated last year. So I'm glad I didn't have to sit through any games this past fall.

Happy one month birthday to the tank! To celebrate, I picked up a zoa frag with 2 different zoas on it. I went to 3 different stores around here and finally at the 3rd store I found a frag worth buying. I'll post pics of the frag when it opens up. It is still pissed off from the dip.

Always dip your corals, kids.

13015401_1229149360430363_74085458180594

Went to a 4th store that I didn't get to go to yesterday. They have decent corals, and some nice clownfish. I've already made up my mind. Going to test my water in the morning, and if everything is still good, going to pick up a pair in the morning.

Been trying to get the clowns to eat pellets these past few days. They are quick to grab the pellets, but they don't swallow them. I wonder if the pellets are too large... Either way, there are plenty of cerith eggs for them to eat, but they don't go near them.

Archived