Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The MiniBow 5 Project (Pics)

samwoo2go

Hey tank looks good, I see the frogspawn frag I sold you looks good. Also show us a pic of the leather frag I gave you-

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a suggestion about your brain. I have seen brains puff like that on occasion when they aren't recieving enough light. They puff in an attempt to move themselves to a different location. You might want to move it closer to the top. Same goes for the Frogspawn. If it begins to loose the tight little shape to it, I would suggest upgrading the lighting.

Here is my minibow 5 with the same light setup as sam, I have some work still to do to get everything held up good, nothing a little tape wont hold for a few days.tank_lights_small.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Alright guys, sorry I haven't had time to update you guys, I been pretty busy lately. anyways quite a lot has happened in the past 7 weeks. I got some birthday money from my mom and bought some new things. but let me answer some questions first.

Imananoreefer: Hi I ended up just using a AC 300 converted fuge for filtration and current. I didn't put a baffle in there, Because I wanted Max room for chaeto. so I just took out the impeller and put in a AC mini one. the flow is just right when its stuffed with LR rubbles and Chaeto. Maybe a little slower would be better, but its not picking up any substrate so im ok with it.

Heres a pic of the fuge.

9197fuge.jpg

Heres the light bulb I used for the fuge. its PC 19 watts 6,500K

9197Fuge_light.jpg

Elgor: Hey sup dude, yea the frogspawn I got from ou is doing great, some of the clear/brown tenicticles got more green, and 1 of the heads split recently. so now I have 3 heades. :) thanks!

Its kinnda hard to take a pic of the leather, because its behind the green candycane. But I'll keep trying.

Whitten: thanks for the advice man. The brain haven't puffed up like that for a while now, so I think he was just adjusting to the new enviroment. :)

Tmerrick: hey dig the black sand yo, if I could start over, I would use the black sand. BTW thats exactly how I was gunna install my lights, but I didn't want to look at the ballast sticking out. but great work tho.

I also got some LEDs for moonlighting.

I bought these LEDs from Walmart and they were only 10 bucks.

9197LED_package.jpg

Heres where I installed them

9197LED_location.jpg

Heres the zoos under the LEDs

9197LED_effect.jpg

And heres the Whole tank shot so far.

9197MB5_full.jpg

As all can see Im having a little bit of hair algae problem (mainly on the shroom rock and sandbed), does anyone know what is a good clean up crew for green hair algaes (rocks and sandbed)? I was thinking 1 Emerald Crab 1 or 2 Mexican turbos, and 1 fighting conch. No hermits please.

Thanks.

Nice set-up dude. I like the moonlights. I guess the car mood lights are really gaining popularity. I may have to succumb to it myself.

tmerrick, your set-up looks cool. It looks like it's going to lift off and fly away at any moment. Inter-galactic, dude.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked in the car section, I guess only some walmart has it and some don't, if I were you I would just look around different walmarts. good luck.

Not enough Nutrition, Unless you breed them Yourself with Selcon enriched food, and feed them to the mandarin less than 24 hours after hatch (with the yolk sack still). And even then, might still die from lack of nutrition.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
captainhaddock

It seems that I can't get the pictures up of your lighting mod, how did you fit the two 20 watt coral lights in, without putting the ballasts outside the tank?

thanks

Archived