ReefCleaners.org

MarquiseO's Shallow 36"x24"x16" Reef Tank

ReviloM

So as I was about force a color change again like before, I noticed the regrowth of the chalices. I even attempted the same on an acan echinata but didn't notice the effect till just now. You can clearly see where the corals regrew and the tye dye'ish regrowth area.

25989669250_50107637f9_c.jpg

25657725124_89937183ee_c.jpg

26236572306_60b0929780_c.jpg

26236563826_4687d540bd_c.jpg

25989634020_149474e474_c.jpg

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great shots.

Thanks! Nothing really significant to report with the tank but I did pick up a new toy today:

12963767_10206518208815805_7497727121174

12961685_10206518211575874_3882120815457

Update:

- I am pretty much at the point where I have lost the 3 P's for this hobby: Purpose, Patience, and Passion. I think I am about to close this hobby and move on to something new. I will let the tank sit for a week or two and fully decide from there to just sell off my live stock and hold the equipment and maybe years from now I will re-enter or just clean house.

- Since I may exit the hobby, I contribute something that will help lead others to discover or it may just attribute to downfall of it like it is headed now by greed. What I used to force the color change was a tested ratios of trace elements in small quantities mixed with a food paste. Each were individually placed into separate containers and feed to corals in a 3 min interval. A color change did occur but I think due to the volume of trace elements added, it was too much and caused the tissue of the coral to burn and regrow. If the dosage of trace to the food is decreased to the correct ratio, there is a good chance it will not have the tissue dying effect and keep the color change temporarily. I did, however, notice that the regeneration of the tissue was significantly faster in comparison to other corals or the same coral healing from damage either by other corals or through accidental damage by me. The regrowth of the tissue appeared to blend the original colors of the coral giving it a tye-dye or melted like appearance.

Thanks everyone for following my build. Who knows, I may regain the 3 P's but as of right now....I am bored with this hobby; I've ran out of patience.

Sucks to hear that, hope you decide to stick with it. I had the same feeing before I decided to do a BTA dominant display, SPS was just frustrating me because I was never happy with how it looked, I loved the clown harem tanks though and BTAs are super easy to keep in good condition. So I decided to do BTA dominant and see if I enjoyed it more, I do and I'm still in the hobby because of it.

I hope the color changing technique is not picked up by the big names, it's simple enough anyone can do it so hopefully it doesn't do anything negative.

Love the car though, great choice. I have wanted one for the longest time, one day. :)

Sucks to hear that, hope you decide to stick with it. I had the same feeing before I decided to do a BTA dominant display, SPS was just frustrating me because I was never happy with how it looked, I loved the clown harem tanks though and BTAs are super easy to keep in good condition. So I decided to do BTA dominant and see if I enjoyed it more, I do and I'm still in the hobby because of it.

It's not that SPS are hard; it is just it takes too long for results. I just don't have patience for long term results anymore.

I hope the color changing technique is not picked up by the big names, it's simple enough anyone can do it so hopefully it doesn't do anything negative.

Which is why I didn't want to state what I did but it may help other true hobbyists that are looking for new reasons every day to enjoy this hobby.

Love the car though, great choice. I have wanted one for the longest time, one day. :)

Thanks! I was fortunate enough to look on autotrader and saw it was available not far from me. I got a deal that was too good to pass up: $30K, 22,751 miles, Chipped ECU for performance, upgraded steering rack, well kept maintenance, garage kept, hard top and soft top attachments, custom trailer, extra set of lotus rims in black, and a custom car cover. There were other upgrades but I can remember which at the moment. Oh and its a clean title and not a salvage like most around.

in red

Sorry to hear about ur lost interest :(

What Car is that? Great score on it!

It happens in this hobby quite often with most hobbyist. Some return while others don't.

2005 Lotus Elise. Thanks!

Sorry about you decisión :(

I like you style :)

Thanks and thank you for the time you spent tagging along on this build

lilmatty5dimes

dang sorry to hear about the lose of interest in the hobby. hopefully a few weeks will change your mind.

on a side note you'll have a ton of time to drive that beauty around town.

Archived