Top Shelf Aquatics

MarquiseO's Shallow 36"x24"x16" Reef Tank

ReviloM

Update:

-Lighting: Right now I have (2) Hydra 52 HD. I can truly say these lights are worth every penny and rival many of the other popular fixtures out there. The reason I chose these were due to cost, user friendliness, builtin wifi, appeal, and my first choice was on backorder for months in the US. I have had several fresh cut corals to encrust nicely while under these lights.

I recently received an email that my first choice of lighting, Giesemann Matrixx II 6x39W was back in stock so I purchased it. I may add two "36" Reefbrite XHO units on the outer areas as seen in the images below but I am not sure how effective they will be on the outsides:

ot7WiE8.jpg

20151229_194655_zpslliixygy.jpg

Image from BeanMachine on ReefCentral.

Are you going to replace the LEDs with the t5s?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update:

-I have installed my Giesemann Matrixx II fixture to my reef tank. I will be integrating (2) 36" Reefbrite XHO fixtures into the fixture as shown above.

- I purchased 9 Royal Grammas for the tank :P. They should ship out today for tomorrow. Pics soon to follow.

-Sorry for the lack of pics, nothing significant has happened to the tank to up till now.

Are you going to replace the LEDs with the t5s?

Yes and no. T5s will be the main light source but I will have LEDs integrated into the T5 fixture.

Royal Grammas arrived today. Only 8/9 arrived alive. The 8 are settling in and 4 have been in and out of the scape since I have arrived home.

Pinner Reef

Royal Grammas arrived today. Only 8/9 arrived alive. The 8 are settling in and 4 have been in and out of the scape since I have arrived home.

Pics foo! Pics!!!

Pics foo! Pics!!!

Here are two pics for now till they are all out:
25423765475_73b81f0714_c.jpg
24797063433_30279b9079_c.jpg
I really miss having a macro lens for better closeups. I need to order one for my 70D.
Update:

I ordered the incorrect size of Reef Brites XHO fixtures(36") to go inside of my Giesemann Matrixx II. Because I opened the packages to inspect the lights for damage and missing parts, I can't return them back to the retailer. I now have a pending order for the correct fixture length needed for the inside which will have to be the 30" fixture. I have to sell the old lights and wait for my new ones to arrive next week for installation.

Update:

-The correct size ReefBrites shipped today and should arrive Wednesday in which I will install once I get home from work.

-My tank has become an ULNS due to my Marinepure Blocks and oversized skimmer. I can not keep nitrates and phosphates in the tank. I had algae everywhere but it has since cleared out. My corals (mainly sps) have bleached out a little but hopefully they will recover just fine with the additional feedings I have been giving the tank due to the addition of the Royal Grammas. I am contemplating adding (5) Helfrichi Firefish to the tank and (1) Hawaiian Cleaner Wrasse to bring an explosion of purplish colors.

-In the meantime, here is a quick, new video of me feeding the tank just now. Be sure to watch in 1080p:

Sooo many Grammas!!!!

Lol. They are nice and healthy. I really want to add more but then I want Helfrichi Firefish and a Hawaiian Cleaner Wrasse too

Elizabeth94

Wow, I had no idea you could keep more than on in a tank. They are so beautiful! I loved mine when I had the 29gal.

A lot Grammas!..i have one and is agresive with otter fish..beautiful fish!

Probably just that particular one's temperament.

I've got one few days ago as well. They're so cool !

Yep. Good luck with yours!

Wow, I had no idea you could keep more than on in a tank. They are so beautiful! I loved mine when I had the 29gal.

Yeah you can but most hobbyist tend to follow old "rules of reefing" and not consider how animals are in the wild in which you will see massive groups of most fish.

8 MARCH 16
25260811219_370c326e7a_c.jpg

the 30" Reefbrites I had to order. I removed the acrylic shield from them.

was it the lumi lite led strip?

Jesus H Christ :o this build is flawless man !!!! How are you liking the switch back to T5's ?! I think they look so much better than leds,even though I did throw my leds back into my fixture as of late lol.

Jesus H Christ :o this build is flawless man !!!! How are you liking the switch back to T5's ?! I think they look so much better than leds,even though I did throw my leds back into my fixture as of late lol.

Thanks! I really only like T5s because of the explosive even growth but I need LEDs for coloration. I can not have either without the other.

I agree 110%. Leds definitely help with that extra needed pop and color. I need to get sps back into my system... I miss them.

Archived