Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Bossy' s nano reef in Belgium

Bossy

sand came in today! very happy with the sand!

picture is too purple and doesn't do it justice... (phonepic)

IMG_20160108_2039371_zpsd4zvdctc.jpg?t=1

MP10 will arrive here soon (tomorrow or monday).

• Like 1

man.... the LFS didn't give me a new tunze 9001...

i came back with the same unit, but with an other magnet....

he plugged it in and didn't found it loud! yeah because it is incredibly noisy in that LFS!

i plugged it back in in my room, and the sound is really making me nuts!!! :furious::furious::angry::angry:

• 3 months later...

Update:

in the past weeks i've made some plans for a little upgrade.

the new tank will be 36" x 24" (width) x 16" (height) and overflow will probably be an DIY ghost overflow and blue background.

equipment will be:

lights: maxspect razor 160w or 6*24 T5

skimmer: reef octopus SRO2000 cone (Jebao dct40000 pump with ATI gridwheel)

flow: 2* tunze 6095 (7096 controller)

return: Jebao DC12000 (lowest setting)

Diy automatic ZEOVIT reactor

this upgrade is planned for the summer, so i have another 2 months to plan things ;)

as for now i removed the black back of my nano:

IMG_0637_zpscckrtg1v.jpg

5d7f6f92-1d33-44b1-b256-a83017e65baa_zpsgrtz Bossy

• Like 4
tanacharison

Tank looks great! I actually really liked it without the sand and your skimmer in the main display but your new picture is a lot cleaner looking.

thanks everyone!

I just love the clear background. What a shame I cannot have a (full) clear background on the new tank because of the overflow :closedeyes:

Update:

as for now i removed the black back of my nano:

*snips pics*

grtz Bossy

#holywow.

Love it, scape reminds me of mine except I'd bet yours is better counterbalanced by weight on the right side. Great job, that is a lovely tank.

• 1 year later...

maybe i should update my journal :lol:

I had to stop the tank about a year and a half ago because I dind't have enough time to properly maintain the tank because of school.

So I stopped for a year and a half, but always wanted to start again. And so ... on the first of december i started again with a little nano. The goal was a little nano reef 

with easy to keep corals and maintaining the tank through weekly waterchanges. I picked up a aqua medic yasha dirt cheap (but had good bit of scratches) i couldn't resist. 

The tank was 12" long, 16" wide and 12" high. With an all in one setup in the bak of 4" so the display tank itself was a 12" cube. 

IMG_20171223_164624_zpsp1c2ycul.jpg

The tank was running fine and thrived on waterchanges. 

Untill last week i went and bought some corals. Came back home and found that the coral were too big and didn't fit nicely in the tank. 

IMG_20180108_162532_zpsqpoo3kiz.jpg

at that moment I already saw someone locally selling a nice shallow tank and was already tempted to pick it up. But when I saw that the corals were to big for the aqua medic I went ahead and bought the tank. :P

The tank dimensions are: 32" long * 16" wide * 10" high with an all in one segment of 5inch. 

Lighting: Coralbox moon led plus, but will hang my giesemann 4x24w t5 fixture in the near future. Just need to figure out how i will hang/mount them. 

Skimmer: Coralbox s150

200gph return pump

Tunze 6040 powerhead

Fish:

- 2 occelaris clownfish

- 1 falco hawkfish

-1 yellow clown goby

IMG_20180111_175955_zpsnrtoe4dv.jpg

IMG_20180111_175911_zps10uvxmgq.jpg

IMG_20180111_175931_zpskgq0s9ht.jpg

IMG_20180111_180124_zps8wudmo8o.jpg

IMG_20180111_180214_zpspnbmuytv.jpg

IMG_20180111_180354_zpsvitscua9.jpgIMG_20180111_180412_zpsputwd4qn.jpg

and the first day after the introduction of my anemone... The clownfish started hosting it :wub:

IMG_20180110_112751_zpsqoyuacvz.jpg?t=15

hope you like it ;) 

grtz Bossy

• Like 4
Christopher Marks

Wow you've been busy, welcome back @Bossy! Your 12" cube was looking really nice, but the new peninsula aquarium is gorgeous! Open aquascapes like yours have such a natural look. Is the tank sitting on an IKEA bookcase? Such a perfect fit, it must have been a custom aquarium built just for it?

24 minutes ago, Bossy said:

and the first day after the introduction of my anemone... The clownfish started hosting it :wub:

Isn't it amazing how quickly they bond?

14 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Wow you've been busy, welcome back @Bossy! Your 12" cube was looking really nice, but the new peninsula aquarium is gorgeous! Open aquascapes like yours have such a natural look. Is the tank sitting on an IKEA bookcase? Such a perfect fit, it must have been a custom aquarium built just for it?

the tank is actually 6mm to wide :lol: i saw that tank for sale and knew right away that it would fit perfectly ;)  well not perfect but ik can live with 3mm overhangon each side :) 

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

I think it went very fast! Especially because these are capribve/tank bred... i actually thought it would take a very long time . 

• Like 1

Haha so you bought new coral that was too big for the tank so you just bought a bigger tank. I like the way you think :D

If my tank was next to my bed like that (assuming that's your bed) the covers would be soaked on a nightly basis the way I toss the blankets around while sleeping! 

The new tank looks great though, really,  I love peninsula style tanks. 

• Like 1

PD is the one i go to the most of the time. Where in belgium are you located? I'm in West-Vlaanderen. We don't have  much  lfs here in  west-vlaanderen. 

2 hours ago, KurtS said:

That's a clean setup Bossy, love it.

Btw, you wouldn't know of any good LFS apart from PD would you?

51 minutes ago, Bossy said:

PD is the one i go to the most of the time. Where in belgium are you located? I'm in West-Vlaanderen. We don't have  much  lfs here in  west-vlaanderen. 

Puurs, border of Antwerp/Oost Vl. and it's no better here, I go to PD because I don't know of any place near me that isn't just freshwater or pond only.
Neon in Lokeren used to have some stuff but I visited it once after they moved and was less than impressed.