Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Bossy' s nano reef in Belgium

Bossy

sadly not :rolleyes: i study in Ostend :wacko:

I have a coralbox s150 which is pretty silent but is not that camouflaged :(;)

bought the tunze 9001 yesterday and going to return it thuesday to PD (moeskroen).

i don't know if it was only my unit or not. but mine was very loud and I've read a lot of reviews where they say it's dead silent...

I can see what you mean, the coralbox isn't low profile indeed...

I heard a dialed in tunze 9001 before and i must say it's almost dead silent. Maybe there is something wrong with the one you have or it just needs to dial in. Hope PD will swap it for you. Don't like going there, it's like a fish supermarket :-).

This is my atb nano hang on, handmade by atb. Such a nice product.

post-86885-0-82666300-1451295240_thumb.jpeg

I can see what you mean, the coralbox isn't low profile indeed...

I heard a dialed in tunze 9001 before and i must say it's almost dead silent. Maybe there is something wrong with the one you have or it just needs to dial in. Hope PD will swap it for you. Don't like going there, it's like a fish supermarket :-).

This is my atb nano hang on, handmade by atb. Such a nice product.

really hope i get a new tunze 9001, i don't know what other skimmer i should choose really...

teah PD is really a big supermarket, but nearby i don't have a reliable shop...

nice skimmer btw, wasn't cheap i suppose?

grtz Victor

really hope i get a new tunze 9001, i don't know what other skimmer i should choose really...

teah PD is really a big supermarket, but nearby i don't have a reliable shop...

nice skimmer btw, wasn't cheap i suppose?

grtz Victor

Victor,

Yes it was 130... Not cheap at all! I bought this for a fusion 10 (innovative marine) but i never found the tank for a good price. If i find a fusion i will use it as a qt.

You could look at the afm marine skimmers? They have a new nano one but they are developing a new style air silencer. Or you could go for the hob skimmer. It costs a little bit more but it's a super skimmer and super quiet!

Victor,

Yes it was 130... Not cheap at all! I bought this for a fusion 10 (innovative marine) but i never found the tank for a good price. If i find a fusion i will use it as a qt.

You could look at the afm marine skimmers? They have a new nano one but they are developing a new style air silencer. Or you could go for the hob skimmer. It costs a little bit more but it's a super skimmer and super quiet!

those afm skimmers seem good skimmers, but just as my coralbox: not that low profile :D:happy:

If you wan't really low profile check the mame skimmer! But it's also a airstone driven skimmer... :-)

personally i would never buy a mame: i would make it myself :happy:

why aren't there many black, dead silent skimmer on the market :angry::furious::lol:

Aqua medic evo 500? Nice quiet skimmer with dc pump.

i also thought about this one, DC pump should be quiet, only hate to see the bubble (tunze is black and nearly invisible in my tank).

I hope it was a faulty unit, and i get a new silent one. If it's still not silent,i'll probably go with the evo500 or stick with the coralbox.

you said you already saw an 9001 in action, was it in a silent room? or was it in a noisy room?

Victor, the 9001 was in a aqua medic yasha and the tank was in the living room in a friends house. There was only ambient noise. I couldn't hear the skimmer at all from about 3m away. If i got really close to the tank i just heard a little bubble noise... The pump is really quiet. And what about the 9004?

Victor, the 9001 was in a aqua medic yasha and the tank was in the living room in a friends house. There was only ambient noise. I couldn't hear the skimmer at all from about 3m away. If i got really close to the tank i just heard a little bubble noise... The pump is really quiet. And what about the 9004?

i had the 9004 two years ago and loved it. I thought because the 9001 being smaller then 9004, the sound would also be less.

i think the 9004 would look a bit big in my tank (don't know if it will even fit)

also don't know if it was any silent (wasnt in my room back then)?

I think the 9004 maybe a bit louder than the 9001. Not sure about that... Still should be really quiet. It will definetly fit in your tank but like you said it may look a bit big. Just swap the 9001 for a new one or maybe get it more dialed in?

I think the 9001 really fits your needs best.

I think the 9004 maybe a bit louder than the 9001. Not sure about that... Still should be really quiet. It will definetly fit in your tank but like you said it may look a bit big. Just swap the 9001 for a new one or maybe get it more dialed in?

I think the 9001 really fits your needs best.

yeah the 9001 is perfect for me sizewise and a nice look in the tank.

if it would only be as quiet as many described here :lol:

maybe will exchange it tomorrow in PD :happy:

• Like 1

The aquascape looks amazing. Can't wait to see this tank mature :)

thanks! I will have to add sand soon ;)

but my tank is nothing compared to your beatiful tanks you've already set up!

the ssimplicity makes it so beautifil :wub:

• Like 1

vortechs just arrived... not happy at all :furious::furious::furious:

drysides are loud and there is only one wetside working....(not as described from person).

i hope i can get a refund from the person and send the vortechs back to the person.

Any tips about handling with this problem?

i only used the stonefix of Aquaforest, but they do seem a good brand with good prices.

I think i will use their products later on but don't now what products (maybe Ca+,Kh,...)

i'm very happy with my maxspect razor lighting, looks very slik, love the design.

i got this from a local reefer for a steal ( like 70€=70dollars).

i'm a student so i don't have a big budget so if i would need to buy a new led fixture it would be something cheap like ocean revive or something.just because it's cheap and i can't put more than 200dollars on a fixture. :unsure:

BUT: if i had the money/could spend the money, i would definetly buy the razors. I just love the design and light they put out.

if i would buy it i would choose the 16k version (believe it's now 15k?).

so all in all....i'm just lucky i got my razors for 77 $ :lol:

Thanks for that input. I ordered some Stonefix too because it looked like a good deal and I wanted to do some aquascaping.

I also ordered a Maxspect Razor. Thought about a Hydra 26 HD but couldn't find a suitable mounting solution. Happy to hear you like it.

thanks! I will have to add sand soon ;)

but my tank is nothing compared to your beatiful tanks you've already set up!

the ssimplicity makes it so beautifil :wub:

THANK YOU!!! :)

I just did a major 180 change on my tank, I think it is getting more complicated than it should haha.

just ordered an MP10Wes with an extra RF-module.

thinking of upgrading an MP20 to an MP40wQD. but need to find a cheap QD driver here in belgium (europe).

i see that those QD drivers are pretty cheap in USA.... but here in europe it's 130$ for an MP40wQD driver.....

measured Nitrate and phosphate this morning:

NO3: 0,5 ppm

P= 0 -> PO4: 0,000

rest of params will be tested in the afternoon.

my sand should arrive today, so hope i can add it soon :D

Rowaphos offline since yesterday, tomorrow i will test PO4 again so i can see if there's still Phosphates leaching.

grtz Bossy

Hi Bossy,

Did you get a new skimmer from PD last week?

no, didn't have the time to go to PD :mellow:

i really like my corlabox s150 tho... it's just such a shame it's not low-profile.

might as well just ask a refund for the skimmer, but We'll see :happy:

just found out I could do mod to a Lens (that i never use) to an "macrolens"

Probably will not be as good as a good macro lens but hey... it didn't cost me a dime :happy::lol:

IMG_9911_zps1l7tmvbk.jpg?t=1452096539

thought i ruled out the GSP, apparently not :angry::furious:IMG_9908_zpselb6mthn.jpg