inTank Media Baskets

Jebao has done it again...

basser1

Just pointing out it's interesting Jebao can churn out a very similar pump to the gyre for a fraction of the price.

Is there a video of it somewhere or info? I didn't think we knew yet how the Jebao gyre works?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there a video of it somewhere or info? I didn't think we knew yet how the Jebao gyre works?

The first post has this link https://reefbuilders.com/2015/12/17/jecod-cross-flow-wave-pumpjebao-gyre-pump-knock-off-surfaces-as-jecod-cross-flow-wave-pump/ to the reefbuilders hate article lol.

The box pictured clearly shows a pump that looks all but identical to a gyre. So I'm feeling confident it's basically the same pump and as I've already said, as with all products now a days, probably made in the same factory by the same workers with the same components as the 4X more expensive Maxspect version. It just doesn't say Maxspect on the box so obviously that makes it so much cheaper lol.

gulfsurfer101

So we still back on the old jeabo vs vortec thing again! I'll put it like this! It might be like comparing banging a red hot smoking russian model(vortec), to banging a two toothed midget Bangladesh hooker with a gimp leg and deformed foot(jeabo)! You might enjoy one much greater than the other but they'll both get you there!

The first post has this link https://reefbuilders.com/2015/12/17/jecod-cross-flow-wave-pumpjebao-gyre-pump-knock-off-surfaces-as-jecod-cross-flow-wave-pump/ to the reefbuilders hate article lol.

The box pictured clearly shows a pump that looks all but identical to a gyre. So I'm feeling confident it's basically the same pump and as I've already said, as with all products now a days, probably made in the same factory by the same workers with the same components as the 4X more expensive Maxspect version. It just doesn't say Maxspect on the box so obviously that makes it so much cheaper lol.

Hows Jecod's warranty? Do they honor anything? Shit better not break and have a no good warranty for $120. I be pissed.

Hows Jecod's warranty? Do they honor anything? Shit better not break and have a no good warranty for $120. I be pissed.

Think that depends where you buy from. Most of the complaints about Jebao/Jecods stuff is "it died after 9> months". Over here in the UK everything has a 12 month warranty with the retail merchant. So take it back to the shop and they should sort it, however if you buy from ebay/direct from someone online it's often a pain in the ass to sort any issues out.

But again were back to you get what you pay for. Even if Maxspect or Ecotech honor warranty beyond 12 months, I'd be pissed having to wait days for replacement parts on something so expensive I'd never expect it to break. If you can buy 3 or 4 similar pumps for the price of one of these all singing all dancing fancy things that doesn't really do much different to the cheapy pump I'd just go out an buy a new one when something goes tits up. Hell if it's a quarter of the price I'd buy 2 to start with and have one spare and still be getting the same thing for half price lol.

gulfsurfer101

Hell in some cases some of you dirty bastards even prefer the two toothed hooker but we're not judging! Different strokes for different folks! For most of us it all comes down to what we can afford!

Think that depends where you buy from. Most of the complaints about Jebao/Jecods stuff is "it died after 9> months". Over here in the UK everything has a 12 month warranty with the retail merchant. So take it back to the shop and they should sort it, however if you buy from ebay/direct from someone online it's often a pain in the ass to sort any issues out.

But again were back to you get what you pay for. Even if Maxspect or Ecotech honor warranty beyond 12 months, I'd be pissed having to wait days for replacement parts on something so expensive I'd never expect it to break. If you can buy 3 or 4 similar pumps for the price of one of these all singing all dancing fancy things that doesn't really do much different to the cheapy pump I'd just go out an buy a new one when something goes tits up. Hell if it's a quarter of the price I'd buy 2 to start with and have one spare and still be getting the same thing for half price lol.

My beef would be if something broke with no warranty, I am out $120. If say... a name brand product had an issue, I could get it fixed under warranty and sell it for a good price if I no longer wanted it. I have no local retailers for either vortech/maxspect or jebao. Ha.

I don't really feel expense = shouldn't break though, I think that is entirely unrealistic to ask. I feel expense = better give me some good ass customer service.

Customer service and warranty mean a lot to me I guess. That is why my lights have been reef-breeders and nano-box. It's also why I shop at drfosterandsmith/liveaquaria, marine depot, ect.

Reef-breeders is probably a good choice for jebao gyre when/if they get them for people in the USA.

jedimasterben

Reef-breeders is probably a good choice for jebao gyre when/if they get them for people in the USA.

Reefbreeders is smart enough not to carry it, Coralvue will be right up their ass the moment they do.

So we still back on the old jeabo vs vortec thing again! I'll put it like this! It might be like comparing banging a red hot smoking russian model(vortec), to banging a two toothed midget Bangladesh hooker with a gimp leg and deformed foot(jeabo)! You might enjoy one much greater than the other but they'll both get you there!

But one is more likely to have an STD....so there IS that. :lol:

I would also like to point out,again, that even though the thread started out as a Jebao vs Maxspect thread, it turned into why or why not both products compare to Vortechs. It happens EVERY. SINGLE.TIME.

Face it, regardless of if you like or do not like Vortechs, until something else takes the throne you will always be trying compare every other water mover to Ecotech wave pumps. As I said before, they are the benchmark by which everything else is measured. I don't recall anyone ever successfully pulling off a (insert powerhead here) vs ( insert powerhead here) without them being ultimately compared to Ecotech. lmao.

gulfsurfer101

But one is more likely to have an STD....so there IS that. :lol:

I would also like to point out,again, that even though the thread started out as a Jebao vs Maxspect thread, it turned into why or why not both products compare to Vortechs. It happens EVERY. SINGLE.TIME.

Face it, regardless of if you like or do not like Vortechs, until something else takes the throne you will always be trying compare every other water mover to Ecotech wave pumps. As I said before, they are the benchmark by which everything else is measured. I don't recall anyone ever successfully pulling off a (insert powerhead here) vs ( insert powerhead here) without them being ultimately compared to Ecotech. lmao.

You can still get a shriveled willy from the other one too you know! I've got my willy wet in all kinds of places and since I've owned both the end result imo was always the same. The thing for me is I have way too many expenses to drop 1200 on a pair of pumps when a cool 150 will get me there as well and my willy will be none the wiser, but ever so satisfied baby!

You can still get a shriveled willy from the other one too you know! I've got my willy wet in all kinds of places and since I've owned both the end result imo was always the same. The thing for me is I have way too many expenses to drop 1200 on a pair of pumps when a cool 150 will get me there as well and my willy will be none the wiser, but ever so satisfied baby!

Agreed. No one solution works for anyone, I don't think vortech pumps are the end all, used a gyre on my last tank and it worked fine. Lol.

Sage advice

No way I've seen that thing in real life. That's the wave pool at Plymouth Uni in the UK hahahaha. That bad boy should provide enough flow for those ever demanding acros that never seem happy lol.

Archived