Top Shelf Aquatics

The 2.5 Project... (time Documented With Pic)

samwoo2go

me03, sorry dude, I don't think anything but the junior will fit. and the junior sucks.

Mac, thanks for the advice, the Auto top off is not running at the moment, I need to find some time to install the snail guard. But I do have one :)

About the small tank. If you look at my Signature. I have tanks ranging from 40G and down to the 2.5G, and if things don't look well, I can always transfer them. But for now Im just enjoying the technology and knowledge that enables the possibility nano-reefs which was def not possible 10 years ago.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok Update time. :woot:

Finally found the Randalli Goby at my LFS, they actually had three. So I grabbed one with a quickness, and got him home.

I expected them to take a while to pair up, but they paired up in 5 mins. Prob cuz the small tank size.

Heres a pic of the 2 new found buddies.

91970.jpg

Heres a pic of the Shrimp digging and pushing to make the burrow big enough for 2. :)

919711-med.jpg

Im prob gunna do some minor aquascape soon, and get some GSP and let it do its thing.

• 1 month later...

ok haven't udpated for a while now.

I finally got a hold of a good GSP frag, and a single red mushroom frag. so the GSP garden is under way.

9197GSP_frag.jpg

Heres the current whole tank shot, reaquascape is under way.

91972_5_full_11-med.jpg

Your goby is actually a Hi Fin Red Banded Goby, your LFS told you wrong, but nonetheless your tank looks great, and shrimp and goby pair is awesome! good luck with the GSP garden, it looks like it is off to a good start.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by tylernt

It's completely counter-intuitive, but I've read from several sources that a hood with a white interior reflects more light than a silver one. Makes no sense to me but there it is.

Looking good so far though! :)

The color white is the reflection of all light. Silver absorbs some.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived