inTank Media Baskets

The 2.5 Project... (time Documented With Pic)

samwoo2go

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cellenzweig i am dying to see that...are you planning on doing it anytime soon....samwoo...has the heater been reliable for you..my GF bought one when i was setting up her tank and the tank temp was crazy erratiicc...hope yours is good but ive seen other people with similar results. Keep the pics coming.

Cellenzweig i am dying to see that...are you planning on doing it anytime soon....
I'd like to get started soon, but I need to get the tank built. It's going to be a 3g starphire with the back 1/3 for sump/fuge (similar to a nano-cube). I'll be lit by 4x13w PC. Hopefully I'll have the tank in a few weeks, then I can start on the base, canopy and aragocrete slab.

DRZL: Actually the heater has been pretty stable, it stays on the hot side (79-83) pending on the lights also, but never beyond that. Im happen with it. :)

Ghotit: your welcome

Cellenz: thats alot of lighting on that lil tank!!! :)

I took out the heater and put in a smaller Junior heater they sell at WalMart for like $7 and it actually fits in the back of the Penguin mini filter. so its in the back of it.

ok Update Time... :woot: :woot: :woot:

I just installed the float switch in the 2.5, so as all can see, its not a big eye sore. (I should mention that the suction cup don't stick that well to the painted back, So I just duct taped it secure) Also, I reaquascaped a lil bit, im setting it up for GSP growth.

91972_5_fs.jpg

After the new aquascape, the pistol shrimp found a new home. its on the left side of the tank right against the glass, so I can see him perfectly from my bed. I like it... :)

9197pistol_newhome-med.jpg

today, my cheap-a** walmart junior heater went out of whack, and raised the tank temp to 94 degrees when I came back. I unplugged it and stabbed it with a knife. :angry:

Good thing everything is perfectly fine, the zoos are still open, mushroom and ric frags are cool, slimed up a bit, but cool, Xenia looks a bit floppy but looks will be ok, the pistol shrimp is still his silly old self.... Whew....what a scare.

Heaters seem to be an issue here lately. My Visa-therm did the same thing 3 days ago only I lost my Xenia. Kind of ironic after I told you how indestrucable they were in your home theater thread:P I also lost my toadstool, open brain, skunk cleaner, and goby. This really sucks for you since you got all those free frags. I hope everything bounces back for you sam.

Tony.

haha Iono if you been keeping watch on my MiniBow 5 project... but everything you just mentioned that died except the toadstool I have or had in my 5g. :) But don't worry, most of my "good stuff" is in the MB5, so there really wasn't much there thats really sensitive.

That been said, I guess I kindda asked for it myself when I bought that heater. it was a "preset" heater. Meaning I CAN"T ADJUST THE TEMP!!! WHO THE H3LL MAKES A HEATER YOU CAN"T ADJUST!!! but it was the only heater that will fit in the penguin mini, so I thought, what the h3ll I'll give it a shot, I'll just monitior the temp and if it goes out of whack, I'll just unplug it...

GUESS WHICH DAY IT DECIDES TO OVERHEAT.... You guessed it, THE DAY I WAS AWAY FOR THE WEEKEND... good thing I came back a day early.... 1 day late, I might of come back to a deep fry tank...

Crispy Fried Pistol Shrimp Anyone? :)

cliffrouse11baseball

Those little junior heaters from walmart are always on they never cut off. So on a tank smaller than like a 10 gallon it will boil the water. I had the same problem on one of my freshwater tanks..

yeah I know, eventually Im trying to build it for optimal GSP display. but i don't want to put so much rocks in there that I can't see my pistol shrimp come out anymore.

so yeah, I have a conflicting problem

I've shown this thread to my wife, she's a teacher, and she's went nuts over getting a 2.5 gal nano for her desk. I told her if she gets one for her desk, I get one for my desk. So I guess I'll be setting one up myself (make that two). Great thread!!! Post some current pics of it please.

Thanks

I just read the thread. I've been looking for a small heater that I can put in my whisper hob. Had the same problem with the walmart mini-heater. Have you heard or found anything else that will fit?

Archived