SaltCritters.com

DrGibbys 10g shutting them down :(

drgibby

3 hours ago, DaveFason said:

Looking great. Shoot me a photo with the light in the photo and I will share on FB/IG! 

-Dave

photos for dave

20170227_102846

wish i could get the shadows off the light

20170227_102930

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things are going well.  Im working hard to stabilize everything since i alk burnt the WWC again.  Thank goodness its a hardy coral and will recover in a bit.  Everything is growing well and i need to sell some frags once the weather improves so i can buy more stuff... like a bigger tank or a nanobox hybrid light :)

• 2 weeks later...

Tanks is doing well.  Just lots of work keeping a 10g sps tank.  Its sucking all the fun out of reefing.  Im deciding if i want to keep going or tear everything down and start afresh when i get a new house.  

Both of your tanks look great I hope you decide to hang in there. I do not do any difficult coral just softies and LPS so I can not relate to how much work it takes for SPS but it seems like you have some nice rewards for all the hard work.

48 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Both of your tanks look great I hope you decide to hang in there. I do not do any difficult coral just softies and LPS so I can not relate to how much work it takes for SPS but it seems like you have some nice rewards for all the hard work.

Thanks for the complements.  I wouldn't say that SPS are hard.  I would actually say they are really easy to keep but the big secret is consistency of water parameters.  That is the hard part in a smaller tank.  Small fluctuations or periods of growth are then big changes in a SPS dominate tank and by the time you notice it things are already starting to go downhill.  The bigger tank allows for you to be a little less diligent and those small changes in water parameters not to make such a big change in the system.    Who knows what ill do.  There are pieces in both of these tanks that I love and dont want to get rid of.   Ill sleep on it a while and talk to the wife. Time will tell. . 

Thanks guys for the kind words it really does mean a lot to me.  Ive talked to the wife and we have decided to shut down both tanks.  Everything will be for sale shortly.  If you want certain things PM me before id love to sell them to people that followed this tank and watched it grow.  

10g

Setosa- sold

Katropora-sold       

jason fox tierra del fuego - sold

Aussie candlelight - sold

your original stylophora - sold

WWC yellow tips - 30 (this frag keeps trying to RTN) If needed there are multiple giant branches that can be fraged branches seem to survive well. Hence all the smaller frags

frag 1 WWC yellow tips - sold

Frag 2 WWC yellow tips - 15

Frag 3 WWC yellow tips - 10

Garf bonsi - 30

frag 1 Garf bonsi - 15

frag 2 Garf bonsi -sold

Strawberry shortcake-30

Oregon tort-50

bali tricolor-30

Green slimer frag - 20

Green slimer mother - 30

JF Red Hot setosa Frag - 20

CR commoners envy- 35

Unknown acro frag 1- 20

Green one encrusting the whole plug.  came with a lot of red in it.

20170328_112415

Unknown frag 2 ( i think a milli)- 20

original mother

20160922_075915

Unknown acro 1 - 25

20170328_112345

Unknown acro 2 - 25

20170328_112339

Golden Leptoseris-20

Red acan 2 heads - 30

Rainbow Bowerbanki 3 heads - 55

Rainbow Ricordia(Orange with green center and outer lining) - 20

tyree armageddon zoa rock 1 -8 or more polyps -20

Tyree armageddon zoa rock 2 -  4 polyps - 10

Rasta zoa 6 polyps - 30

Unknown zoa 20 or more polyps -20

20160413_095517

Eagle eye zoa 6 or more polpys - 20

2 inch matt of GSP - 10 or the hole backing for 30

Blue Maxima Clam - 50 nervous with shipping a clam but would look into it

Clown fish orange and black 25 individual or 40 for both never shipped a fish not sure if i want to.. but thought i would list anyway. 
Will post in the market place later.
PM with inquires or picture request.

7 minutes ago, smiz said:

YOU SELLING ANY EQUIPMENT FOR THESE??

No need to scream ;) yes equipment will be sold after livestock is gone 

I'm so sad to see these two beautiful tanks shut down, they've been a great example of how much can be done even in the smallest tank.

But I am looking forward to coral sitting. And terrified. I feel like somebody asked me to take care of their kids while they spend a couple of years deployed overseas. :scarry: But so long as I don't totally screw them up I promise to post lots of pictures :)

7 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

I'm so sad to see these two beautiful tanks shut down, they've been a great example of how much can be done even in the smallest tank.

But I am looking forward to coral sitting. And terrified. I feel like somebody asked me to take care of their kids while they spend a couple of years deployed overseas. :scarry: But so long as I don't totally screw them up I promise to post lots of pictures :)

Thanks teeny you'll do great and even if something bad happens I'm not holding you to it. I'm just glad your taking the katropora and it stays in the nano reef family

Archived