inTank Media Baskets

DrGibbys 10g shutting them down :(

drgibby

Nice! The sps are doing great.

Looks like you figure it out - no math required. As long as TDS of the RODI water is good, that all that matters. The math stuff is for checking TDS between your filter stages so you can figure out when/if the individual stages need new filter inserts.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So im super happy right now. I was able to finally get a piece of Katropora. Kat sent me a piece that was a side growing branch so one side is really colorful and the other is kinda dull but will get its color back soon. Im so happy with it you have no idea. I dont know how she managed to find the time to do it either with all the things she has going on but im super grateful. She was also kind enough to throw in a katropora koozie :P

Here is the beauty :wub::wub:

30736204475_a39df3ccf9_c.jpg20161102_114244 by drgibby, on Flickr

30435645140_615db21580_c.jpg20161102_114226 by drgibby, on Flickr

bad pictures right now and i should get a current one soon its getting its color back so fast. This picture was right after i threw it in the tank last week.

• 3 weeks later...

Tank is doing fine. Went home for lunch today to feed the fish like normal and Jackson the Tailspot was dead in the back of the tank :( . Im not sure what happened im guessing he was bullied to death. The black clown just isn't nice to anyone. I dont Think they were sick but im not sure. I have made sure that they have been eating and that they all got food. Im sad for jackson :(

Tank is doing fine. Went home for lunch today to feed the fish like normal and Jackson the Tailspot was dead in the back of the tank :( . Im not sure what happened im guessing he was bullied to death. The black clown just isn't nice to anyone. I dont Think they were sick but im not sure. I have made sure that they have been eating and that they all got food. Im sad for jackson :(

Ah, I am sorry to hear about Jackson. TSGs are the coolest. I am glad that everything else is good though.

Yea he had lots of personality. Im stuck now trying to decide if i should replace him or trade in the black clown or just leave things as is..

Dang, sorry about Jackson. I've had more than one tailspot and they never seem to last very long, unfortunately.

I'm super jelly of your Katropora frag! How's it doing?

:( sorry to hear about your Tailspot.

Ive had issues with my clowns bullying as well.

It's not fun.

It really isn't fun. What makes it worse is its the fish my wife picked out and its untouchable in the tank.. if it was mine it would be gone and i would have a nice pink streaked wrasse. :)

Dang, sorry about Jackson. I've had more than one tailspot and they never seem to last very long, unfortunately.

I'm super jelly of your Katropora frag! How's it doing?

It is sad and unfortunate.

The Katropora frag is doing well. I placed it higher up in the tank and it has plenty of flow on it. The color is starting to even out. Ill have to get some pictures of it again. :wub:

Great looking pick ups. Keep things consistent and you will be rewarded. :D

I just programmed my jabo doser and have it set up in a test area to see how accurate it is :) Only took me 3 months :P

• 2 weeks later...

Things are going well. The jabo seems to be doing the right amount and i figured out how to skip days so its dosing really close to 1 ml every other day right now. Very happy.

Heres a picture of one of the new frags mounted

30647225714_30ef9fbd13_c.jpg20161207_091036 by drgibby, on Flickr

and one of the garf bonsi. I love the purple green contrast on this one.

30679397163_9e32113b7a_c.jpg20161207_091010 by drgibby, on Flickr

Also FTS from my view that i normally see the tank at

31488289575_e5d5ebe316_c.jpg20161207_093423_001 by drgibby, on Flickr

and normal fts

31488312955_b61f554deb_c.jpg20161207_093409 by drgibby, on Flickr

That setosa = sexy

I agree its turning out to be one of my favorite pieces!. I have a small frag the size of the tip of your pinky that i broke off when i was placing it that i mounted and its starting to grow really well to :) Makes me happy.

What doesn't make me happy is this...

31290785300_0b39857450.jpg20161215_110703 by drgibby, on Flickr

30853477553_2000e0c0a3.jpg20161215_103812 by drgibby, on Flickr

random death on this frag. only one in there that has it. Just noticed it today and looked back at yesterdays FTS and you can see it. Looked back to the photo on the 7th and you can't. So sometime between then and now it has started. The polyps are out and happy on the rest of the piece so im not really sure whats up with it..

So I think i have everything under control again. It wasn't my alk this time it was my salinity.. it had creeped up somehow to around 1.029. All other parameters were within normal limits.

Since i have not had to much luck with corals living after they start to die i decided to take the 2 corals and make some frags of them.

Im pretty sure the frags and the originals are ok but will know more over time.

Things look the same which I consider good... merry Christmas to me my wife said if I find a deal on a bigger tank that I just can not pass up I'm allowed to buy it!! Msrp is a deal right?! Anyway time to stalk the forum for used tanks and equipment! Hopefully close by

Things look the same which I consider good... merry Christmas to me my wife said if I find a deal on a bigger tank that I just can not pass up I'm allowed to buy it!! Msrp is a deal right?! Anyway time to stalk the forum for used tanks and equipment! Hopefully close by

Woo hoo!

How the corals you had to frag doing? Did they survive?

Woo hoo!

How the corals you had to frag doing? Did they survive?

I think they are doing ok. The yellow tips I don't think has receded more and is encrusting on the opposite side... the other one is the difficult one to tell..

Woohoo, congrats on your wife sharing your addiction!

I'm not so sure it's sharing the addiction as much as giving up stopping mine

So i might have been wrong with the reseeding but i can't tell. I keep comparing pictures to see if its still going. I think it is but the rate of decay is def. slowing. Anyway im going to remain positive and say things are going well.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and got to spend time with there loved ones.

As i was looking at the tank yesterday i couldn't believe the PE on my Oregon tort. Its shooting off like crazy. I have also noticed that its starting to pick up some green?! Does anyone know why the coral is starting new green growth? I have noticed this on some of my other corals as well?!

31873483986_dcc4a24b6c.jpg20161223_123839_001 by drgibby, on Flickr

Best picture i could get so i apologize.

Archived