Coral Vue Hydros

ADA shallow ocean oasis (Aquamaxx 22 long upgrade coming soon)

nismo_sky32

The little tunze 6020 pump was giving this tank way too much flow. Mushrooms doesn't seem to be all that happy. Pulled the plug and this is the result

20151104_180954_zpsz2s5wswk.jpg

JB went beast. Just slightly over the size of a quarter now. I feel there isn't enough flow tho. I plug in the tunze for a few minutes every couple of hours but I feel the purchase of a mp10qd in the near future after the holidays. Also debating on which new light I want over this. It's between a hydra 26hd, love the built in WiFi that AI has to offer, a radion xr15 pro and the fan fave, nano box duo. If I do go with a radion then I'll have to get a reeflink for the light and the powerhead

• Like 2

Killer tank, nismo!! I'm currently tankless, but have one of these 60f's laying around that's drilled. Also have a sump, just need a skimmer, lighting, and a stand to house it. I've been seriously considering setting it up while I'm still getting all the stuff for the bigger tank. I appreciate the inspiration.

FWIW, Cherry Corals is less than 2 miles from my office. Great people and amazing stock they have.

Again, very nice to see what you've done with that tank. Time for me to get off my a$$.

Thank you. I appreciate the kind words. I went thru too many tanks (and money) before decided on the ada 60f. Worst part was it was in my basement from the beginning. It's nice to see another reefer on here that's local to me. Doesn't seem very popular in my city. Get that ada up and running and let me know so I can follow along

Really sweet tank, I love tanks in these dimensions.

Thank you! My dream dimensions are 24x18x10 but this was close enough without having a custom tank made.

• Like 1

The little tunze 6020 pump was giving this tank way too much flow. Mushrooms doesn't seem to be all that happy. Pulled the plug and this is the result20151104_180954_zpsz2s5wswk.jpg

JB went beast. Just slightly over the size of a quarter now. I feel there isn't enough flow tho. I plug in the tunze for a few minutes every couple of hours but I feel the purchase of a mp10qd in the near future after the holidays. Also debating on which new light I want over this. It's between a hydra 26hd, love the built in WiFi that AI has to offer, a radion xr15 pro and the fan fave, nano box duo. If I do go with a radion then I'll have to get a reeflink for the light and the powerhead

I'm liking all those ideas. The tunze nanostream comes either with or without a controller. If you get the controllable pump it goes as low as 40 gph.

I'm liking all those ideas. The tunze nanostream comes either with or without a controller. If you get the controllable pump it goes as low as 40 gph.

I was close to getting the 6040 model when I picked up the 6020 but for what I what I had it in before, the 6020 was prefect and cheap. I've been eyeing the 6040 lately too because they're nice little pumps and well, they're tunze. I haven't owned a tunze product yet that has disappointed

• Like 1

Ive been eyeing it to, $140 for it is close to mp10, used. like you say tunze makes great products. love your little tank BTY.

I think I'm going with the tunze 6040. The price difference alone is justifiable. The hydra 26hd is the front runner to light it up. Not quite the nanobox craftsmanship, but for the price, is hard to beat. Might be a little before I can upgrade the lighting tho. Just lost a major account at work and the company is really watching the budget final quarter of 2015

• Like 1

Still a great PH! The Hydra HD's are sweet, and Nanobox is quality too. Both lights have there good and bad, but there nearly identical in performance.

Hey great tank!

I've been meaning to go check out Cherry Corals sometime... I saw their stuff for the first time at the Centerline swap last month and liked it a lot!

A few questions:

1) Where did you get that red macro? Dragon's breath? I found a guy on Michiganreefers selling some but he suddenly went radio silent for the last week or 2.

2) What substrate are you using? It looks coarse but also has finer particles.

Overall the scape looks great. I like the minimalistic nature and I think that the fish you chose (midas and sixline are only ones in the tank right?) really compliment the coral selection - I can see how you have a nice viewing area set up.

so your getting the 6040 controllable nano, thats cool. I want it for one of my tanks, but can only afford the 6020 version....way to much flow

The 6020 really moves some water. Would've probably worked if the tank were 2 inches taller. Unfortunately right now I can't afford a 6040 either. With work cutting down overtime and me just purchasing the jb mushroom, the wallet is tighter than normal. I kicked the flow back to full speed on the return pump to compensate on removing the 6020. Not to mention, I just purchased an IM fusion 10 to replace my son's tank that I just chipped. Maybe you could look into an rw4 powerhead

• Like 1

Hey great tank!

I've been meaning to go check out Cherry Corals sometime... I saw their stuff for the first time at the Centerline swap last month and liked it a lot!

A few questions:

1) Where did you get that red macro? Dragon's breath? I found a guy on Michiganreefers selling some but he suddenly went radio silent for the last week or 2.

2) What substrate are you using? It looks coarse but also has finer particles.

Overall the scape looks great. I like the minimalistic nature and I think that the fish you chose (midas and sixline are only ones in the tank right?) really compliment the coral selection - I can see how you have a nice viewing area set up.

Thank you!

The guys at cherry corals are great. They have the best local selection and some really high end corals. My only negative is that some of the pieces are a little pricey for the size.

The red macro is dragon's breath. I got a massive clump from an lfs out by me for $25. I had to split it and sell off half because it was too much for this small tank.

I'm using arag alive bimini pink substrate. Has sizes ranging from fine particles, random pink gravel like pebbles to almost half inch crushed coral (not too much). I had this in my very first reef and I liked that bag more than this one. Had a little more of the pink pebbles and less of the larger crushed coral. I had tropic marin reefflakes in my last tank and although the size was perfect, I couldn't stop getting random algae blooms. Hasn't happened once since switching back to the bimini pink

The six line and the midas are the only two in there and I don't plan on adding any other fish. I had a neon dotty in there but he didn't like the six line and was starting to boss around the midas. He will now be the only fish in my son's fusion 10 away from the civil population.

Again, thank you. I appreciate the kind words

That sounds good. I have a jb shroom smaller than a dime roughly, $89 i paid. its yellow. wow......lol

$89 is one hell of a deal even if it's only yellow or orange. He won't be like that forever. I got mine for $200 shipped at what was said the size of a nickel with a red streak already coming in and I got proof that he came from the digital fish room's original mystery tye die line. The pics I get won't pic up the red on it yet tho but it's there in person. He threw in a joker disco (the guy next to the jb) for cheap. As soon as I killed the flow, he puffed up to be larger than a quarter.

I got mine from legendary corals. I've done a lot of business with them, so basically I took there word. I know Zach from TDF he lives about 25 min. From me. Bought a lot of stuff from him. He had so many tanks and so many awesome pieces wether you liked chalices, zoas or whatever. The coral game huh : )

Legendary corals has a pretty good rep. I was looking at the interstellar shroom on the website but this jb popped up and I couldn't pass it up. All the online dealers I looked at were around $300 for jb with red already coming in. I'm bummed I got into the game after tdf closed shop. Would've loved getting some things from there.

I got mine from legendary corals. I've done a lot of business with them, so basically I took there word. I know Zach from TDF he lives about 25 min. From me. Bought a lot of stuff from him. He had so many tanks and so many awesome pieces wether you liked chalices, zoas or whatever. The coral game huh : )

• Like 1

The tunze skimmer is starting to p### me. Works great when it doesn't decide to detach from the in sump magnet

I personally never liked the tunze skimmers. I use a coral box s150, pulls some serious crap.

Drain hose looks good.

Hi!

Nice tank!

Do you think this overflow is silent?

The actual overflow is silent. I get a slight bubble noise from how the sump is designed. With the hose the kit came with and my old sump, there was no sound whatsoever

I personally never liked the tunze skimmers. I use a coral box s150, pulls some serious crap.Drain hose looks good.

I will be looking into a new skimmer after the new year. The tunze pulls some gunk and is easy to adjust but I think this one will be moved to the fusion 10 if I can squeeze it in the back chambers. If not, it'll be my back up. I'll look into the coral box skimmers when I'm in the market

• Like 1

After seeing Drew's Office 45-F with the new tide over it, in starting to favor that over the hydra 26hd. The colors that light puts out is unparalleled and I like dealing with Dave. Being primarily a mushroom tank, I'll be able to go with a tide instead of the duo. I'm thinking a high gloss white body with a high gloss black lid. $#!++y that I'll have to wait until after the holidays to order this baby up.

• Like 2