Top Shelf Aquatics

Justin Fox's Nuvo 16

justinfox

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then you can definitely share the ones without the stars, huh ;)

Just PM us all, mmmkay?

Full Set is on my folio site (NSFW!): http://www.justinfoxphoto.com/girls#/melisa/

I really think a NBR unit that reflects you is needed over that Nuvo... ;)

Great stuff man.

-Dave

Whole heartedly agree!!!! The AI Prime didn't fit as the arm hits the wall so I had to use the Kessil on this tank and the AI on the Frag Tank!

couch3.jpg?format=2500w

The Nuvo's casting blue light into my shots! Half of me thinks I should turn the lights off for shoots, the other half of me thinks it is what it is! So... leave it on!

Full Set is on my folio site (NSFW!): http://www.justinfoxphoto.com/girls#/melisa/

Whole heartedly agree!!!! The AI Prime didn't fit as the arm hits the wall so I had to use the Kessil on this tank and the AI on the Frag Tank! couch3.jpg?format=2500w

The Nuvo's casting blue light into my shots! Half of me thinks I should turn the lights off for shoots, the other half of me thinks it is what it is! So... leave it on!

Nuvo.... What ? Is there a fish tank in here?

Whole heartedly agree!!!! The AI Prime didn't fit as the arm hits the wall so I had to use the Kessil on this tank and the AI on the Frag Tank!

couch3.jpg?format=2500w

This is a totally reef related photo. That pillow looks like a clam.

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome photos as usual Justin :). Any new additions to the tank besides all the lovely ladies?

None actually! The algae issues are pretty much gone, tank is maturing nicely! Lost 2 small birdsnest frags as they got covered in hair algae, the xenia is growing like crazy in there. I am also seeing dead snails with cracked shells so there must be a crab, or pistol, or mantis in there somewhere!!! Also still find a zoa eating nudi every now and then too. No aiptasia but!

Evap is a massive issue with the Nuvo so I might have to get an ATO at some point, not sure where to store the water but...

This tank needs a Duo with a custom laser engraved lid of your babes. ;)

Lets make this happen.

-D

It really does. The kessil is just not quite the right blue I like, and the stock Nuvo lights are WAY too white!!!

PS: Nuvo makes a sneaky appearance in this photo too :)

zen_garage_rocket_bunny_180sx_s13_kit_bw

I have finally gotten on top of my algae issues as well, almost 12 months of battling. Kinda ironic seeing as the tank will be coming down in the new year to make room for my 55G rimless. My Xenia has gone crazy as well, trying to offload it all on gumtree with a heap of shrooms and zoa frags but no one will take them! Does sound like you may have a mantis or a crab in there, have you thought of making a crab trap? Fairly easy to do, I made one out of an empty spectrum pellet container last time lol. ATO's are fantastic, love my Tunze osmolator nano.

Nice rocket bunny kit also, saw that pic of yours on social media yesterday. I know which car it goes on, can't wait to see it fitted :).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How's the tank been doin man?! Any updates!!?

Been a while since updates!!! A month or so ago I noticed my 6-Line was missing. Turns out he jumped over the back wall and into the rear sump compartment of the Nuvo! Took me a while to catch him out of there! A few days later he jumped into the back section again! Smart fella?! I caught him out again, only to have him jump AGAIN so I gave in and just took off one of the spinning nuvo pump thingies, leaving a hole for hi to freely swim fro the front section of the tank to the sump (very cool!). He loved this for the past few weeks as he gets beaten up by the Dottyback, and this has relieved the issue, but 2 days ago I noticed he wasn't coming to the front for feeding time, today I had a good look and it turns out he's jumped out of the tank completely, fallen on the floor, then even worse fallen into the air conditioning grate under the tank (I can't get his dried up dead corpse!).

I took a few photos, will upload later today/tonight. Had a MAJOR issue with the Fluval Edge as well, will also update that thread tonight!

Sorry to hear about the loss Justin :(. Looking forward to seeing an update on the tank though. Also wanting to see more pics of the rocket bunny 180sx ;).

So sorry for the loss man, sounds like he liked to live life on the edge... At least you know he was happy and tryna fly before he left :( RIP poor guy.

Archived