Top Shelf Aquatics

schg's Innovative Marine Fusion 10 gallon (retired)

schgr.cube

2 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Whoa, that's a lot of starfish!

:lol: If only they didn't piss me off! I wouldn't mind having them, but I like my coralline!

This is how I spent my Sunday:

35493529856_4dbc7bc4af_k.jpg

The stand will have a door on both the left and right sides, as I will need access to my sump, chiller, and ATO res, without it being too much of a PITA. I still need to fill the holes, stain the inside, and then track down some laminate.

• Like 2
schgr.cube

I really need a better camera situation, I am not getting quite what I want out of my Samgsung NX3000. I have a few decent lenses I can put on it, but need to buy an adapter, and I am worried that will just be a waste of money. :unsure:

Oh well, here is a shot of my new bi-color frogspawn:

35523866652_38d6e48d15_k.jpg

Didn't get a chance to do anything really on either tank this weekend, as Saturday was our 8 year anniversary!

35305541980_562cc1bc6f_k.jpg

Also, since this post kind of sucks, here is my little cross-eyed goon:

34851672534_03799c2634_k.jpg

• Like 5
schgr.cube
1 hour ago, Lula_Mae said:

Congrats on 8 years!  The bi-color frogspawn is beautiful, and the cross-eyed kitty is cute! :happy:

1 hour ago, JR! said:

Good for you guys. The wife and I just hit 9 years June 21st.

Thank you both! Congrats JR!! And thanks Lula, he is an absolute sweetie.

• Like 1
On 7/3/2017 at 4:08 PM, Rehype said:

Congrats man! Beautiful couple! (wife and I will be hitting the big 13 this december :blink: time flies)

Whoops, I missed this! Thank you very much, and time sure does fly! Congratulations on your upcoming big one three!

• Like 1

Latest full shot. I keep pulling oxide zoas off the sandbed, so I will have quite a few frags to sell off. I am debating just getting rid of the rock with all of the nucs and oxides, as there is a little too much of it for such a small tank. I really wish my fire shrimp would come out more, he seems to hide in the back most of the time...I can coax him out with a little food, but he just scurries back with his treasure and hides again.

35509642790_63ced15a35_k.jpg

35728047472_93cdb48f6a_k.jpg

Might go coral shopping this weekend!

• Like 4
3 hours ago, schgr.cube said:

Latest full shot. I keep pulling oxide zoas off the sandbed, so I will have quite a few frags to sell off. I am debating just getting rid of the rock with all of the nucs and oxides, as there is a little too much of it for such a small tank. I really wish my fire shrimp would come out more, he seems to hide in the back most of the time...I can coax him out with a little food, but he just scurries back with his treasure and hides again.

35509642790_63ced15a35_k.jpg

35728047472_93cdb48f6a_k.jpg

Might go coral shopping this weekend!

Looks good man!

20 hours ago, Rehype said:

Looks good man!

Thanks, Hype!

My Jebao died last night. I ordered a Koralia Nano to arrive today since I am traveling this weekend, but I don't know what I want to do. If this tank is being replaced with the other project I am working on, anything I buy now won't be needed then...too many decisions. :(

10 hours ago, schgr.cube said:

Thanks, Hype!

My Jebao died last night. I ordered a Koralia Nano to arrive today since I am traveling this weekend, but I don't know what I want to do. If this tank is being replaced with the other project I am working on, anything I buy now won't be needed then...too many decisions. :(

I'd stick it in there for now.  You never know when a project is gonna take longer than planned and you don't want to be without adequate flow!  You can always sell later or keep for backup salt mixing pump. :)

On 7/14/2017 at 8:08 PM, Lula_Mae said:

I'd stick it in there for now.  You never know when a project is gonna take longer than planned and you don't want to be without adequate flow!  You can always sell later or keep for backup salt mixing pump. :)

Oh very true, I am definitely going to keep the koralia just to have. Back in the day, I always had one or two extra. I was more-so referring to getting something controllable. I don't want to spend $200+ for a MP10 when I may have no need for it in a few months.

In other news, picked up a nice 2 polyp frag of captain americas, a 3 polyp frag of some nice yellow zoas, and some GSP (last ones melted) for $30 today. Pictures soon, my hermit crabs are currently cleaning them off...

• Like 2

A few pictures, still not happy with my ability to use this camera, or the camera itself. Oh well!

Rainbow acan still not doing too well after being flipped over for who knows how long when I wasn't taking care of this tank.

35992004795_2a31f574db_k.jpg

The Captain Americas, just noticed some Aiptasia...

35152202404_a7952e6162_k.jpg

The yellow zoas, which I guess are probably scrambled eggs? I don't know morph names anymore...

35992005125_64c091f891_k.jpg

Astrea sort of doing its job, but I guess I need to clean the glass a little better!

35152202764_9b908394d5_k.jpg

• Like 1

Have you tried a Lugol's dip on the rainbow acans?  Lugol's dips saved my blasto and acan that I almost lost when I moved.  Now they are fat and fluffy. :)

On 7/20/2017 at 9:42 AM, Lula_Mae said:

Have you tried a Lugol's dip on the rainbow acans?  Lugol's dips saved my blasto and acan that I almost lost when I moved.  Now they are fat and fluffy. :)

I have not, but it has been doing better after I started spot feeding with Reef Roids (didn't seem to take anything frozen, but likely because it wasn't all that healthy). I will definitely try a Lugol's dip and see how it does, thanks!

Picked up about 7 frags of SPS, some fireworks cloves, and a small piece of pipe organ for free from a local reefer yesterday. Will also be getting a few things at our local reef clubs meeting this Sunday, so I should have a slightly more filled out tank next week! Pictures once everything is happy.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, schgr.cube said:

I have not, but it has been doing better after I started spot feeding with Reef Roids (didn't seem to take anything frozen, but likely because it wasn't all that healthy). I will definitely try a Lugol's dip and see how it does, thanks!

Picked up about 7 frags of SPS, some fireworks cloves, and a small piece of pipe organ for free from a local reefer yesterday. Will also be getting a few things at our local reef clubs meeting this Sunday, so I should have a slightly more filled out tank next week! Pictures once everything is happy.

Sounds like a nice haul!  Always nice when a tank starts filling out. :) Hope the dip helps the acans be even happier!  And yeah, it took awhile for those blastos and acans to recover enough to take mysis.

Figured I would snap a few shots of the SPS now to be able to compare colors later, but most of the shots turned out kind of bleh. I picked up some cheap Canon lenses, but am using an adapter for my Samsung until I buy a new body. Because of that, I can't adjust aperture, so I am a bit limited! Here are some shots that turned out, you can see the difference the lens makes with this frogspawn shot vs my last one!

36098890785_e362366921_k.jpg

36098890535_0da730941b_k.jpg

35966594771_d345142373_k.jpg

35966594281_111be6841a_k.jpg

I'll post what I pick up at the reef club meeting tomorrow!

• Like 1

Putting the invisible build on hold for now, and just upgrading this to an Innovative Marine 25 Lagoon!

Buying today, but does anyone have a coupon code for any of the major sites? Would love to save a few bucks... :naughtydance:

2 hours ago, schgr.cube said:

Putting the invisible build on hold for now, and just upgrading this to an Innovative Marine 25 Lagoon!

Buying today, but does anyone have a coupon code for any of the major sites? Would love to save a few bucks... :naughtydance:

Aw man, DFS had 25% off a couple weeks ago!  No coupons here, sadly, but I DO have a coupon from DFS for a $30 gift certificate with $100 purchase, if that might help.  Not the same but there's always extras to buy for a new tank lol.  30GIFT2U is the code they sent me.

9 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Aw man, DFS had 25% off a couple weeks ago!  No coupons here, sadly, but I DO have a coupon from DFS for a $30 gift certificate with $100 purchase, if that might help.  Not the same but there's always extras to buy for a new tank lol.  30GIFT2U is the code they sent me.

I really appreciate that, and I would totally bite with that offer, but they don't carry the lagoon!!!  :tears:

4 minutes ago, schgr.cube said:

I really appreciate that, and I would totally bite with that offer, but they don't carry the lagoon!!!  :tears:

Whaaaat I totally thought they did!  Well, shoot.  IM 20 instead? :lol:

2 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Whaaaat I totally thought they did!  Well, shoot.  IM 20 instead? :lol:

lol it's all good! No, I really like the 25 lagoon dimensions. Plus...I already built the stand for it... :naughtydance:

Filling in the screw holes, needs to be stained and then skinned:

36187423285_539d055536_k.jpg

Ordered the tank through Marine Depot, since they have the closest shipping facility to me!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, schgr.cube said:

lol it's all good! No, I really like the 25 lagoon dimensions. Plus...I already built the stand for it... :naughtydance:

Filling in the screw holes, needs to be stained and then skinned:

36187423285_539d055536_k.jpg

Ordered the tank through Marine Depot, since they have the closest shipping facility to me!

Well, with the stand built, you're committed! :lol: Stand looks like it'll be really nice!

• Like 1
  • schgr.cube changed the title to schg's Innovative Marine Fusion 10 gallon (retired)