Innovative Marine Aquariums

GTi's 10 Gallon IM NUVO Fusion

GTi

Great thanks. Looking forward to some pictures!!!!

I haven't managed to get any good FTS yet partly due to tank rearrangement and partly due to reflections from the windows - I need to get someone to hold up a throw to block out the ambient light!

Here's a blown out phone photo of my Ricordea rock in the making:

FullSizeRender_zpsyjxyf27f.jpg

In other news, my turbos have been noming on my new red macros. I have to decide if I want turbos or macros. Not an easy choice.

I traded in almost all of my frag tank contents at the LFS and will be converting the 4 gallon Aqueon in to a planted tank Iwagumi style. I have some rock and substrate on the way and will add some plants, Neon Tetras and shrimp later on. The stock light will limit the plants and I want to keep it simple without adding CO2. If I like it a lot, I may look at an ADA style tank and better light but try to stay low maintenance.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I converted my Aqueon 4g in to a first attempt at a planted tank. Still cycling but I plan to add a few Neon Tetras, an Ottocinclus and some Cherry shrimp. Trying to keep it simple with no CO2. Should be interesting!

FullSizeRender_zpsaws5rqir.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Another blown out cell phone photo but you can see the Yuma on the right has dropped off 2 babies, the second of which is still barely attached.

IMG_0749_zpsodrdydqf.jpg

Very nice rics. Planted tank looks sweet as well.

Thanks! I always like to have a Ricordea garden. I would have liked all Yumas but I've tried a few and they all melted away except this one from Lalani.

The planted is still cycling. Ammonia is done but nitrite is persisting. Was hoping to stock it this weekend.

Pinner Reef

I converted my Aqueon 4g in to a first attempt at a planted tank. Still cycling but I plan to add a few Neon Tetras, an Ottocinclus and some Cherry shrimp. Trying to keep it simple with no CO2. Should be interesting!

I like that scape! Can I suggest Galaxy Rasboras? Love those lil guys :wub: They look like miniature trout.

I like that scape! Can I suggest Galaxy Rasboras? Love those lil guys :wub: They look like miniature trout.

I just checked them out - they look really neat! I'll look in to it a bit further - thanks for the idea.

I ordered the rock on EBay and there are a few more, one of which is a lot bigger and should work well in a larger tank if I go that route.

• 4 months later...

Update after 5 months!

No major changes but I made a small order with Legendary Corals a couple of weeks ago - anemone, plate, Gorgonian and some zoas. Very pleased with the packaging and corals.

Traded the Sexy Shrimp in at the LFS yesterday as the female in particular was constantly picking at the anemone and the plate. Picked up a few nassarius and a small diadema urchin.

I can't get any decent photos with the phone camera but I'll try to get around to taking some with the DSLR before too long.

Photo update.

FTS:

IMG_6354_zpsgptwnijy.jpg

Side:

IMG_6350_zpsye79lh1c.jpg

The new corals and anemone from Legendary Corals.

Anemone:

IMG_6359_zpsobkr3l1i.jpg

Gorgonian:

IMG_6358_zps5l2mfgxm.jpg

Kryptonites:

IMG_6357_zps6wueep4e.jpg

Plate:

IMG_6355_zpsxkblryfy.jpg

Ricordea Garden is filling in:

IMG_6360_zpslmlicxxh.jpg

New Diadema Urchin is cleaning up the rock - of everything!:

IMG_6346_zpsirphc8s3.jpg