SaltCritters.com

GTi's 10 Gallon IM NUVO Fusion

GTi

Sorry to hear about the possum. They are cool little fish

Thanks. He had only been at the store for a few days so he may have come in in bad shape. The store owner gave me a lot of questions over the phone about acclimation and water parameters but I know it want any of those. I have never lost a fish that soon except for a clown goby that must have had Ich but no symptoms. They are going to order me another but I'll let them hold on to it for a week or so before I take it. I've bought a couple of hard to find fish by mail and didn't have any issues with those!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aww. I'm sorry about your possum, GTI!

USPS priority has been hit or miss for me. Very frustrating to say the least.

Thanks. He had only been at the store for a few days so he may have come in in bad shape. The store owner gave me a lot of questions over the phone about acclimation and water parameters but I know it want any of those. I have never lost a fish that soon except for a clown goby that must have had Ich but no symptoms. They are going to order me another but I'll let them hold on to it for a week or so before I take it. I've bought a couple of hard to find fish by mail and didn't have any issues with those!

I was going to say I've ordered fish from the Diver's Den and haven't had any problems at all. They've all come healthy. So far, I've gotten a pair of bonded hybrid cleaner gobies, a bonded pair of cardinal fish and most recently a bonded pair of gumdrop coral crouchers. The crouchers I've only had for a little under two weeks, but they seem healthy. All others are doing well. Plus, I really like Live Aquaria's customer service. Any time I've had a problem, they've made it right really quickly.

Sorry to hear about the possum. They are cool little fish

Damn...So sorry to hear about this..Had to Google the fish, VERY Pretty!

Aww. I'm sorry about your possum, GTI!

USPS priority has been hit or miss for me. Very frustrating to say the least.

I was going to say I've ordered fish from the Diver's Den and haven't had any problems at all. They've all come healthy. So far, I've gotten a pair of bonded hybrid cleaner gobies, a bonded pair of cardinal fish and most recently a bonded pair of gumdrop coral crouchers. The crouchers I've only had for a little under two weeks, but they seem healthy. All others are doing well. Plus, I really like Live Aquaria's customer service. Any time I've had a problem, they've made it right really quickly.

Yes - quite sad. I used to have confidence in Priority but not so much recently. My barnacle shells from Reefcleaners came in a crushed box and USPS marked it as received damaged. The likelihood of John sending a crushed package is next to zero. The shells were ok inside, luckily. LA doesn't always get it right but customer service will always take care of you.

Damn...So sorry to hear about this..Had to Google the fish, VERY Pretty!

Thanks - it's too bad. I felt bad for the little guy.

reefernanoman

IMG_0713_zpsudno5ona.jpg

I got the Radion above the tank last night. That bracket is really heavy duty and ugly! The aesthetics of the NanoBox are definitely better. I really like the colour spectrum of the natural setting on the Radion though. I need to decide if I'll keep the NanoBox for my frag tank or stick with the IM Skyye and sell the NanoBox. The NanoBox is way better than the Skyye but I'm not planning to keep the frag tank going long term.

My 2 Day USPS delivery of macros didn't arrive yesterday. It shows as delayed and left a location about 40 miles away early this morning. I hope it comes today because the nights have turned frosty again.

FTS update?

FTS update?

Just tried one with the phone and it looked awful. Will break out the DSLR this weekend.

Still no sign of the package from KP. Good old USPS. I'm a bit worried because the weather has turned more seasonal again after a warm spell.

reefernanoman

Just tried one with the phone and it looked awful. Will break out the DSLR this weekend.

Still no sign of the package from KP. Good old USPS. I'm a bit worried because the weather has turned more seasonal again after a warm spell.

Which phone? I took a quick pic with my Nexus 6P and was very impressed.

Which phone? I took a quick pic with my Nexus 6P and was very impressed.

iPhone 6. It's good when the light is on midday but at dusk and dawn the colors look awful.

FTS update?

IMG_0727_zpsdffgjgtj.jpg

Phone shot as the sun came up.

USPS finally delivered my KP order yesterday - taking 4 days instead of the predicted 2. Everything was well packaged and insulated and had a heatpack. The water was around 60F but everything looked ok.

The red sponge can be seen in this shot and I glued the Rics to the rock in the front of the tank. They have yet to inflate fully but I saw some promise of nice colours yestetday when the lights were on. I also got another red sponge and some Zoas as freebies. Trade anyone?

I'll try to get a DSLR photo later. Reflections from the windows make it tricky.

I'm very pleased with it. $25 from a hobbyist in Novi. I know you're in Michigan but not sure whereabouts. He has more - let me know if you're interested. He also has a large rock with a large rose bubble tip and several of these smaller ones on it; do you know anyone with a large tank ;-). He's got this in the classifieds on Michigan Reefers but LMK if you want more info.

Picked up a BTA rock from a guy in Novi through Michiganreefers. The RBTA on it is about 8 inches across and there are four or 5 smaller greens on it as well. Guy has nice stuff. Thanks for the tip.

Picked up a BTA rock from a guy in Novi through Michiganreefers. The RBTA on it is about 8 inches across and there are four or 5 smaller greens on it as well. Guy has nice stuff. Thanks for the tip.

Awesome - win-win!

Hi GTI,

Tank looks awesome! I actually like the oversized look of the xr15 above the fusion 10.

Could you tell me a little bit more about your filtration? I'm thinking about setting up a fusion 10 but i'm debating between using a skimmer or not.

I'm only going to get one fish and just 4 or 5 corals.

Thx!

Rory

Hi GTI,

Tank looks awesome! I actually like the oversized look of the xr15 above the fusion 10.

Could you tell me a little bit more about your filtration? I'm thinking about setting up a fusion 10 but i'm debating between using a skimmer or not.

I'm only going to get one fish and just 4 or 5 corals.

Thx!

Rory

Hi Rory

Thanks for stopping by!

I replaced the filter basket with an InTank media basket and run filter floss and 2 bags of ChemiPure Blue Nano. No skimmer or other media right now but my bioload is low and I have only soft corals aside from the plate coral which are more forgiving about detectable nitrates and phosphates. I change around 2 gallons of water per week.

I would try without a skimmer and add one if you feel you need it.

What percent intensity are you running your Radion? I recently bought the xr15w pro, for my 10 gallon nuvo, and had some problems with the corals melting away. I have reduced the intensity of the white light and it has seemed to helped.

Thanks.

Hi Rory

Thanks for stopping by!

I replaced the filter basket with an InTank media basket and run filter floss and 2 bags of ChemiPure Blue Nano. No skimmer or other media right now but my bioload is low and I have only soft corals aside from the plate coral which are more forgiving about detectable nitrates and phosphates. I change around 2 gallons of water per week.

I would try without a skimmer and add one if you feel you need it.

Thx for the answer GTI,

i would only be keeping rics, some gsp, zoa's and a hammer or frogspawn or torch Coral. Fish would be clown fish or TSB (tsb's are my favorite!)

Thinking about using a media reactor in the second chamber with rowaphos and some rox 0.8 carbon.

Those intank mediabaskets look super but to expensive here in Belgium (customs grrrr). Customcaddy with some filter floss and maybe chemipure blue (or would this be to much with the rowaphos and carbon?).

Thx for the answer GTI,

i would only be keeping rics, some gsp, zoa's and a hammer or frogspawn or torch Coral. Fish would be clown fish or TSB (tsb's are my favorite!)

Thinking about using a media reactor in the second chamber with rowaphos and some rox 0.8 carbon.

Those intank mediabaskets look super but to expensive here in Belgium (customs grrrr). Customcaddy with some filter floss and maybe chemipure blue (or would this be to much with the rowaphos and carbon?).

TSB's are great. This is my first but he really adds character and movement to the tank.

I think you'd be ok with the Customcaddy with floss and chemipure but no reactor. Try simple first and see how your corals react or what the water tests show.

When I had my 55 gallon, I set it up as a mixed reef and had kalkwasser in my top off water, ran a reactor and skimmer. And when I travelled too much it all went wrong. I'm trying simple now and would recommend starting there but adding skimmer or reactor if needed. Spend more time enjoying the tank than maintaining it. Just my thoughts.

Wow that light looks sweet!

:D - it's certainly large but the spectrum and functionality are good. Dave's upgrading my Tide to the latest model - that has a much smaller footprint and the Bluefish allows adjustments by cell phone app. I was too cheap to buy the interface for the Radion so I have to connect it via USB to my laptop to change the programme. Both are great lights but they are quite different.

So I sent my light to Dave at Nano Box by 2 day Priority. It was scheduled to be delivered today. When unchecked the tracking all it said was that it had been picked up on Saturday. I thought maybe it had missed a scan. Nope. Just checked again and it has made it 40 miles down the road instead of all the way to SC! While Priority isn't guaranteed, more of my recent packages have taken double the transit time than arrived on time. At least I took the extra insurance.

So I sent my light to Dave at Nano Box by 2 day Priority. It was scheduled to be delivered today. When unchecked the tracking all it said was that it had been picked up on Saturday. I thought maybe it had missed a scan. Nope. Just checked again and it has made it 40 miles down the road instead of all the way to SC! While Priority isn't guaranteed, more of my recent packages have taken double the transit time than arrived on time. At least I took the extra insurance.

This sounds so typical of anything I have sent or received lately via usps.

The package hasn't left Michigan yet!

In other news, I have a Tunze 3152 ATO on my frag tank and it overfilled and overflowed. Not sure why. My main tank has a 3155 which has been fine - if it ever looks like overfilling, it cuts off when the float activates.

I see many saying they can't afford the 3155 but one good overflowing could cost a lot more than the price difference.

The package hasn't left Michigan yet!

In other news, I have a Tunze 3152 ATO on my frag tank and it overfilled and overflowed. Not sure why. My main tank has a 3155 which has been fine - if it ever looks like overfilling, it cuts off when the float activates.

I see many saying they can't afford the 3155 but one good overflowing could cost a lot more than the price difference.

If you're following the usps tracking it is rarely correct. I have had packages in my hand that the tracking still said was in Florida.

If you're following the usps tracking it is rarely correct. I have had packages in my hand that the tracking still said was in Florida.

True. I've had similar. Good news - it arrived in NC this evening.

What percent intensity are you running your Radion? I recently bought the xr15w pro, for my 10 gallon nuvo, and had some problems with the corals melting away. I have reduced the intensity of the white light and it has seemed to helped.

Thanks.

I'm running natural mode with a peak intensity of 35%. I also set the depth to 15ft to get a little more blue. There's definitely more power available than most corals will need. Gradual acclimation is important.

My Tide got to Dave on Wednesday and he's upgrading it and then getting it in the mail back to me on Monday - looking forward to that!

I'm running natural mode with a peak intensity of 35%. I also set the depth to 15ft to get a little more blue. There's definitely more power available than most corals will need. Gradual acclimation is important.

My Tide got to Dave on Wednesday and he's upgrading it and then getting it in the mail back to me on Monday - looking forward to that!

Great thanks. Looking forward to some pictures!!!!

Archived